SA Games Football
Bangladesh out of title race
Published: 08:41 PM, 8 December 2019
An early goal by midfielder Sunil Bal helped host Nepal to eliminate Bangladesh U23 team from the title race of the South Asian Games Men’s Football on Sunday.
Bangladesh conceded a 0-1 goal defeat against Nepal in their fourth and last league match at the Dasharath Rangasala Stadium in Kathmandu. Bal netted the match-winner in the 11th minute.
Bangladesh Captain Jamal Bhuiyan got a red card just a few seconds before the final whistle.
Nepal will now play against Bhutan in the final on Tuesday at 5:15 pm at the same venue.
Bangladesh footballers had a bright chance to regain the games soccer title after eight years when they beat Sri Lanka by 1-0 goal in their third match.
Bangladesh started the SA Games campaign with an embarrassing 0-1 goal defeat against lowly Bhutan in the opening match and played out a 1-1 draw with Maldives in the second match.
Bangladesh men’s team clinched the SA Games Football crown twice, first in 1999 in Kathmandu and then in 2010 in Dhaka.
- Launch social revolution against drug abuse: President
- England earn series victory in South Africa
- UK for joint partnership with Bangladesh to combat climate issues
- Hong Kong rioters set fire on coronavirus affected house
- “Govt plans to set up public university in each district”
- BNP hatching conspiracy to foil polls: HT Imam
- One detained with weapons in Keraniganj
- Woman detained with weed in Brahmanbaria
- Iranian aircraft carrying 136 people slides onto highway (with video)
- Japanese drink swallow belly fat
- BCSIR Science Fair begins in Rajshahi
- Elias, best DC of Chattogram
- West Bengal Assembly passes resolution against CAA
- PM orders steps to return stranded Bangladeshis from China
- Carrying legitimate arms banned
- Badminton Federation isn`t refunding money to junior players
- Fire burns residence in Gazipur
- Hubei suspends passport application to curb coronavirus outbreak
- Magnitude 4.1 quake jolts in Sylhet-Sunamganj
- Sajjadul Hasan named chairman of Biman
- Bride commits suicide for disliking husband
- 11 organizations acquired ISO certificates
- DB detained drug dealer in Barhisal
- Beehives in UP building, funding for winter clothes
- DITF duration extended
- 65 platoons BGB to be deployed for city polls
- Get rid of dandruff forever!
- Awami League Secretariat meeting tomorrow
- Easy way to be fat
- Child killed in Meherpur road crash
- All News »
- Rapists cheer on Facebook Live after rape in Gazipur
- Cox’s Bazar-St. Martin ship to be launched February
- 5,000 students get scholarship of Jahangir Alam Foundation
- China virus deaths rise to 17, heightening global alarm
- High levels of Uranium found in Cox’s Bazar
- ICJ orders Myanmar to protect Rohingya, to preserve evidence
- Coronavirus: Everything you need to know
- Coronavirus: 11 under observation in India, Bangladesh on alert
- Record: Trump tweets, retweets 125 times in a day
- Actress Ishrat Nishat passes away
- Two siblings among 3 electrocuted in Hazaribagh
- ‘Dil Toh Happy Hai Ji’ actress Sejal Sharma commits suicide
- Gabtoli turmoil after throwing eggs
- Coronavirus death toll jumps to 25 with 830 cases: govt
- Bangladesh enters e-Passport era
- Bride’s mother elopes with groom’s father
- Rohingya killing resumed defying ICJ order
- Comilla University’s 1st convocation Monday
- World court’s four orders against Myanmar
- Bangladesh meet Burundi in semifinal today
- Ronaldo makes accidental kiss to Dybala
- Fourth person has died from new virus: China
- E-passport is a ‘Mujib Barsho’ gift for nation: PM
- E-passport to be launched today
- Court orders to publish ads asking SK Sinha, 10 others to appear
- Coronavirus infected identified in Israel
- Tambadu: The man who stands beside distress Rohingya
- Facebook to boost site safety with 1,000 more UK staff
- ‘Jamalpur Express’ to be launched tomorrow
- Wife receives husband with ‘Milk-bath’ for divorce!