Bangladesh post 330/6
Published: 07:35 PM, 2 June 2019 Updated: 07:45 PM, 2 June 2019
Bangladesh posts their highest score 330/6 in a 50-over World Cup and their highest score against South Africa in ODIs after being sent into bat. It was set up by Soumya at the top with a blistering 42. Then Shakib and Mushfiqur put together an outstanding 142-run stand before Mahmudullah and Mosaddek finished the job.
After winning the toss South Africa asked Bangladesh to bat first.
Openers, Tamim Iqbal and Soumya Sarkar added 60 runs in 8.2 overs.
But right after a good start, the Tigers lost Tamim for 16 off 29 with two fours. While losing Tamim, Bangladesh were at 60 in 8.2 overs.
Bangladesh lost the first wicket when Faf du Plessis called first change of bowler Andile Phehlukwayo. In his second delivery of the match, he removed Tamim Iqbal off a deadly bouncer.
Tamim tried to move the bat away but at the end, he managed an outside edge. Quinton de Kock took an easy catch behind the wicket.
Tigers lost Soumya Sarkar to 75/2. Before went out to Morris' short ball Soumya scored 42 off 30.
Bangladesh have crossed the 150-run milestone in 24 overs losing 2 wickets. Shakib reach his 43r fifty in 54 balls with 6 fours. Musfiqur Rahim also made 50 off 52 balls.
Shakib Al Hasan attempts to sweep an Imran Tahir delivery but misses it and the ball crashes his middle and leg stump. A 142-run third-wicket partnership between Mushfiqur and Shakib comes to an end and Bangladesh lost their 3rd wicket to 217. Before went out Shakib made 75 off 84.
Tahir's sprinting off again, which means he's collected another scalp. Mithun (21 off 21) is the man to depart, playing on to his stumps as he went to swipe the top-spinner and Bangladesh lost their 4th wickets to 242 in 39.4 overs.
Musfiqur Rahim also went out in a quick succession. Before went out to Phehlukwayo scored highest for the side 78 off 80.
After losing Mushfiqur Rahim Mahmudullah and Mossaddek Hossain help Bangladesh to post 330/6 in 50 overs. Mossaddek went out scoring 26 off 20 to Morris But Mahmudullah remained not out 46 off 33 with 3 fours and a six.
For South Africa AL Phehlukwayo, CH Morris and Imran Tahir took 2 wickets each.
Earlier, South Africa won the toss and sent the Tigers to bat first in the overcast condition.
- Third prime accused Rishan Farazi held
- Hearing on writ challenges rickshaw ban today
- Writ filed seeking compensation of Tk 1cr for victim
- PM inaugurates ‘National Fisheries Week-2019’
- Water level of Jamuna rises, 50 villages flooded
- Elon Musk wants to merge human brains with AI
- New EvilGnome Backdoor Spies on Linux Users, Steals Their Files
- Message in a bottle written 50 yrs ago found in Australia
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- Ershad wasn`t just my brother but teacher: GM Quader
- Old Dhaka building collapse: Father-Son’s bodies recovered
- Inzamam to step down as Pakistan chief selector
- Modeling early meteorite impacts on the moon
- Did Leonardo da Vinci have ADHD?
- ‘I am innocent’; claimed ex-OC Moazzem
- Kholi losing captaincy!
- 20 thou people victim in Patgram road collapse
- ICC breakes silence over overthrow controversy
- 100pc pass in Adamjee College
- PM urges PGR for highest professional sacrifice
- Saudi stops drone thrown by Yemeni rebels
- HSC examinee suicide crushed under train
- First child born in `Madina`
- ‘My Masud appointed as Police’
- Sadarghat building collapse: Father-Son missing
- Boys in GPA 5, girls ahead in pass rate
- Chattogram range`s best OC Jahidul Kabir
- Quatar WC qualifiers: Bangladesh in Group E
- Nusrat got ‘A’ grade but fail!
- Ex-Songazi OC Moazzem indicted
- All News »
- ‘Lady Killer’ Tisha to fight against formalin in food
- No more sight this life: Bidisha
- Happy Birthday Purnima
- Bride, bridegroom among 10 killed as train hits microbus
- HM Ershad passes away
- Two siblings drown in Shariatpur pond
- HSC exam results tomorrow
- Ishana announced to leave media after getting married
- NZ to face England in 12th ICC World Cup final
- Ershad’s offspring: who & where
- Queen Maxima and banking for the grassroots!
- Rifat murder: Minni at Police Line for questioning
- England win Cricket WC after Super Over drama
- BPSC announces dates for 38th BCS viva
- Ershad’s first namaz-e-janaza held
- Rifat murder: Another one detained
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- Rail link with Rajshahi snapped
- Barcelona sign Atletico Madrid forward Griezmann
- 3 kids drown in flood water, 1 missing
- 8 detained for ‘spreading rumor’ over Padma Bridge
- Flood situation worsened in Lalmonirhat
- Ershad’s 1st janaza at army central mosque
- Senior sports journalist Ajay Barua dies
- Mango-laden truck falls into ditch, kills 2
- Torrential rain marooned 30,000 people in Bandarban
- 8 boards attain 71.85 pc pass rate
- Drug trader killed in Teknaf gunfight
- England face Australia in high-voltage semis today
- Bangladesh makes significant stride in poverty reduction: UN