Bangladesh-Japan to sign $2.5 bl ODA
During PM’s Tokyo visit
Published: 08:34 PM, 26 May 2019
Bangladesh is expected to ink with Japan a major deal worth US$2.5 billion for five mega projects during Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina’s upcoming Tokyo visit at the beginning of her 12-day tri-nation tour from May 28, foreign minister Dr AK Abdul Momen said today.
“During Prime Minister’s visit in Japan, the 40 th ODA (Official Development Assistance) worth US 2.5 billion will be signed between the two countries,” Momen told a media briefing ahead of the premier’s tri-nation tour which would take her to Saudi Arabia and Finland as well.
He said the amount was 35 percent higher than that of the last year’s ODA.
The minister said the five projects to be implemented with the Japanese ODA are: Matarbari port development; Dhaka mass rapid transit development; foreign direct investment promotion; energy efficiency and conservation promotion financing; and Matarbari ultra super critical coal-fired power.
“Relations between Bangladesh and Japan have already been upgraded to comprehensive partnership stage and Tokyo is increasing its assistance gradually in communications, power and energy and industrialization process of Bangladesh,” he said.
Momen said the Rohingya crisis was likely to largely feature the premier’s tri-nation tour.
- Mithun, Mushfiqur star as Bangladesh win warm-up
- Quader orders to repair flood-hit roads before Eid
- Blackout forced 4m Venezuelan to leave country
- Renu`s brother heartbreaking status
- Boris Johnson to be next UK PM
- Chairmanship odds in JP: Rowshan`s ambiguous state
- Bribery scam: Ex-ACC Director Basir sent to jail
- New research unveils real cause of heart attack
- Four killed in Narayanganj’s 4 Upazilas
- ‘Stern action if killing people over child lifting rumor’
- 5828 multimedia classrooms installed in Rajshahi
- Sergeant Kibria’s father files writ seeking compensation
- Minni’s bail hearing Jul 30
- Three father of a newborn baby!
- Shokh to play Minni’s role in Eid
- Habits that extremely harmful for liver
- Rain likely to increase, temperature may fall
- Advance train tickets to be sold at 5 spots
- Fire breaks out at CMCH Psychiatry department
- 25 schoolgirls fall sick from laughing too much
- ‘Lion King’ roars as surpassing ‘Avengers’ record
- Ronaldo will not face rape charges
- Critical security flaw found in VLC Player
- Two robbers killed in Sundarbans gunfight
- Large-scale government data hacks in Russia, Bulgaria
- Mehazabien with new story
- Shinzo Abe wins Japan’s upper house poll
- National Public Service Day-2019 today
- Renu lynched in Badda: 2 more held
- Drug peddler killed in Meherpur gunfight
- All News »
- Priya’s allegation is not correct: US Ambassador
- Child’s head in bag, youth lynched in Netrokona
- ‘Lady Killer’ Tisha to fight against formalin in food
- Priya falsify to Trump about Bangladesh
- Woman lynched over child-lifting rumour: 500 sued
- HSC exam results tomorrow
- Rifat murder: Minni at Police Line for questioning
- Renu lynched in Badda, 3 held
- Police want 10-day remand of Minni
- Rifat killing mastermind Minni; says police
- 8 boards attain 71.85 pc pass rate
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- None took ‘liability of denying legal support’ to Minni
- Edu Minister`s husband Toufiq Nawaz severely ill
- Bangladesh to play warm-up match today
- How to get HSC result
- Minni sent to jail
- HSC pass rate increases 7.9 pc
- Court dismisses Minni’s two petitions
- Put Myanmar for Rohingya return; FM urges US
- PM to inaugurate ‘Benapole Express’ Wednesday
- Country’s 7th mobile assembling plant to be launched with FDI
- Ershad’s namaz-e-janaza held in Rangpur
- Minni on 5-day remand
- Ershad’s body in Rangpur
- Man accused in 14 cases killed in gunfight
- Google shuts down AdSense on Android, iOS for web
- Humanity for animal !
- Another hit of Gully Boy!
- DIG Mizan shown arrested in bribery case