Bangladesh to honour 380 Indian soldiers: FM
Published: 06:05 PM, 6 December 2019
Foreign Minister Dr AK Abdul Momen today said Bangladesh will soon honour over 380 Indian soldiers who laid down their lives during the 1971 Liberation War.
“The Bangladesh government has taken all-out preparation to honour 380 Indian soldiers who sacrificed their lives during the country’s 1971 Liberation War. They will be honoured soon,” he told a discussion in the capital.
The foreign minister said Bangladesh would gradually honour all the Indian soldiers who were martyred in the Liberation War.
Ekattorer Ghatak Dalal Nirmul Committee arranged the discussion at Kobi Sufia Kamal uditorium of the National Museum, commemorating the 48th anniversary of Bangladesh-India diplomatic relations.
Indian High Commissioner in Dhaka Riva Ganguly Das, Ekattorer Ghatak Dalal Nirmul Committee President Shahriar Kabir, ‘Friend of Liberation War’ Julian Francis and human rights activist Aroma Dutta addressed the discussion, among others.
Nirmul Committee Adviser Justice AHM Shamsuddin Chowdhury Manik chaired it.
Momen said India had given shelter to over one crore of people during the Bangladesh Liberation War and it also trained up freedom fighters so that they could fight against the Pakistani occupational forces.
He said it cannot be forgotten that as many as 17,000 Indian soldiers had embraced martyrdom in the 1971 Liberation War.
Momen expressed his optimism that the existing friendly relations between Bangladesh and India will further strengthen in the coming days.
The Indian high commissioner said a friendly relationship was built between Bangladesh and India through the Liberation War.
She said the relations will remain intact and strengthen further in coming days for the economic development of the two neighboring countries.
- World court’s four orders against Myanmar
- Genocide charges against Myanmar proved: ICJ
- ICJ orders Myanmar to protect Rohingya, to preserve evidence
- ICJ says it can rule in Rohingya case
- BB reserve heist case: Report on Feb 24
- Bangladesh-Pakistan series trophy unveiled
- Corruption decreased in Bangladesh
- Amid unprecedented security, Tigers meet Pakistan tomorrow
- 3 US crew killed in Australia firefighting plane crash
- 3 shot dead by BSF on Naogaon border
- Murder attempt on Dr Sarwar Ali: Mastermind held
- 22nd span installed; Padma Bridge’s 3.3km visible
- Ronaldo scores as Juventus reach Italian Cup semi-finals
- Record: Trump tweets, retweets 125 times in a day
- Broccoli farming gains popularity ground in Rajshahi
- Man held with 3,245 Yaba in C’nawabganj
- Dry weather likely over country
- Bangladesh meet Burundi in semifinal today
- National Training Day today
- 22nd span of Padma Bridge to be installed today
- Rohingya genocide: ICJ to announce verdict today
- Child’s age 100yrs for denying to bribe
- 3 Allahor Dal activists held in Gaibandha
- 14 dengue patients undergoing treatment in country
- ‘Madhu Mela’ to begin Thursday in Jashore
- Pertamina lube launches business in Bangladesh
- Regal Furniture displays 50 new products at DITF
- Serena triumphs but errors frustrate
- Khagrachhari man to die for killing wife
- Iran calls on Saudi Arabia to hold talk
- All News »
- BPL`s Man of the tournament winners
- Ticket price of BPL final increased
- Youth killed in road crash after returning home 24 yrs later
- ‘All coaching centers to remain shut from Jan 25’
- Dhaka city elections deferred to Feb 1
- Jashore car accident kills 3 including 2 sisters
- Cox’s Bazar-St. Martin ship to be launched February
- 28 institutes named after Bangabandhu and family members
- Pakistan snowfall death toll rises to 104
- Ijtema ends seeking global peace, unity
- Actress Ishrat Nishat passes away
- Bangabandhu BPL trophy arrives
- Man suicides killing 4 in Maulvibazar: Story revealed
- MP Abdul Mannan passes away
- Khulna faces Rajshahi in BPL final today
- 39 killed in intense fighting in Syria’s Idlib
- Coronavirus: Everything you need to know
- Gabtoli turmoil after throwing eggs
- Lawmaker Abdul Mannan in ICU
- Two siblings among 3 electrocuted in Hazaribagh
- Top 5 batsmen in Bangabandhu BPL
- Bride’s mother elopes with groom’s father
- Arrest warrant against Prothom Alo Editor
- Bangladesh enters e-Passport era
- Ronaldo makes accidental kiss to Dybala
- ‘Law enforcers will work under EC directives’
- 5 held with marijuana in Sirajganj
- DMP’s letter to EC to keep close trade fair for 2 days
- SSC-equivalent exam rescheduled
- China virus deaths rise to 17, heightening global alarm