Bangladesh knock out from WC with 28-run defeat
Published: 11:42 PM, 2 July 2019 Updated: 11:42 PM, 2 July 2019
India have beat Bangladesh by 28 runs to knock out from World Cup at Birmingham today. Fifty from Shakib Al Hasan (66) and Saifuddin (51*) helped Bangladesh to end their innings for 286 in 48 overs.
Chasing the target of 315 runs Bangladesh lost Tamim Iqbal to 39 runs. Tamim scored 22 off 31. It was short ball by shami and Tamim plays it off the inside edge and chops it on to the stumps. Tamim was looking dangerous, and there will be no 2007 heroics from the left-hander for Bangladesh today.
Bangladesh have lost their both opener to 74/2 as Soumya Sarkar (33) went out to Hardik Pandya. Pandya strikes with his second delivery, but it's not a great ball, the short one spanked at head-height to Kohli who catches cleanly at extra cover. India are jubilant again.
Indian spinner Chahal removed Mushfiqur Rahim as Bangladesh lost their 3rd wickets to 121/3. Mushfiqur was batting beautifully, but he smacks a sweep right down the throat of Shami at mid-wicket.
Liton Das went out to Hardik Pandya. Liton mistimes his pull shot to Karthik who snaffles at mid-wicket. This task just got much harder for Bangladesh.
Bangladesh lost their 5th wicket to 173/5 as Jasprit Bhumra sent back Mosaddek Hossain for 3.
Hardik Pandya got another wicket as Bangladesh lost their most valuable wickets of Shakib Al Hasan (66 off 74) to 179/6.
Sabbir Rahman and Mohammad Saifuddin made a spirited partnership of 66. It was superby disguised slower ball from Bumrah and Sabbir is through his shot as the ball clips leg stump and Bangladesh lost their 7th wicket to 245.
Mashrafe goes for another straight thwack, but the outside edge sends it flying to the right of Dhoni, who takes it safely. Bangladesh's campaign is approaching its end, but they aren't going down without a fight here 257/8.
Saifuddin and Rubel Hossain added 29 runs in the 9th wickets stand. But Bumrah's double strikes sent back Rubel and Mustafizur and Bangladesh all out for 286 in 48 overs.
Jasprit Bumrah bagged 4 wickets for 55 and Hardik Pandya took 3 wickets.
Erlier, Bangladesh pace sensation Mustafizur Rahman bagged five wickets that helped his side to restrict India to 314/8 in 50 overs, 40th match, ICC Cricket World Cup at Birmingham. He turned it around with a double-wicket maiden in the 39th to get the whale, Virat Kohli, along with Hardik Pandya, then comes back with three more wickets for just six runs in his final two overs at the death.
Rohit Sharma had an early reprieve as India made a strong start after electing to bat first against Bangladesh in the World Cup at Edgbaston on Tuesday. Before Soumya Sarkar made the desirable breakthrough for Bangladesh by sending back Indan opener Rohit Sharma. Rohit went out after scoring 104 off 92. India were 181/1 at the end of 30 overs.
Rohit Sharma started with a six in the first over but mistimed a pull off paceman Mustafizur Rahman only for Tamim Iqbal to drop a simple catch at deep mid-wicket with the batsman on nine.
Right-hand pacer Rubel Hossain sends back KL Rahul (77 off 92) as India lost their 2nd wickets to 195 in 32.4 overs.
Bangladesh pace sensation Mustafizur Rahman sent back India skipper Virat Kohli (26) and Hardik Pandya in 39th over as India lost their 3rd and 4th wickets to 237.
All-rounder Shakib Al Hasan removed Rishab Pant (48 off 41) as India lost their 5th wickets to 277/5 in the first over of 45 overs. RR MS Dhoni and Dinesh Kartik are in the crease scoring 11 and 1 respectively. India 279/5 after 45 overs.
India lost Karthik to 298 beating a slower-ball bouncer from fizz! He went to pull but is duped by the lack of pace, edging up to Mosaddek at deep mid-wicket.
Fizz sent back MS Dhoni and Mohammad Shami in the last over to took his five wickets haul. He also made a run out in that over and India restricted to 314/8.
- PM to inaugurate `Gangchil` on Thursday
- Empty classrooms as some schools re-open in Kashmir
- Easy loan for idea innovators
- Peya Bipasha in new film
- Huawei gets 90 more days
- Man commits suicide after being raped in Gazipur
- Aklima`s husband & father-in-law dies
- Srijit a very good friend of mine: Mithila
- Indian foreign minister Jaishankar in Dhaka
- Dolphins goes extinct day by day
- BFF set to start world cup practice on Friday
- 5% VAT on ride-sharing companies
- Easy ways to clean the stomach
- Death toll crossed thousand in India
- BNP to complain to UN losing country`s support
- Sujon: New Star of Dhallywood!
- Eight grader raped by principal
- `Allah’r Dal` targets fired Pilkhana men
- 20 killed after fuel tanker explosion in Uganda
- Coast fishermen waiting for fish
- Chatku Ahmed losing eyesight!
- I want interactions with everyone: PM
- A new milestone for Purnima
- ‘National School Meal Act-2019’ draft approves
- Magical use of Ghee for skin & hair
- ‘Mongla Port Authority Act’ draft approves
- HC seeks SP’s remarks over Minni’s confession
- T-Aman seedbed prepared on 100 acres in Gaibandha
- Man dies of dengue in Mymensingh
- Vegetable vendor dies of dengue in Khulna
- All News »
- Truck driver rescues girl from rape on moving bus
- National Mourning Day Thursday
- 7 killed as auto-rickshaw crashes into bus
- Priyanka anxious over Nick’s diabetes!
- Immortal sayings of Bangabandhu
- Jacqueline stuns in yellow during birthday trip in Sri Lanka
- Kona disclosed her marriage 3 months later!
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- Momo stares in Hindi film!
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- 60pc animal waste of Capital disposed
- Man United faces Wolverhampton tonight
- Removal of animal wastes almost completed: DSCC Mayor
- 4 of a family killed in M’singh bus-car collision
- No foreign prog broadcast without permission
- Keep environment clean to prevent dengue: President
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- Last Hajj ritual heralds Eid Al-Azha
- Two Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- Pak-India war! 8 soldiers killed on LoC
- 2 gang rape accused killed in gunfight
- 63 Bangladeshi Hajj pilgrims died in Saudi Arabia
- La Liga: Atletico Madrid faces Getafe tonight
- Flood victims to get 24,000 houses
- `Our prayer for abolition of evil power`
- BCB seek clarity from Mashrafe Mortaza about ODI future
- 8 births recorded during Hajj 2019
- Kashmir outposts divided over status change