Bangladesh opt to bat first against Windies in 2nd Test
Published: 09:43 AM, 30 November 2018 Updated: 11:28 AM, 30 November 2018
Bangladesh captain Shakib Al Hasan won the toss and decided to bat first in the second and final test against West Indies at Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium in Mirpur on Friday.
Looking to win its first test series against any side except Zimbabwe since 2009, Bangladesh made two changes from the squad that won the first test by 64 runs.
Opener Shadman Islam was given his test debut and Liton Das was brought into the side, replacing injured opener Imrul Kayes and fast bowler Mustafizur Rahman. That meant Bangladesh, for the first time, went into a test without a frontline pace bowler.
West Indies brought in pace bowler Shermon Lewis to replace banned fast bowler Shannon Gabriel. Gabriel was suspended from the second test after making ''inappropriate and deliberate physical contact'' with Bangladesh batsman Imrul Kayes during the first test.
Bangladesh: Shadman Islam, Soumya Sarkar, Mominul Haque, Mohammad Mithun, Shakib Al Hasan (captain), Mushfiqur Rahim, Mahmudullah, Liton Das, Mehidy Hasan Miraz, Taijul Islam, Nayeem Hasan.
West Indies: Kraigg Brathwaite (captain), Kieran Powell, Shai Hope, Sunil Ambris, Roston Chase, Shimron Hetmyer, Shane Dowrich, Jomel Warrican, Devendra Bishoo, Kemar Roach, Shermon Lewis.
Umpires: Aleem Dar, Pakistan, and Ruchira Palliyaguruge, Sri Lanka.
TV umpire: Richard Illingworth, England. Match Referee: Andy Pycroft, Zimbabwe.
- President for utilising scouting to serve nation
- Wife receives husband with ‘Milk-bath’ for divorce!
- 50pc of state-run entities funds to deposit in private banks
- Argentine goalkeeper Romero faces a road accident
- Mymensingh-Chattogram train services resume
- Google chief urges ‘proportionate’ AI regulation
- Female officer slapped BJP leader (video)
- Youth held with marijuana in Satkhira
- Youth sentenced to life imprisonment in Rajbari
- ACC drives at KMCH
- 40 teenagers detained from park in Jashore
- Woman killed, 16 injured in Joypurhat road crash
- 33 promoted to District Judges
- `Wife murder`, Fahmi again discussed in media!
- Total print media 3165, one state-owned
- Ronaldo makes accidental kiss to Dybala
- 4 detained with drugs in separate drives
- To get bright skin use rose water
- Praveen Kumar tried to commit suicide
- Moslem Uddin takes oath as MP
- 11 gamblers detained with 2 crores rupees
- Hand bombs blasted in Noakhali
- HC stays Primary recruitment test result of 14 districts
- Youth wants Mir’s daughter number!
- Miller encourages voters to cast votes
- Science-Technology Fair begins in Adamdighi
- 3 brother detained for stabbing elder
- RAB detained 4 robbers in Capital
- After 5 Tk’s food students getting toilet
- Conflict of authority hampers academic process
- All News »
- BPL`s Man of the tournament winners
- Ticket price of BPL final increased
- Youth killed in road crash after returning home 24 yrs later
- ‘All coaching centers to remain shut from Jan 25’
- Dhaka city elections deferred to Feb 1
- Jashore car accident kills 3 including 2 sisters
- Video of man hugging, kissing pride of lions goes viral
- 32% work of Bangabandhu Novo Theatre in Rajshahi completed
- 28 institutes named after Bangabandhu and family members
- Pakistan snowfall death toll rises to 104
- Snow, rain, flash floods leave 43 dead in Pakistan, Afghanistan
- Russell hero as Rajshahi through final
- Apu Biswas to rock two shows in India
- EXO’s Chen getting married and expecting a child
- Bangabandhu BPL trophy arrives
- Khulna faces Rajshahi in BPL final today
- Secrets of 1,000-year-old ginkgo trees unlocked
- Flight operations at HSIA still halted today
- MP Abdul Mannan passes away
- Man suicides killing 4 in Maulvibazar: Story revealed
- DU expels 63 students for life
- New complexity in primary teacher recruitment
- 39 killed in intense fighting in Syria’s Idlib
- Bangladesh on right track to attain SDGs: PM
- Ijtema ends seeking global peace, unity
- Verdict in Myanmar genocide case Jan 23
- Mashrafe playing despite 14 stitches in hand
- Razakar Kaiser’s death penalty upheld
- 5,000 camels shot dead in Australia
- DNCC, DSCC polls: No motorcycle ply for 72 hrs