Bangladesh lose 2-wkt for 87 at lunch vs Windies
Published: 12:19 PM, 30 November 2018 Updated: 12:54 PM, 30 November 2018
Despite losing the wicket of Mominul Haque just one delivery before lunch, the Tigers have started the Dhaka Test on Friday on a positive note against the Windies as the top-order batsmen guided them to 87 for two at lunch of the opening day of the match.
Before getting dismissed off a short delivery of Kemar Roach, Mominul was making Bangladesh fan hopeful for a successful first session. But he disappointed to maintain the good start as he fell on 29 off 46 deliveries.
Earlier, Shakib Al Hasan won the toss and elected to bat first.
The debutant Sadman Islam has been playing well in the domestic circuit for a few years now. He participated in 42 First-class matches and scored 3023 runs at an average of 46.50. He has seven centuries and 16 half-centuries to his name as well. Sadman Islam is the eighth player in 2018 to take the Test cap for Bangladesh.
Shadman Islam started the inning for Bangladesh with Soumya Sarkar. They added 42 on the board before Soumya played a loose shot off a Roston Chase delivery. After the lean performance in Chattogram, Soumya failed to grab the chance in Dhaka as well as he got dismissed on 19 this time around.
The debutant player impressed with the remarkable start. He faced 116 deliveries in the first session and became only second Bangladeshi opener to play more than 100 deliveries in debut after Javed Omar.
Bangladesh came into this match with two changes to the playing XI as they dropped Imrul Kayes and Mustafizur Rahman. While Imrul was ruled out for injury and 23-year-old opener Shadman Islam replaced him, Mustafizur is overlooked by the team management to make a way for Liton Das.
The Tigers made history heading into this Test without a frontline seamer for the first time. To take the full advantage of the typical Dhaka wicket, they have gone for an all-spin attack.
West Indies made one change keeping Shannon Gabriel out of the playing XI as he suspended for his demerit points reaching to five. They have included right-arm seamer Shermon Lewis as the replacement for him.
Bangladesh playing XI: Shadman Islam, Soumya Sarkar, Mominul Haque, Mohammad Mithun, Shakib Al Hasan (capt), Mushfiqur Rahim, Mahmudullah, Liton Das (wk), Mehidy Hasan Miraz, Taijul Islam and Nayeem Hasan.
West Indies playing XI: Kraigg Brathwaite (capt), Devendra Bishoo, Kieran Powell, Roston Chase, Shai Hope, Shane Dowrich, Sunil Ambris, Shimron Hetmyer, Jomel Warrican, Kemar Roach and Shermon Lewis.
- 16 burnt, 50 injured in Churihatta fire
- Fire at Chawkbazar plastic factory; burnt 10, injured 39
- President, PM pay homage to Language Heroes
- Nation pays homage to language martyrs
- Nation set to pay homage to language martyrs
- Australian minister Karin Kneissl calls on President
- We`re `well on our way` to discover Alien Life: NASA Chief
- BCL, JCD didn’t collect form yet
- Beach nobody can touch
- Women MP’s pay tribute to Bangabandhu
- Build country with Ekushey spirit: PM
- Putin warns US with new missiles
- Solari and Florentino Perez meet for over two hours
- ‘Barnamalar Michhil’ on screen for spell aware
- Ctg port ranks 70th among world’s 100 top ports
- N Korea`s US envoy arrives in Hanoi
- Most clean air in Barishal city
- Krishi Bank`s 6 ex-officials sent to jail
- College girl abducted in Companiganj
- 5 burnt as bus catches fire in Dhanmondi
- Three MPs quit Tory party
- Tisha to chat with audience tonight
- ‘Demand for Jamaat’s apology is rational’
- PM hands over Ekushey Padak
- Civilians evacuated from last IS enclave
- 600 students got Schoolbag in Thakurgaon
- Niko graft hearing March 3
- May heads back to Brussels
- Trump to sell Saudi Arabia Nucl Tech
- Jordan demand expulsion of Israeli envoy
- All News »
- ‘Work with history of country’s Language Movement’
- Pakistan summons Indian envoy to protest `baseless allegations`
- Another spell of gas suspension in Capital Tuesday
- JnU BCL committee dissolved
- BCL factional clash hurt 45 in JnU
- Biswa Ijtema begins tomorrow
- “AL not embarrassed of BNP’s case against polls”
- Drug trader hurt in Chatmohor gunfight
- Mithun`s fifty takes Bangladesh to 226
- Gas supply shutdown in Dhaka including Savar
- Nation set to pay homage to language martyrs
- Ali, employee of Daily Bangladesh, injured in road crash
- Barcelona, Man City to play tonight
- NZ clinch ODI series 2-0 against Tigers
- “’Fagun Haway’ will inspire new generation in patriotism”
- Hong Kong stocks open lower
- Death toll in Nigeria attack doubles to 130
- Samsung to launch US retail stores in smartphone push
- Prominent poet Al Mahmud dies
- Last tributes to poet Al Mahmud at Bangla Academy
- 1st phase of nomination withdrawal ends today
- General Osmani’s 35th death anniversary today
- Sadhan urges officials to brighten up govt image
- Navy Chief in UAE arms exhibition
- Zulfikar Ali will survive if he got your help
- Barrister Razzaq resigns from Jamaat
- SERG Zahurul Haque’s death anniversary observed
- No pardon for drug traders: IGP
- Man killed in truck-pickup collision in Malibag
- India shouldn`t play Pakistan in World Cup: Harbhajan