SA games Football
Bangladesh beats Sri Lanka
Published: 09:04 PM, 5 December 2019
Bangladesh Men’s U-23 Football team kept their final hope alive in the 13th South Asian Games Football beating Sri Lanka Men’s U-23 Football team by 1-0 goal in their 3rd match at the Dasharath Rangasala Stadium in Kathmandu on Thursday.
Midfielder Mahbubur Rahman Sufil scored the match-winner for Bangladesh in the 11th minute by a low-range grounder from the danger zone, utilizing a short pass from forward Saad Uddin (1-0).
Bangladesh maintained their early lead against the islanders Sri Lanka displaying a good brand of football till the referee blew the final whistle.
Bangladesh will play their 4th and last league match against hosts Nepal on December 8 at 5:15 pm to decide their final berth.
The two top teams of the league basis matches will play in the final on December 10 at the same venue.
In the day’s other match, Bhutan beat Maldives by 2-1 goals at the same venue.
Earlier, Bangladesh Men’s U-23 Football started SA Games campaign with an embarrassing 0-1 goal defeat against lowly Bhutan in the opening match and played to a 1-1 draw with Maldives in the 2nd match.
Bangladesh men’s team clinched the SA Games Football crown twice -- first in the 1999 games in Kathmandu and the 2nd in the 2010 games in Dhaka.
Bangladesh: Anisur Rahman, Bishwanath Ghosh, Yeasin Khan, Tutul Hosain Badsha, Jamal Bhuiyan, Saad Uddin, Md Rabiul Hasan (Md Ibrahim- 80th), Md Al Amin (Rahmat Mia-69th), Riyadul Hasan, Sushanto Tripura, Mahbubur Rahman Sufil.
Sri Lanka: Sujan Perera, Jude Supan, Duckson Puslas, Chamod Dilshann, Naveen Jude, Joy Nithusan, Mohamed Shaheel, Sundararaj Niresh, Mohamed Fazal, Mohamed AAkib (Dilip Pieris-36th), Manaram Perera.
- Four poppy fields destroyed in Bandarban
- Sportsman of the year Ruman Sana, Cricketer Shakib
- Continuity of government made Bangladesh’s uplift visible: PM
- Jr Tigers becomes ‘C’ group champion
- Volleyball tournament in Sherpur on Mujib Year
- Trump to sign US-Mexico-Canada trade deal
- China shut down 13 cities as virus toll climbs
- Thai Exim Bank, JBIC keen to invest Bangladesh sugar mills
- Main accused of Sabujbagh child-rape case arrested
- What Mahmudullah said after losing to Pakistan
- UK welcomes ICJ ruling, asks Myanmar to comply
- ‘Dwitiyo Purush’ expected to release in Bangladesh
- ‘Occupied playground will be restored’
- Technical education to be compulsory
- Woman dies wrapping warm-clothes with auto
- ICJ’s verdict important: Nasima Begum
- `Steps will be taken to increase onion production`
- Merchant killed in Bogura, 1 arrested
- Cricket tournament in Meherpur on Mujib Year
- Elderly Body found in Sylhet
- Mimi got stuck in oil ad
- USA crackdown visas for pregnant foreigners
- 3 drug dealers fined in Mujibnagar
- Man dies fallen from petrol pump roof in Ashulia
- Bangladesh starts Pakistan tour with loss
- BNP, the worst opposition party: Quader
- 5,000 students get scholarship of Jahangir Alam Foundation
- DU to host special convocation for Bangabandhu Sep 5
- Katrina, Vicky chill together
- Anti-US demonstration protest in Iraq
- All News »
- BPL`s Man of the tournament winners
- Cox’s Bazar-St. Martin ship to be launched February
- Dhaka city elections deferred to Feb 1
- Jashore car accident kills 3 including 2 sisters
- ICJ orders Myanmar to protect Rohingya, to preserve evidence
- Actress Ishrat Nishat passes away
- Pakistan snowfall death toll rises to 104
- Ijtema ends seeking global peace, unity
- Man suicides killing 4 in Maulvibazar: Story revealed
- China virus deaths rise to 17, heightening global alarm
- Coronavirus: Everything you need to know
- MP Abdul Mannan passes away
- Two siblings among 3 electrocuted in Hazaribagh
- Khulna faces Rajshahi in BPL final today
- Gabtoli turmoil after throwing eggs
- Bride’s mother elopes with groom’s father
- Bangladesh enters e-Passport era
- Lawmaker Abdul Mannan in ICU
- Bangladesh meet Burundi in semifinal today
- Top 5 batsmen in Bangabandhu BPL
- High levels of Uranium found in Cox’s Bazar
- Ronaldo makes accidental kiss to Dybala
- World court’s four orders against Myanmar
- 5 held with marijuana in Sirajganj
- E-passport to be launched today
- DMP’s letter to EC to keep close trade fair for 2 days
- ‘Law enforcers will work under EC directives’
- E-passport is a ‘Mujib Barsho’ gift for nation: PM
- SSC-equivalent exam rescheduled
- Over 100 killed in Yemen missile, drone attack