Bangladesh wins by 249 runs as Maldives wrapped for 6
Published: 05:00 PM, 5 December 2019
Bangladesh Women’s cricket team earned a historic win over the Maldives by 249 runs in their third game of the ongoing 13th South Asian Games (SA Games) on Thursday at Pokhara in Nepal, reported UNB.
Winning the toss, Bangladesh opted to bat first. They posted a mammoth total of 255 runs for two wickets in 20 overs against the most inexperienced team of the event- Maldives. In reply, Maldives were wrapped in only for 6 runs in 12.1 overs. Seven out of their 11 batters failed to score any run in the match.
Shamima Sultana and Sanjida Islam departed early in the game scoring only 5 and 7 respectively. But in the third wicket stand, Nigar Sultana and Fargana Haque recorded a massive partnership of 236 runs. Both of Nigar and Fargana hit the centuries and they were unbeaten at 113 and 110 respectively. Nigar hit 13 fours and three sixes in her innings while Fargana decorated her innings smashing 20 fours.
In reply, Maldives were wrapped in only for 6 runs in 12.1 overs. Seven out of their 11 batters failed to score any run in the match.
Ritu Moni bagged 3 wickets conceding only 1 run in 4 overs while captain Salma Khatun also scalped 3 wickets conceding two runs in 3.1 overs.
Puja Chakraborty and Nahida Akter took 1 wicket each while two batters of Maldives were dismissed run-out.
Eventually, Bangladesh won the game by a big margin of 249 runs.
Earlier, Bangladesh women beat Sri Lanka by 7 wickets and Nepal by 10 wickets in their first two games. With Thursday’s win, Bangladesh ensured the final of the event which will be played on December 8 at the same venue.
- Why a child rapist shouldn’t be executed: HC
- Charge sheet against Mizan, Basir submitted
- Prova married Intekhab Dinar
- 10 children die of mysterious disease in Jammu and Kashmir
- HC for committee to supply anti-rape device
- Schoolboy’s slit-throat body found at tea stall
- E-Passport to be launched Jan 22
- Madonna in love with youth aged 25
- Teenager run over by Kishoreganj Express
- Mother, daughter killed in Faridpur fire
- Harry, Meghan to give up royal titles
- Bangladesh to host Asia Cup
- NK Foreign Minister fired
- Drizzle likely in parts of country
- Cosmetics made with marijuana!
- Tigers Pak-tour homework begins today
- Ijtema ends seeking global peace, unity
- 20 houses gutted in Ctg fire
- Verdict in CPB rally bomb attack case tomorrow
- Deadly virus’ outbreak in China, HSIA in high alert
- 60 Yemeni soldiers killed in Houthi missile attack
- Rohingya drug peddler killed in Teknaf gunfight
- Man suicides killing 4 in Maulvibazar: Story revealed
- Bone-shaking winter again!
- 7 devotees die at 2nd phase Ijtema
- Today’s Sports on TV
- 2nd Phase Akheri Munajat today
- President asks NDC graduates to uphold forces image
- Kathbirali releases in Switzerland
- Traditional horse race in Madhupur
- All News »
- BPL`s Man of the tournament winners
- Ticket price of BPL final increased
- Youth killed in road crash after returning home 24 yrs later
- British diplomat arrested in Iran
- ‘All coaching centers to remain shut from Jan 25’
- Magnitude 5.9 jolts quake-stunned Puerto Rico again
- Obscure’s Prince dies
- PM joins Bishwa Ijtema Akheri Munajat
- Dhaka city elections deferred to Feb 1
- Pakistan snowfall death toll rises to 104
- 28 institutes named after Bangabandhu and family members
- Russell hero as Rajshahi through final
- 32% work of Bangabandhu Novo Theatre in Rajshahi completed
- Snow, rain, flash floods leave 43 dead in Pakistan, Afghanistan
- Jashore car accident kills 3 including 2 sisters
- Apu Biswas to rock two shows in India
- Video of man hugging, kissing pride of lions goes viral
- Bangabandhu BPL trophy arrives
- Flight operations at HSIA still halted today
- EXO’s Chen getting married and expecting a child
- Khulna faces Rajshahi in BPL final today
- 12 devotees die during 1st phase of Ijtema
- New complexity in primary teacher recruitment
- Bangladesh on right track to attain SDGs: PM
- MP Abdul Mannan passes away
- Verdict in Myanmar genocide case Jan 23
- 39 killed in intense fighting in Syria’s Idlib
- Secrets of 1,000-year-old ginkgo trees unlocked
- Protests in Iran demanding Khamenei`s resignation
- Queen, Prince Harry to hold talks over Sussexes’ future