Bangladesh beat Nepal in Bangabandhu Int’l Volleyball openers
Published: 09:00 PM, 21 April 2018
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Defending champions Bangladesh got off to a winning start in the second edition of Bangabandhu Asian Senior Men`s Central Zone International Volleyball tournament beating Nepal by 3-1 set in their tournament-opening match held on Saturday at Shaheed Suhrawardy Indoor Stadium at Mirpur.
In the six-nation tournament, Bangladesh lost the first set by 24-26 point but bounced back in the second set with a 25-18 point victory. The hosts went ahead with a 25-14 point in the third set and confirmed their triumph with 3-1 set in the last set.
The boys in red and green will play their second match against the Maldives scheduled to be held on Monday (April 23) at the same venue.
Bangladesh have been grouped in Pool A alongside Maldives and Nepal while Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan and Turkmenistan make up Group B.
The top two teams from each group will advance to the semi-finals. Both the last-four clashes will be held Wednesday.
- UN expert blames Saudi for Khasuggi Killing
- 4 charged with murder over downing of MH17
- Bangladesh made fastest growth in Asia-Pacific region
- Use your phone as a robot to avoid boring work !
- Dhaka Abahani thrash Manang Marshyangdhi 5-0
- Monkeys face climate change extinction threat
- Dubai’s Quranic Park landscape to express story of Islam!
- PCB to review cricket side, support personnel`s performance
- Upbeat Tigers take on Australia tomorrow
- SC upholds HC order on minimum age for FF
- UNO to get Pajero worth Tk 90 lakh
- Bangladesh sets global model in cutting poverty says PM in JS
- World No Tobacco Day tomorrow
- New Zealand restrict South Africa to 241
- Colorful pictures emblazon schools environment
- Govt will identify 30 lakh martyrs: PM
- Hilsa’s abundance in Padma-Meghna
- Quader asks to form new committees before national council
- 108th birth anniversary of poet Sufia Kamal tomorrow
- India opener Dhawan out of World Cup
- Govt to introduce health insurance for all: PM
- Jubo League leader stabbed dead in Madaripur
- Dr Nurun Nahar made IU law dept chairperson
- Navy Chief returns home
- Selima,Tuku in BNP’s standing committee
- ‘BD hosting 1.2 mn Rohingyas refugees from Myanmar’
- Passengers suffer at Jamalpur station to collect tickets
- Bangladesh sought Saudi diplomats help for Rohingyas back
- Payra power plant protest leads to Chinese worker’s death
- Ayub Bachchu Chottor being built with Rupali Guitar
- All News »
- Apurba’s younger brother commits suicide
- Akash of N’ganj made Lamborghini!
- Uber driver’s slit-throat body found in Uttara
- Shakib, Liton star as Tigers beat Windies
- Ex-Sonagazi OC Moazzem held
- Australia beat Pakistan by 41 runs
- Mila’s assistant threw acid at Sanjari’s private parts!
- Ramp up pressure on Myanmar
- Oil tanker collision in Chattogram port, closes vessels movement
- PM orders for professional skill based promotion of army men
- 53 children die in India from brain disease linked to lychee
- 8 children injured as ceiling of hospital caves in
- Finance Minister starts unveiling budget
- Myanmar buying weapons despite int’l arms embargoes
- BGB man killed by lightning strike
- England wins beating Windies
- ‘Lack of harvesting laborers results of employment opportunities’
- College girl torched in Narsingdi, 1 held
- 2 students killed in Pabna road crash
- Tigers won toss, bowl first
- Cigarette, bidi prices go up in Budget FY20
- Tk 5,23,190cr budget for FY20 unveils in Parliament
- ‘Rohingya crisis may destabilise Asia if not resolved’
- Bangladesh informs UN about Myanmar’s non-cooperation
- Facing measles outbreaks, NY bans religious vaccination exemption
- Gayle falls for duck!
- Most-detailed-ever; black hole mystery disclosure
- Caribbeans set 322-run target for Tigers
- England beat Afghanistan by 150 runs
- Cop sues wife on charge of torture for dowry