Bangladesh pavilion attracts visitors in New Delhi DCWA fair
Published: 03:29 PM, 3 December 2018 Updated: 03:29 PM, 3 December 2018
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Bangladesh pavilion in the Delhi Commonwealth Wives Association (DCWA) and Diplomatic Community Bazar here has drawn huge visitors for its low-cost garment products and traditional food items.
More than 30 countries participated in the fair (Bazar) with their famous products like garments, foods, chocolates and beverage items as they displayed their items in more than 100 stalls set up inside the fair venue at Neheru Park in the capital.
The items mainly included famous Turkish, Spanish, Indian, European and Asian cuisine which attracted a large number of visitors especially from the diplomatic missions in New Delhi.
Performers of different diplomatic missions displayed their cultural shows– traditional dances, fashion shows– depicting their own cultural heritages.
Bangladesh High Commissioner to New Delhi Syed Muazzem Ali and his spouse Tuhfa Zaman Ali, former President of DCWA inaugurated Bangladesh pavilion on the fair premises with the presence of senior officials of the high commission and their spouses.
Bangladeshi garments like shirts, sweaters, jackets, and traditional Jamdani Sarees were displayed on the Bangladesh pavilion alongside with the popular food items like “Doi Bora, Chatpati, Chicken Tehari and different types of “Nakshi Pitha”.
“We are participating the fair every year with Bangladesh products and getting huge attention by the visitors as they are fond of our garments and delicious food items like pitha, chatpati and biriyani,” said Ms. Ali.
The lion share of the sell in the fair would be donated to a charity that runs two separate schools for the differently abled persons on the outskirts of Delhi.
Last year Bangladesh donated 2.50 lakh Indian rupees for the charity by selling its products in the fair.
- Bangladesh eliminated from AFC U-23 Championship
- Nigeria make history after sealing U-19 WC spot
- Thai junta party takes lead in general polls
- Rumana receives ICC T20 team of the year cap
- Security beefed at diplomatic zone
- PM opens combined military hardware display 2019
- Japanese SEZ on 1,000 acres of land in Narayanganj
- Price fall in large-cap drives stocks down
- No exams upto class-III from this year
- Teachers-employees call off movement
- Shakib starts IPL campaign with defeat
- Jupiter`s unknown journey revealed
- 82,500 students get primary scholarships
- Shahnaz Rahmatullah laid to rest
- Shakib rings historic bell at Eden Gardens
- UN asked to declare March 25 carnage as genocide
- Voting ends, counting underway
- Only Bamboo Bridge for 16 villages
- Hasnain debuts as Pakistan bat in 2nd ODI against Australia
- Dog `fakes own death` in dramatic reaction
- BNP neither in court, nor in field: Tofail Ahmed
- Postman died for 21 min, then came back to life
- Mass Killing Day tomorrow
- PM mourns death of singer Shahnaz Rahmatullah
- NZ to hold national remembrance next Friday
- Court set Apr 29 for reports submission over DU violence cases
- Hasan Mahmud consoles death of Shahnaj Rahmatullah
- Two killed in trucks collision in Dinajpur
- Ass presiding officer detained in Daulatpur
- UN Undersecretary General meets PM
- All News »
- Ex-JaPa leader Mohsen Rashid joins Gono Forum
- Maize production likely bumper in Rangpur
- Registration of Shuprovat Paribahan bus cancelled
- Coal power stations disrupt rainfall: Global study
- Nationwide prog on Bangabandhu’s birth centenary
- 7 incl presiding officer shot dead in Rangamati
- Local AL leader shot dead in Rangamati
- Students again on road with ‘We want Justice’
- Indonesia floods, mudslides: death toll rises to 89
- Six dead, 30 injured in China chemical plant blast
- Mozambique cyclone: death toll over 400
- BUP student killed in Narda road crash, sparks protest
- AL leader stabbed dead in Sunamganj
- First Bangladeshi girl in UN`s Education Conference
- Monali’s Dhaka concert postponed
- Protest continues demanding justice for Abrar
- NZ PM vows never to say gunman`s name
- 100th birthday of Bangabandhu celebrated
- Drug trader killed in Meherpur gunfight
- Rain with gusty wind likely
- Student killed in Sirajganj road crash, road blockade
- 50 killed as flash floods strike Indonesia’s Papua
- All 50 victims of Christchurch attack identified: police
- Mustafiz gets hitched
- 2 Bangladeshi Christchurch victims’ burial completed
- Hard-hitter Sabbir gets hitched
- 3 killed as train hits motobike in Gopalganj
- Drive launches to arrest Rangamati separatists
- Nation celebrates Bangabandhu’s 100th birthday
- 2nd phase of polls in 116 UZs underway