Bangladesh to continue to grow over next 30 yrs: BIDA
Published: 06:00 PM, 27 November 2018 Updated: 06:00 PM, 27 November 2018
Executive Chairman of the Bangladesh Investment Development Authority (BIDA) Kazi M Aminul Islam has said Bangladesh has made enormous economic and social development strides in the last 30 years and is poised to continue to grow at a world-leading rate over the next 30 years.
"We expect Citi to continue to support the country in this journey with its financial innovation and solutions," he said while addressing a function marking Citibank N.A.'s 30 Years in Bangladesh.
Citi celebrated the event, hosted by Managing Director and Citi Country Officer for Bangladesh N Rajashekaran, with clients, regulators, alumni and community partners recently, said a press release on Tuesday.
Jan Metzger, Managing Director, Head of Asia Pacific, Corporate and Investment Banking; James Morrow, Managing Director and Sub Cluster Head, Citi Bangladesh and Sri Lanka; Mridula Iyer, Managing Director and Head of Treasury and Trade Solutions, Citi South Asia Cluster were present.
Rajashekaran said Citi has been and continues to be involved in partnering progress in Bangladesh with many pioneering products and digital offerings. "The last three decades have been an exciting journey for us and we believe the next 30 years will be even more rewarding. We're well positioned to support the evolution of Bangladesh."
James Morrow thanked clients, regulators, government, community leaders and Citi alumni for all their support.
He said, "Since our establishment in New York 206 years ago, Citibank has developed into the most global banking institution with operations in 98 countries. Our Bangladesh operations are an important part of this global network which benefits our clients as the Bangladeshi economy grows and continues to play an important role in world trade."
Secretary of the Bank and Financial Institutions Division (BFID) Md Ashadul Islam appreciated Citi's journey of progress and added, "I congratulate Citi for being an important partner in building the financial ecosystem in Bangladesh."
Citi has been the "best corporate digital bank" in Bangladesh by the global finance magazine for 11 years in a row.
Citi is also championing progress in the country through its very active community support programs such as Citi Microentrepreneurship Awards Programs, Technical Education Programme for young Underprivileged women, programs across youth economic opportunities, community development, promotion of arts and culture and disaster management.
- Myanmar army kills 2 Rohingya pregnant women
- Humayun urges ThaiBev to jointly invest in Bangladesh
- Myanmar must abide by ICJ orders: Hasan
- Coronavirus can kill 65mn people!
- Valencia beat Setien`s Barcelona 2-0
- Atiqul to announce election manifesto tomorrow
- 1st Bangladeshi woman in US mainstream politics
- Stokes apologized but punished
- ‘Infrastructural developed schools are not good schools’
- PM for worthy citizens through sports
- Recruitment at Epyllion Group
- What thinks Domingo for losing series!
- Youths rich in tech knowledge are the future leader: Palak
- JMB men arrested in Khulna on 10-day remand
- Disabled child died after fallen from the roof
- Death toll climbs 22 in Turkish earthquake
- Rapists cheer on Facebook Live after rape in Gazipur
- Xi says China faces `grave situation` as virus toll hits 41
- Horse race held in Mithapukur
- Delta Airlines fined for dropping Muslim paxs
- Gambia Justice Minister praised Bangladesh
- 2 bakers fined TK 6 lakh Jhalokati
- Defendant mobbed over threatening plaintiff
- Election manifesto to be given highest priority
- Housewife killed over dowry dispute, 3 arrested
- Pakistan threats India over World Cup!
- Ranveer Singh denies sexism!
- 5 detained with 102 ltr liquor
- Bangladesh Embassy in China launches ‘hotline’ service
- No bricks in public works
- All News »
- Cox’s Bazar-St. Martin ship to be launched February
- Dhaka city elections deferred to Feb 1
- Jashore car accident kills 3 including 2 sisters
- 5,000 students get scholarship of Jahangir Alam Foundation
- China virus deaths rise to 17, heightening global alarm
- ICJ orders Myanmar to protect Rohingya, to preserve evidence
- Actress Ishrat Nishat passes away
- Coronavirus: Everything you need to know
- High levels of Uranium found in Cox’s Bazar
- Man suicides killing 4 in Maulvibazar: Story revealed
- Ijtema ends seeking global peace, unity
- Two siblings among 3 electrocuted in Hazaribagh
- Gabtoli turmoil after throwing eggs
- MP Abdul Mannan passes away
- Bride’s mother elopes with groom’s father
- Bangladesh enters e-Passport era
- Record: Trump tweets, retweets 125 times in a day
- Coronavirus: 11 under observation in India, Bangladesh on alert
- Bangladesh meet Burundi in semifinal today
- World court’s four orders against Myanmar
- Ronaldo makes accidental kiss to Dybala
- 5 held with marijuana in Sirajganj
- Top 5 batsmen in Bangabandhu BPL
- E-passport is a ‘Mujib Barsho’ gift for nation: PM
- E-passport to be launched today
- Court orders to publish ads asking SK Sinha, 10 others to appear
- Coronavirus death toll jumps to 25 with 830 cases: govt
- Harry, Meghan to give up royal titles
- SSC-equivalent exam rescheduled
- Over 100 killed in Yemen missile, drone attack