Bangladesh emerges as self-dignified country under Sheikh Hasina
Published: 09:35 PM, 22 February 2020
Speakers at a discussion today said Bangladesh has been able to become a self-dignified country in the world by implementing the Sonar Bangla of Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman, under the leadership of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina.
“Bangladesh is heading towards attaining economic emancipation. It has become a role model of development across the globe. Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has earned global acclamation for her leadership,” AL Advisory Council member Amir Hossain Amu said.
The senior AL leader was addressing a discussion arranged by the party marking the Shaheed Dibas and International Mother Language Day at Bangabandhu International Conference Centre (BICC).
Awami League President and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina chaired the discussion.
AL Advisory Council member Tofail Ahmed, AL presidium members Begum Matia Chowdhury, Advocate Jahangir Kabir Nanak and Abdur Rahman, AL joint general secretary and information minister Dr Hasan Mahmud, joint general secretary AFM Bahauddin Nasim, researcher and educationist Professor Haider Ali Khan, AL Women Affairs Secretary Meher Afroj Chumki, Central Working Committee member Merina Jaman Kabita, Dhaka South City AL President Abu Ahmed Mannafi and Dhaka North City AL President Sheikh Bazlur Rahman, among others, addressed the discussion.
AL Publicity and Publication Affairs Secretary Abdus Sobhan Golap and Deputy Publicity and Publication Secretary Aminul Islam Amin moderated the function.
In his speech, Tofail Ahmed said after the assassination of Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman, the autocratic rulers had wanted to erase the memories of Bangabandhu, but they could not be successful.
But today even little kids know who Bangabandhu was, he added.
The veteran AL leader said Bangabandhu had two dreams-one was achieving independence of this soil and other was earning economic emancipation of the people of this land.
Bangabandhu had liberated the country and now his daughter has been taking the country ahead to earn economic emancipation of the people, he added.
Information Minister Dr Hasan Mahmud said BNP’s politics has become centered on the health condition of convict Begum Khaleda Zia.
The party has no programs or comments about issues relating to the people, he added.
The minister said: “Khaleda cannot stand for waist pain . . . she is sick . . . this is their politics”.
With this pain, Begum Zia was two-time prime minister, two-time opposition leader, he said, adding that even she led the ‘movement’ of killing people in arson attacks in 2013 and 2014.
The information minister said Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina’s target is not only to make ‘material’ development but also to build a developed nation having merit and conscience.
He expressed his optimism that the world community will follow Bangladesh by 2041.
“The world community will no more listen to the stories of Malaysia or Singapore, rather they will listen to the story of Bangladesh’s development,” he said.
- Army getting harder from today
- RPMP Police launches home delivery service
- Coronavirus death toll surpasses 45,500
- Fake police caught demanding extortion
- Ctg woman who died in isolation ward tested negative for Covid-19
- 18 houses burnt in 20 minutes at Rohingya camp
- All courts to remain closed in 2nd phase holidays
- 4 woman killed in NY building fire
- Champions League suspended indefinitely
- Coronavirus infected woman journo shares 13 new symptoms
- Teenager dies in Bogura isolation
- Govt urges not to heed to rumors ‘If fever, police will take up’
- Helicopter`s door fallen down to house
- Masks, hand gloves increase coronavirus risks
- Housewife commits suicide in Bagerhat
- Dhaka returnee youth dies, no one went near fearing corona
- 2 die in DMCH isolation ward
- Dhaka-Ctg-Cox’s Bazar train by 2023
- 20,000 Brick-kiln workers still working in Singair
- Narsingdi house lockdown over coronavirus suspicion
- FIFA to help affected clubs
- 13-year-old dies of coronavirus in London
- Process begins to release 3000 inmates
- OC appeared at that woman’s residence
- Prince Charles recovers from coronavirus
- Belarus ordered to stop football leagues
- WB to donate $350m to Bangladesh
- Former Marseille boss Pape Diouf dies of coronavirus
- Mass gatherings in relief distribution!
- Holiday expansion notice issued
- All News »
- Coronavirus hospital to be built in Dhaka like China
- Hantavirus: All you need to know
- Japan claims to develop COVID-19 vaccine
- School holiday draws to Eid
- Corona death surging to 19000
- 54 buildings of Mohammadpur under police surveillance
- Actor Kazi Maruf, his wife infected with coronavirus
- British PM Boris Johnson infected with coronavirus
- British health secy Hancock test coronavirus positive
- Lawsuit filed against China for coronavirus outbreak
- US actor dies from coronavirus
- Alibaba donates Bangladesh 30,000 Covid-19 testing kits
- AC land Sayma Hasan withdrawn
- BD made ‘Spondon’ to save the life of critical patients
- Italy reports 683 more coronavirus deaths
- Coronavirus affected nurse kills herself ‘to protect others’
- German minister commits suicide over ‘corona crisis worries’
- 11 killed as gunmen attack Sikh religious complex in Kabul
- UN urges to ease sanctions against countries fighting COVID-19
- Coronavirus measures could cause global food shortage, UN warns
- Coronavirus death toll rises to 5 in country
- Gopalganj road crashes kill 2 motorcyclists, injure 26
- Prince Charles tests positive for Covid-19
- 15 of 48 corona patient recovered in Bangladesh; No new case
- Spain virus death toll tops 4,000
- Corona death mounts to 33,976, infected over .72m
- Malaysia’s King and Queen in quarantine
- Corona death surpasses 24000 (update list)
- Lessons for secondary level students begins on Sangsad TV
- Cat found infected with coronavirus in Belgium