Bangladesh lose 2-wkt for 87 at lunch vs Windies
Published: 12:19 PM, 30 November 2018 Updated: 12:54 PM, 30 November 2018
Despite losing the wicket of Mominul Haque just one delivery before lunch, the Tigers have started the Dhaka Test on Friday on a positive note against the Windies as the top-order batsmen guided them to 87 for two at lunch of the opening day of the match.
Before getting dismissed off a short delivery of Kemar Roach, Mominul was making Bangladesh fan hopeful for a successful first session. But he disappointed to maintain the good start as he fell on 29 off 46 deliveries.
Earlier, Shakib Al Hasan won the toss and elected to bat first.
The debutant Sadman Islam has been playing well in the domestic circuit for a few years now. He participated in 42 First-class matches and scored 3023 runs at an average of 46.50. He has seven centuries and 16 half-centuries to his name as well. Sadman Islam is the eighth player in 2018 to take the Test cap for Bangladesh.
Shadman Islam started the inning for Bangladesh with Soumya Sarkar. They added 42 on the board before Soumya played a loose shot off a Roston Chase delivery. After the lean performance in Chattogram, Soumya failed to grab the chance in Dhaka as well as he got dismissed on 19 this time around.
The debutant player impressed with the remarkable start. He faced 116 deliveries in the first session and became only second Bangladeshi opener to play more than 100 deliveries in debut after Javed Omar.
Bangladesh came into this match with two changes to the playing XI as they dropped Imrul Kayes and Mustafizur Rahman. While Imrul was ruled out for injury and 23-year-old opener Shadman Islam replaced him, Mustafizur is overlooked by the team management to make a way for Liton Das.
The Tigers made history heading into this Test without a frontline seamer for the first time. To take the full advantage of the typical Dhaka wicket, they have gone for an all-spin attack.
West Indies made one change keeping Shannon Gabriel out of the playing XI as he suspended for his demerit points reaching to five. They have included right-arm seamer Shermon Lewis as the replacement for him.
Bangladesh playing XI: Shadman Islam, Soumya Sarkar, Mominul Haque, Mohammad Mithun, Shakib Al Hasan (capt), Mushfiqur Rahim, Mahmudullah, Liton Das (wk), Mehidy Hasan Miraz, Taijul Islam and Nayeem Hasan.
West Indies playing XI: Kraigg Brathwaite (capt), Devendra Bishoo, Kieran Powell, Roston Chase, Shai Hope, Shane Dowrich, Sunil Ambris, Shimron Hetmyer, Jomel Warrican, Kemar Roach and Shermon Lewis.
- `Final should not decide my future`
- Trump walks out on Democrats in fury over Russia probe
- Aspirin `safe` for brain-bleed strokes
- Why N Korea called Biden an `imbecile`
- Record groundnut output makes farmers happy
- Two electrocuted in Bagerhat
- Voting on suspended 5 upazila on June 18
- Both BPL football matches end in draw
- Formation of the moon brought water to Earth
- Indo-Bangla ties to remain same whoever elected in India: Quader
- Saudi to execute 3 prominent scholars after Ramadan
- BB enhances usance period for raw materials import
- India’s EC rejects ballot tampering allegation
- US to legalize human composting
- Double duty to deject rice import
- HC for installation of fire extinguishers in all motor vehicles
- PM instructed to probe ‘fire in paddy field’
- Mashrafe leaves Dhaka to join team in England
- Shemai maker busy before Eid in Dinajpur
- Shakib reclaims top spot in ODI all-rounder rankings
- Bengal tiger number rises in Sundarbans
- Pakistani children worst affected in HIV outbreak
- Du’a of Intent to Fast and Breaking it
- `Papaya Juice` in Iftar
- UN to honor 12 Bangladeshi peacekeepers
- HC expressed anger over Greenline’s apathy
- Six dead in Indonesia post-election unrest
- Highest power generation recorded
- Poet Helal Hafiz hospitalized
- Quader for salary, bonus before 25th Ramadan
- All News »
- Bangladesh easily chased down Ireland`s 292
- Justice Salma Masud accused of changing court verdict
- People on Mars by 2033 or 2060
- Six killed as bus hits tree in Bagerhat
- Messi scores twice but Barcelona held
- Narayanganj’s Araihazar OC withdrawn
- Ronaldo coming to Dhaka in Mujib Year
- May agrees timetable to choose new UK PM
- Protik’s World Cup song ‘Banglar Damal Chelera’
- JS body discusses security of women, children
- Eid advance bus ticket sale begins
- Quader returns home this evening
- Quader to join his office today
- 3000 tubewells need to free from arsenic
- Ukraine`s new president Zelensky calls snap elections
- Thor actor Isaac Kappy commits suicide
- World Telecommunication and Information Society Day today
- 2 hijackers killed in Hazaribagh gunfight
- Cabinet reshuffle: Murad moved to Info Ministry
- President reaches London
- Man accused in 12 cases killed in gunfight
- Tk 76 lakh needed for testing Wasa water
- Robert Pattinson cast to play new Batman
- ‘AL not a political party only, organization also’
- Today’s sports on TV
- Sheikh Hasina’s homecoming day today
- Rumin Farhana gets BNP’s reserve seat nomination
- 152,000 passed in NTRCA preli
- Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina prayed like mother: Quader
- Saudi Arabia to provide PR green card