Bangladesh lose 2-wkt for 87 at lunch vs Windies
Published: 12:19 PM, 30 November 2018 Updated: 12:54 PM, 30 November 2018
Despite losing the wicket of Mominul Haque just one delivery before lunch, the Tigers have started the Dhaka Test on Friday on a positive note against the Windies as the top-order batsmen guided them to 87 for two at lunch of the opening day of the match.
Before getting dismissed off a short delivery of Kemar Roach, Mominul was making Bangladesh fan hopeful for a successful first session. But he disappointed to maintain the good start as he fell on 29 off 46 deliveries.
Earlier, Shakib Al Hasan won the toss and elected to bat first.
The debutant Sadman Islam has been playing well in the domestic circuit for a few years now. He participated in 42 First-class matches and scored 3023 runs at an average of 46.50. He has seven centuries and 16 half-centuries to his name as well. Sadman Islam is the eighth player in 2018 to take the Test cap for Bangladesh.
Shadman Islam started the inning for Bangladesh with Soumya Sarkar. They added 42 on the board before Soumya played a loose shot off a Roston Chase delivery. After the lean performance in Chattogram, Soumya failed to grab the chance in Dhaka as well as he got dismissed on 19 this time around.
The debutant player impressed with the remarkable start. He faced 116 deliveries in the first session and became only second Bangladeshi opener to play more than 100 deliveries in debut after Javed Omar.
Bangladesh came into this match with two changes to the playing XI as they dropped Imrul Kayes and Mustafizur Rahman. While Imrul was ruled out for injury and 23-year-old opener Shadman Islam replaced him, Mustafizur is overlooked by the team management to make a way for Liton Das.
The Tigers made history heading into this Test without a frontline seamer for the first time. To take the full advantage of the typical Dhaka wicket, they have gone for an all-spin attack.
West Indies made one change keeping Shannon Gabriel out of the playing XI as he suspended for his demerit points reaching to five. They have included right-arm seamer Shermon Lewis as the replacement for him.
Bangladesh playing XI: Shadman Islam, Soumya Sarkar, Mominul Haque, Mohammad Mithun, Shakib Al Hasan (capt), Mushfiqur Rahim, Mahmudullah, Liton Das (wk), Mehidy Hasan Miraz, Taijul Islam and Nayeem Hasan.
West Indies playing XI: Kraigg Brathwaite (capt), Devendra Bishoo, Kieran Powell, Roston Chase, Shai Hope, Shane Dowrich, Sunil Ambris, Shimron Hetmyer, Jomel Warrican, Kemar Roach and Shermon Lewis.
- Unauthorized clinics increasing in Rangpur city
- Terrorist detained with arms in Joypurhat
- Russia supports Iran`s permanent membership in SCO
- Channels to broadcast Bangladesh-Pakistan series
- EU may face ‘terror threats’ if Libyan govt falls: Erdogan
- PM for expanding number of fast track projects
- Housewife killed in Dinajpur road crash
- 5 held in anti-narcotic drive in capital
- Drug dealer detained in Chattogram
- Benefits of using lemon water in bath
- Sumon plays Assistant Police Commissioner role
- Revised routine for SSC exams published
- Motorcyclist killed in Naogaon road crash
- PM takes responsibility of ailing Andrew Kishore
- Bangladesh into Bangabandhu Gold Cup semis
- Mobile operators aren’t solving even half of the complaints
- Drug dealer detained with yaba in B’baria
- Papan to visit Pakistan with cricketers
- Make ‘smashed pickle-eggplant’ with in 5min
- 24 devotees died in two-phase Ijtema
- Shakib distributes blanket to poor
- Facebook sorry for mistranslation of Xi Jinping’s name
- Taposh gets huge response from city dwellers
- 7 Missing in Nepal snowfall
- 8 dead in blaze at Czech asylum for mentally ill
- Why a child rapist shouldn’t be executed: HC
- Charge sheet against Mizan, Basir submitted
- Prova married Intekhab Dinar
- 10 children die of mysterious disease in Jammu and Kashmir
- HC for committee to supply anti-rape device
- All News »
- BPL`s Man of the tournament winners
- Ticket price of BPL final increased
- Youth killed in road crash after returning home 24 yrs later
- British diplomat arrested in Iran
- ‘All coaching centers to remain shut from Jan 25’
- Obscure’s Prince dies
- Magnitude 5.9 jolts quake-stunned Puerto Rico again
- PM joins Bishwa Ijtema Akheri Munajat
- Dhaka city elections deferred to Feb 1
- Pakistan snowfall death toll rises to 104
- 32% work of Bangabandhu Novo Theatre in Rajshahi completed
- 28 institutes named after Bangabandhu and family members
- Russell hero as Rajshahi through final
- Jashore car accident kills 3 including 2 sisters
- Snow, rain, flash floods leave 43 dead in Pakistan, Afghanistan
- Video of man hugging, kissing pride of lions goes viral
- Apu Biswas to rock two shows in India
- Bangabandhu BPL trophy arrives
- Flight operations at HSIA still halted today
- EXO’s Chen getting married and expecting a child
- Khulna faces Rajshahi in BPL final today
- New complexity in primary teacher recruitment
- 12 devotees die during 1st phase of Ijtema
- MP Abdul Mannan passes away
- Bangladesh on right track to attain SDGs: PM
- DU expels 63 students for life
- 39 killed in intense fighting in Syria’s Idlib
- Verdict in Myanmar genocide case Jan 23
- Protests in Iran demanding Khamenei`s resignation
- Secrets of 1,000-year-old ginkgo trees unlocked