Bangladesh hit back as Soumya, Rubel strikes
Published: 06:04 PM, 26 July 2019 Updated: 06:05 PM, 26 July 2019
Bangladesh hit back as Soumya Sarkar and Rubel Hossain struck in consecutive overs. First Soumya sent back centurion Kusal Perera (111 off 99) then Rubel Hossain strike to sent back Kusal Mendis for 43 off 49.
Kusal Perera plays it up in the air to short fine leg and it's Mustafizur Rahman, placed there for that particular shot who takes the catch. The century stands between Mendis and Perera breaks.
A short of a length outside off goes for the cut but looks like he missed it. A mild appeal for caught-behind but the umpire is unmoved. But wait, Kusal Mendis is walking! Bangladesh have pulled it back a bit here with two quick wickets 212/4.
At the end of 37th over, Sri Lanka were at 231/2. Angelo Mathews 15 and Lahiru Thirimanne 6 were in the batting.
Sri Lanka lost their second wicket to 107 as the brilliant second-wicket stand between Karunaratne and Perera ends on 97. Karunaratne looked to sweep Miraz after playing a few dots and gets the top edge which Mustafizur takes easily at short fine leg.
Shafiul Islam dealt an early blow to the hosts when he removed Avishka Fernando for seven in the first match of three-match ODI series against Sri Lanka on Friday at Colombo.
Avishka went to cut a ball outside the off-stump but just managed an edge to the slip cordon where Soumya Sarkar took the catch.
- Talks with Cameron: Suu Kyi lies over Rohingyas’ identity
- Minni’s trip to Dhaka Saturday
- Tohura star as Bangladesh draw 2-2 with Australia
- ‘Alpha’ to represent Bangladesh in Oscar
- VC Nasir’s one-day tea bill Tk 40,000!
- Fishers’ pleasure of repay dues
- Nusrat murder accused Moni gave birth in prison
- Bangladesh take on Yemen in AFC U-16 Championship tomorrow
- Milan Fashion: J-Lo struts updated jungle dress at Versace
- Dananjaya suspended for illegal action
- Simeone - `I`m not interested` in Griezmann reports
- Housewife dies of dengue in Barishal
- £6bn UK aid for Bangladesh, other climate victim countries
- KCC to get modern slaughterhouse soon
- Pea-flour to prevent dandruff-hair fall
- Huge asteroid narrowly missed Earth; NASA reveals
- Two cases filed against Firoz
- Anti-Sisi protests break out in Egypt
- Lalbagh Fort: Secret Tunnels and historical mysteries
- Millions march against climate change
- US to send troops, equipment to Saudi Arabia
- BSMRSTU closed over student unrest
- Heat wave may abate from some places
- Zuckerberg nixes Trump’s idea of breaking up Facebook
- Madrasa student goes missing at tourist spot
- Ranu had several lovers, director leaked
- PM reaches Abu Dhabi
- DU ‘Kha’ unit admission test begins
- 448 settlers stormed Al-Aqsa Mosque last week
- Tigers face Afghans this evening
- All News »
- PM to receive two more int’l awards
- RAB’s drive: Jubo League leader GK Shamim detains
- Codex Gigas: The Devil’s Bible
- 142 held over police raid in capital`s Young Men’s club casino
- RAB sealed `Golden Dhaka Bangladesh` casino
- Fire breaks out at Shwapno Super Shop in Banani
- Thimmamma Marrimanu: A 550 yr old giant banyan tree
- Juba League leader Khaled arrested
- White House: A monstrous residence
- Ancient Babylon: A city and a civilization
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test today
- Movile Cave: Mysterious dark-ranch of 5.5 m yrs old insects
- Shovon-Rabbani axed, Nahian-Lekhak made BCL’s acting president, GS
- Ex-Miss World Manushi Chhillar to crown Miss World Bangladesh
- Pygmy: The forest lovers
- 4 Pak troops killed in Afghan border
- BD youth died in Malaysia, body can’t bring as address not found
- Afif leads Tigers to winning start in Tri-series T20
- Young Tigers thrash India, target 107
- PM to receive ‘Dr Kalam Smriti Int’l Excellence Awards ‘19’
- Salman Shah’s weeklong birthday celebration
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test Friday
- Robert Mugabe: Liberator to brutal tyrant
- Mysterious dragon of Boga Lake
- Nargis Fakhri coming to Dhaka
- 7 Chinese warship patrolling Indian Ocean
- ‘Chapati Tuhin’ killed in Narayanganj gunfight
- Puja Cherry got married!
- Lukla: World`s most dangerous airport
- Srabanti in Gym, then what happen?