Bangladesh ends WC with 94-run defeat
Published: 11:16 PM, 5 July 2019 Updated: 11:16 PM, 5 July 2019
Bangladesh ended their World Cup 2019 with 94 runs defeat over Pakistan at Lord's, London today.
Chasing the target of 316 runs Bangladesh all out for 221 in 44.1 overs.
The Tigers lost their first player in the 6th over when Soumya Sarkar (22 off 22 balls) was caught by Fakhar Zaman off Mohammad Amir.
Tamim Iqbal (8 from 21) was the next to go, bowled out by Shaheen Shah Afridi in the 11th over.
Wahab Riaz then struck for Pakistan in the 18th over, bowling out Mushfiqur Rahim at 16.
Liton Das (32) followed courtesy Shaheen Shah Afridi's ball, caught out by Haris Sohail at cover. Afridi struck again to claim Shakib Al Hasan's wicket at the beginning of the 33rd over. Bangladesh lost their 4th wicket to 139.
Shaheen Shah picks up his third wicket as Shakib slashes one outside the off stump and edges it to the wicket keeper. Shakib falls after his seventh fifty in the tournament, ending on a tournament haul of 606 runs -- third highest run haul in a single edition of a World Cup only behind Tendulkar and Hayden, as Bangladesh stutter in chase of Pakistan's 315.
Mosaddek chips one to long on off Shadab Khan and Tigers, struggling with the run-rate, have now lost their sixth wicket to 197.
Mohammad Saifuddin for a first ball duck. He goes down the track and flat bats a Shaheen Shah Afridi delivery but only reacghes the hands of the fielder at mid off and Bangladesh lost their 7th wicket to 197.
A searing yorker from Shaheen Shah Afridi. It rattles the stumps of Mahmudullah Riyad (29). A hint of river swing and Riyad was undone by what is probvably the best delivery in the match so far. Afridi bags a fifer.
Bangladesh lost their 9th wikcket to 219/9. Mashrafe Bin Mortaza goes down the track to smack a Shadab Khan delivery but the bowler bowls it wide and Mashrafe misses it completeley. Sarfaraz doesnt make any mistake as he stumps Mashrafe out. That's it, that is the last of Mashrafe we will be seeing in a World Cup match.
It was another wonderful yorker from Afridi and Mustafizur is helpless trying to stab it out while backing away. A wonderful yorker seals a wonderful win for Pakistan! Completely deserved that Shaheen takes the final wicket a fantastic performance from the 19 year old.
Earlier, Pakistan have set 316/9 runs to chase down for Bangladesh in their last match of World Cup 2019 at Lord's.
After winning the toss Pakistan decided to bat first at a sunny Lord's.
Pakistan lost their first wicket in the eight over when Fakhar Zaman (13 off 31 balls) was caught by Mehidy Hasan Miraz off Mohammad Saifuddin.
Then Imamul Haque and Babar Azam added 157 runs in the 2nd wicket stand. Pakistan lost their 2nd wickets to 180/2 in 32 overs. It was yorker from Saifuddin and Babar Azam did not touch it with bat and umpire given out.
He has to depart for an absolutely magnificent 96. The Pakistan batsman had reviewed the decision potentially more in hope than belief but DRS isn't saving him.
In the previous over, Imam-ul-Haq was out hit wicket on Mustafizur Rahman's ball. He did not leave the pitch without scoring his maiden World Cup century, however, becoming the youngest Pakistani ever to make a World Cup ton (off 99 balls).
Pakistan lost their fourth player in the 43rd over when Mohammad Hafeez was caught by Shakib Al Hasan off Mehidy Hasan.
Bangladesh pace sensation Mustafizur Rahman removed Haris Sohail to complete his 100th ODIs wickets over Pakistan at Lord's today. Pakistan lost their 5th wickets to 255/5 in 43.5 over.
It was a back of a length outside off delivery from Mustafizur Rahman. Haris Sohail cuts it but gets a top edge. An easy catch was taken at deep extra cover by Soumya Sarkar.
Skipper Sarfaraz Ahmed was retired hurt at 2 not out but after Wasim's dismissal, came in to play the last ball.
Imad Wasim (43), in at number six, put up a valiant effort in bringing up the total before he was dismissed by Mustafizur Rahman at third man when two balls were remaining.
Before him, Wahab Riaz (2) and Shadab Khan (1) were dismissed within a ball of one another.
- PM to inaugurate `Gangchil` on Thursday
- Empty classrooms as some schools re-open in Kashmir
- Easy loan for idea innovators
- Peya Bipasha in new film
- Huawei gets 90 more days
- Man commits suicide after being raped in Gazipur
- Aklima`s husband & father-in-law dies
- Srijit a very good friend of mine: Mithila
- Indian foreign minister Jaishankar in Dhaka
- Dolphins goes extinct day by day
- BFF set to start world cup practice on Friday
- 5% VAT on ride-sharing companies
- Easy ways to clean the stomach
- Death toll crossed thousand in India
- BNP to complain to UN losing country`s support
- Sujon: New Star of Dhallywood!
- Eight grader raped by principal
- `Allah’r Dal` targets fired Pilkhana men
- 20 killed after fuel tanker explosion in Uganda
- Coast fishermen waiting for fish
- Chatku Ahmed losing eyesight!
- I want interactions with everyone: PM
- A new milestone for Purnima
- ‘National School Meal Act-2019’ draft approves
- Magical use of Ghee for skin & hair
- ‘Mongla Port Authority Act’ draft approves
- HC seeks SP’s remarks over Minni’s confession
- T-Aman seedbed prepared on 100 acres in Gaibandha
- Man dies of dengue in Mymensingh
- Vegetable vendor dies of dengue in Khulna
- All News »
- Truck driver rescues girl from rape on moving bus
- National Mourning Day Thursday
- 7 killed as auto-rickshaw crashes into bus
- Priyanka anxious over Nick’s diabetes!
- Immortal sayings of Bangabandhu
- Jacqueline stuns in yellow during birthday trip in Sri Lanka
- Kona disclosed her marriage 3 months later!
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- Momo stares in Hindi film!
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- 60pc animal waste of Capital disposed
- Man United faces Wolverhampton tonight
- Removal of animal wastes almost completed: DSCC Mayor
- 4 of a family killed in M’singh bus-car collision
- No foreign prog broadcast without permission
- Keep environment clean to prevent dengue: President
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- Last Hajj ritual heralds Eid Al-Azha
- Two Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- Pak-India war! 8 soldiers killed on LoC
- 2 gang rape accused killed in gunfight
- 63 Bangladeshi Hajj pilgrims died in Saudi Arabia
- La Liga: Atletico Madrid faces Getafe tonight
- Flood victims to get 24,000 houses
- `Our prayer for abolition of evil power`
- BCB seek clarity from Mashrafe Mortaza about ODI future
- 8 births recorded during Hajj 2019
- Kashmir outposts divided over status change