Bangladesh starts Pakistan tour with loss
Published: 06:50 PM, 24 January 2020 Updated: 07:20 PM, 24 January 2020
Bangladesh have started their three-match T20I series against host Pakistan with a 5 wickets loss at Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore today.
The visitors, who had won the toss and opted to bat on a flat Gaddafi Stadium pitch, finished their allotted 20 overs at 141-5. Only openers Mohammad Naim, who hit 43 off 41 and Tamim Iqbal, who made 39 from 34, batted with authority.
In reply, Pakistan chased down the target in 19.2 overs for the loss of 5 wickets.
Chasing the target Pakistan lost its skipper Babar Azam (0) in the very first over of the innings. Mohammad Hafeez and Ahsan Ali made 35 runs stand in the 2nd wicket stand.
Debutant Ahsan Ali and Shoaib Malik added 46 runs in the 3rd wicket stand. Ahsan Ali being dismissed by Aminul Islam scoring 36 off 32 with four fours.
Veteran Shoaib Malik and Iftikhar Ahmed made 36 runs stand in the 4th wickets. Iftikhar Ahmed made 16 off 13 before being dismissed by Shafiul Islam. Imad Wasim (6) also went out in quick succession but Shoaib Malik's 58* off 45 with five fours helped the host to chase down the target keeping 5 wickets and 3 balls in hand.
For Bangladesh, Shafiul Islam bagged 2 wickets for 27 runs while Mustafiqur Rahman, Al-Amin and Aminul Islam took one wicket each.
Earlier, Two openers Tamim Iqbal and Mohammad Naim added 71 runs in the opening stand before Tamim (39 off 34) being dismissed by run-out.
Liton Das and Naim added 27 runs in the 2nd wicket stand but Liton being dismissed scoring 12 off 13. Then Naim also went out in the next ball scoring 43 off 41 and Bangladesh lost their 3rd wicket to 98.
From here, skipper Mahmudullah's 19 off 14 with 2 fours helped Bangladesh to post 141 after 20 overs.
Shaheen Shah Afridi, Shadab Khan, and Haris Rauf bagged one wicket apiece.
- Gayle, Pollard named World XI squad
- Youth held with arms in Noakhali
- 2 years for 20-meter-long Bridge!
- 172 students to be awarded Prime Minister Gold Medal tomorrow
- World`s oldest man dies
- 7 yrs imprisonment to Food officer
- 21 of 30 worst polluted cities of the world in India
- PM directs to arrest Papiya: Quader
- 2 coronavirus cases identified in Oman
- Motorcyclist killed in Gazipur road crash
- 7 March declares National Day
- N’ganj gas fire: 2 more die, bringing total to 5
- Four Tigers cricketers in Asia XI squad
- Treaty signed between WFP and Ministry of Relief
- BADC brings benefits excavating canal
- Bus-truck collision in Sirajganj, claims two lives
- PBI submits report over Salman Shah’s death
- ‘Celebrating Mujib year is very glorious for all Bengalis’
- Son to die for killing mother
- Tigers beat Zimbabwe by innings
- Anti-casino drive in Old Dhaka, Tk20 cr recovered
- 25pc women physically tortured by husbands
- 71 more coronavirus deaths reported n China
- Holy Shab-e-Meraj on March 22
- Rain with squally wind likely
- Metals more ‘harmful’ than nicotine found in Benson, Gold Leaf
- Delhi battleground again, 5 killed
- Zimbabwe at innings loss risk
- Drug lord held with heroin
- Trawler capsized in Inani beach, missing 2
- All News »
- Papiya expelled from Jubo League
- Excellent puzzled day after 808 yrs
- Arms, alcohol recovered from Papiya’s residence
- Amar Ekushey and International Mother Language Day today
- Coronavirus: Elderly and sick are most at risk
- Two doctors die of coronavirus within 24hrs
- Father of cut-copy-paste dies
- Israeli soldiers duped by Hamas
- Coronavirus death toll crosses 2000
- Hundreds of thousands of mussels dead in New Zealand heatwave
- Mother with dead daughter in VR show
- Actor Tapas Paul passes away
- Fly to space at TK 6 cr only!
- Coronavirus: 2363 died, nearly 78 thousand infected
- Salman Shah commits suicide, not murdered: PBI
- 3 killed after crane crashes on sets of Kamal Haasan
- Crowd erupted at Shaheed Minar
- PM critical of speaking Bangla in English accent
- Sufi Mizan: A hawker for social service
- BUET avoids combined admission test
- Tk 200 bank notes, gold and silver coins to be launched
- Bangladesh wants Qatar`s support for Rohingya repatriation
- Man City, Man United, Inter Milan to play today
- PM hands over Ekushey Padak-2020
- Bangladeshi infected with coronavirus in UAE
- President, PM pay homage to Language Heroes
- 3 children among 4 dead in ‘horrific’ Australia car fire
- Kidney Specialist without certificate!
- 15 new coronavirus cases in S Korea, bringing total to 46
- Zimbabwe opt to bat in Dhaka Test