Bangladesh pavilion attracts visitors in New Delhi DCWA fair
Published: 03:29 PM, 3 December 2018 Updated: 03:29 PM, 3 December 2018
Bangladesh pavilion in the Delhi Commonwealth Wives Association (DCWA) and Diplomatic Community Bazar here has drawn huge visitors for its low-cost garment products and traditional food items.
More than 30 countries participated in the fair (Bazar) with their famous products like garments, foods, chocolates and beverage items as they displayed their items in more than 100 stalls set up inside the fair venue at Neheru Park in the capital.
The items mainly included famous Turkish, Spanish, Indian, European and Asian cuisine which attracted a large number of visitors especially from the diplomatic missions in New Delhi.
Performers of different diplomatic missions displayed their cultural shows– traditional dances, fashion shows– depicting their own cultural heritages.
Bangladesh High Commissioner to New Delhi Syed Muazzem Ali and his spouse Tuhfa Zaman Ali, former President of DCWA inaugurated Bangladesh pavilion on the fair premises with the presence of senior officials of the high commission and their spouses.
Bangladeshi garments like shirts, sweaters, jackets, and traditional Jamdani Sarees were displayed on the Bangladesh pavilion alongside with the popular food items like “Doi Bora, Chatpati, Chicken Tehari and different types of “Nakshi Pitha”.
“We are participating the fair every year with Bangladesh products and getting huge attention by the visitors as they are fond of our garments and delicious food items like pitha, chatpati and biriyani,” said Ms. Ali.
The lion share of the sell in the fair would be donated to a charity that runs two separate schools for the differently abled persons on the outskirts of Delhi.
Last year Bangladesh donated 2.50 lakh Indian rupees for the charity by selling its products in the fair.
- ‘Work with history of country’s Language Movement’
- Heart health: Love one you`re with
- Conduct leastwise two cases free: CJ
- Navy Chief in UAE arms exhibition
- PM joins Munich Security Conference
- India warns Pakistan of `strong response`
- Trump to spend $8B for Mexico wall
- Haiti president breaks silence finally
- ‘Fagun Haway’ draws huge acclamation
- UN sought $920m for Rohingya
- Motorcyclist killed in Nanglokote road crash
- 78th birthday of Dr Wazed tomorrow
- Myanmar court sentences two to death for Muslim lawyer`s murder
- Dhaka for OIC help on Rohingya issue
- PM seeks more WHO engagement
- Facebook taps user data to defend workers from threat
- Farmers dream in coriander
- Barca extent Valverde contract until 2020
- Tea output increases 57 pc in northern districts
- Allama Shafi with helicopter in Ijtema
- Hong Kong stocks open lower
- Bomb-like eggplant recovered at CU
- Committee formed to celebrate Bangabandhu’s centenary
- Bangladesh brace for another trail by NZ pace
- Messi is ready for Valverde
- 3 held over Eden College`s ex-principal murder
- First lady makes Valentine’s Day art with pediatric patients
- Trump to declare emergency over Mexico border wall
- Actor Farooque injured
- Mushfiqur on the verge of making double-century
- All News »
- Trinamool Lawmaker shot dead in West Bengal
- WB to cooperate with Bangladesh: Qimiao Fan
- Spain teeters on brink of snap election
- Bangladesh, Indian Air Forces can work together: PM
- Net house potato farming gains ground in Rajshahi
- Which channel broadcast BAN vs NZ series
- Biswa Ijtema begins tomorrow
- Elderly couple among 3 killed in Munshiganj road crash
- Haunting beauty of ghost towns
- “AL not embarrassed of BNP’s case against polls”
- Mashrafe confident of BD`s chances despite Shakib`s absence
- 28 including drug traders held in Dinajpur
- Illusions about losing weight
- PM visits LGRD ministry
- College student killed in Madarganj road crash
- Israel shoots dead two Palestinian teenagers
- Pahela Falgun being celebrated
- Two drug traders held with phensedyl
- Speech-impaired college-girl raped, man held
- Seven yrs of Sagar-Runi murder
- 3 motorcyclists killed in Gazipur road crash
- 5 mayor aspirants get symbols
- Al Mahmud admitted to ICU
- Emergency declared in Russia over polar bear ‘invasion’
- Hong Kong stocks open lower
- AL reveals 2nd phase UZ polls candidates name
- Saraswati Puja today
- IAF Chief to visit Dhaka today
- Tomorrow’s SSC exam deferred to March 2
- DUCSU `election schedule` today