Bangladesh to continue to grow over next 30 yrs: BIDA
Published: 06:00 PM, 27 November 2018 Updated: 06:00 PM, 27 November 2018
Executive Chairman of the Bangladesh Investment Development Authority (BIDA) Kazi M Aminul Islam has said Bangladesh has made enormous economic and social development strides in the last 30 years and is poised to continue to grow at a world-leading rate over the next 30 years.
"We expect Citi to continue to support the country in this journey with its financial innovation and solutions," he said while addressing a function marking Citibank N.A.'s 30 Years in Bangladesh.
Citi celebrated the event, hosted by Managing Director and Citi Country Officer for Bangladesh N Rajashekaran, with clients, regulators, alumni and community partners recently, said a press release on Tuesday.
Jan Metzger, Managing Director, Head of Asia Pacific, Corporate and Investment Banking; James Morrow, Managing Director and Sub Cluster Head, Citi Bangladesh and Sri Lanka; Mridula Iyer, Managing Director and Head of Treasury and Trade Solutions, Citi South Asia Cluster were present.
Rajashekaran said Citi has been and continues to be involved in partnering progress in Bangladesh with many pioneering products and digital offerings. "The last three decades have been an exciting journey for us and we believe the next 30 years will be even more rewarding. We're well positioned to support the evolution of Bangladesh."
James Morrow thanked clients, regulators, government, community leaders and Citi alumni for all their support.
He said, "Since our establishment in New York 206 years ago, Citibank has developed into the most global banking institution with operations in 98 countries. Our Bangladesh operations are an important part of this global network which benefits our clients as the Bangladeshi economy grows and continues to play an important role in world trade."
Secretary of the Bank and Financial Institutions Division (BFID) Md Ashadul Islam appreciated Citi's journey of progress and added, "I congratulate Citi for being an important partner in building the financial ecosystem in Bangladesh."
Citi has been the "best corporate digital bank" in Bangladesh by the global finance magazine for 11 years in a row.
Citi is also championing progress in the country through its very active community support programs such as Citi Microentrepreneurship Awards Programs, Technical Education Programme for young Underprivileged women, programs across youth economic opportunities, community development, promotion of arts and culture and disaster management.
- Australia bowled out for 250
- 231 students` result changes in review
- Protest for free elections in Russia
- Biman’s return Hajj flight lands in Dhaka
- Jyoti’s new film in Kolkata
- Quader alerts AL men to BNP-Jamaat conspiracies
- BCB announces prelim squad for AFG test, Tri-series
- App launches to prevent dengue
- Cop caught taking bribe day after getting best constable award
- Facebook adds Chakma as 2nd Bangladeshi language
- Fire breaks out Delhi hospital
- Masrafe asks BCB for two months to decide future
- 4 of a family burnt in Gazipur fire
- Rawhide sale suspended till Sunday
- Priyanka Chopra reveals Jonas’ bedroom secret
- 1460 dengue patients hospitalized in 24hrs
- Newlyweds die in road crash returning from honeymoon
- 6 buses fined for charging extra fare
- Soumitra transferred to cabin from ICU
- Momo stares in Hindi film!
- Kid drowns in Shakhipur
- Smartphone for blood pressure detection
- First return Hajj flight arrives in Dhaka
- Mgst described severe suffering in govt hospital
- Russell Domingo appointed Tigers’ head coach
- Eight killed in Ukraine hotel fire
- No MoU, 2 FMs dialog only
- College student dies of dengue in Magura
- Temperature may rise slightly
- Husband arrested in triple talaq case
- All News »
- Shaykh Muhammad bin Hassan to recite Khutba at Hajj
- Truck driver rescues girl from rape on moving bus
- National Mourning Day Thursday
- Three movies to be released on Eid
- Heavy rain pours down on Hajj pilgrims at Arafat
- Karchi flood: Death toll rises to 11
- Rabeya opens her eyes, Rokeya still unconscious
- Priyanka anxious over Nick’s diabetes!
- Holly Eid-ul-Azha tomorrow
- Jacqueline stuns in yellow during birthday trip in Sri Lanka
- Immortal sayings of Bangabandhu
- 2m pilgrims gathered in Arafat
- 60pc animal waste of Capital disposed
- Holidaymakers suffer in train schedule catastrophe
- Man. City. Everton to play tonight
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- Removal of animal wastes almost completed: DSCC Mayor
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Kona disclosed her marriage 3 months later!
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- No foreign prog broadcast without permission
- PM visits conjoined twins Rabeya, Rukaya at CMH
- Keep environment clean to prevent dengue: President
- Last Hajj ritual heralds Eid Al-Azha
- Tailback, heat forced passengers becomes ill
- 2 gang rape accused killed in gunfight
- 7 plays of Humayun to be aired on Eid
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- Two Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- Pak-India war! 8 soldiers killed on LoC