Bangladesh lose 2-wkt for 87 at lunch vs Windies
Published: 12:19 PM, 30 November 2018 Updated: 12:54 PM, 30 November 2018
Despite losing the wicket of Mominul Haque just one delivery before lunch, the Tigers have started the Dhaka Test on Friday on a positive note against the Windies as the top-order batsmen guided them to 87 for two at lunch of the opening day of the match.
Before getting dismissed off a short delivery of Kemar Roach, Mominul was making Bangladesh fan hopeful for a successful first session. But he disappointed to maintain the good start as he fell on 29 off 46 deliveries.
Earlier, Shakib Al Hasan won the toss and elected to bat first.
The debutant Sadman Islam has been playing well in the domestic circuit for a few years now. He participated in 42 First-class matches and scored 3023 runs at an average of 46.50. He has seven centuries and 16 half-centuries to his name as well. Sadman Islam is the eighth player in 2018 to take the Test cap for Bangladesh.
Shadman Islam started the inning for Bangladesh with Soumya Sarkar. They added 42 on the board before Soumya played a loose shot off a Roston Chase delivery. After the lean performance in Chattogram, Soumya failed to grab the chance in Dhaka as well as he got dismissed on 19 this time around.
The debutant player impressed with the remarkable start. He faced 116 deliveries in the first session and became only second Bangladeshi opener to play more than 100 deliveries in debut after Javed Omar.
Bangladesh came into this match with two changes to the playing XI as they dropped Imrul Kayes and Mustafizur Rahman. While Imrul was ruled out for injury and 23-year-old opener Shadman Islam replaced him, Mustafizur is overlooked by the team management to make a way for Liton Das.
The Tigers made history heading into this Test without a frontline seamer for the first time. To take the full advantage of the typical Dhaka wicket, they have gone for an all-spin attack.
West Indies made one change keeping Shannon Gabriel out of the playing XI as he suspended for his demerit points reaching to five. They have included right-arm seamer Shermon Lewis as the replacement for him.
Bangladesh playing XI: Shadman Islam, Soumya Sarkar, Mominul Haque, Mohammad Mithun, Shakib Al Hasan (capt), Mushfiqur Rahim, Mahmudullah, Liton Das (wk), Mehidy Hasan Miraz, Taijul Islam and Nayeem Hasan.
West Indies playing XI: Kraigg Brathwaite (capt), Devendra Bishoo, Kieran Powell, Roston Chase, Shai Hope, Shane Dowrich, Sunil Ambris, Shimron Hetmyer, Jomel Warrican, Kemar Roach and Shermon Lewis.
- Jaya Ahsan in spectral character
- Unrest in India-Pakistan border again
- Dengue claims housewife’s life in Satkhira
- Razia Sultana: First lady ruler in India
- Jubo League leader shot dead in Cox’s Bazar
- FM reaffirms for Rohingya send back
- Homemade delicious Beef Kala Bhuna
- China remains with Myanmar on Rohingya issue
- New journey of Ranu Pagli !
- Treatment and medicine at Tk 5 only!
- Noble to fly for US
- RAB rescues abducted man from remote area, 4 held
- UNHCR praises Bangladesh
- Debiganj UNO office assistant killed in road crash
- Indian Cricket Board getting richer
- Day temp likely to fall (1-2) °C
- China’s hypersonic DF-17: Threat for regional stability
- Bede couple dies of snakebite in Satkhira
- Esha Gupta injures in road accident
- Android 10: Changes look of mobile OS
- Bride’s family cracked groom’s head in wedding gate
- Boris Johnson puts his feet up in Macron`s palace
- Miley Cyrus slams rumors she cheated on Liam Hemsworth
- Strict security in capital around Janmashtami
- Eng meets Aus in 2nd day of Ashes 3rd Test
- Housewife dies of dengue in Satkhira
- Gunfight between two groups kills drug trader in Satkhira
- Daily ‘polypill’ reduces heart disease, stroke: study
- Janmashtami today
- India’s ex-finance minister on 5-day remand
- All News »
- Visiting Largest Fish Aquarium of Bangladesh
- Yarsagumba: World’s most expensive medicinal fungus
- Momo stares in Hindi film!
- 7 killed as auto-rickshaw crashes into bus
- Sabbir invites PM to his wedding
- PM receives Modi’s invitation letter
- Bollywood hot cake Sunny Leone now in Dhallywood
- Apu Biswas comebacks
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Medical admission test on Oct 4
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- App launches to prevent dengue
- Man United faces Wolverhampton tonight
- DU increases registration time for 52nd convocation
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- All you need to know about Islamic New Year
- 21st August: 15 yrs of bloody chapter
- 4 of a family killed in M’singh bus-car collision
- Champions League qualifying match tonight
- Jyoti’s new film in Kolkata
- La Liga: Atletico Madrid faces Getafe tonight
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- 9th wage board: Hearing on state appeal ends
- Two Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- Minni’s bail petition to HC again
- ‘National School Meal Act-2019’ draft approves
- A new milestone for Purnima
- Elnaaz Norouzi: Iranian actress storms over social media
- World Mosquito Day today
- Newlyweds die in road crash returning from honeymoon