Bangladesh HP beats Sri Lanka
Published: 07:20 PM, 21 August 2019
Bangladesh High Performance (HP) team beat Sri Lankan HP by 2 wickets to level the series 1-1. Half-centuries from Yasir Ali and Nazmul Hossain Shanto helped Bangladesh HP team to win the second one-day at BKSP on Wednesday.
By virtue of the victory, Bangladesh making the third and last match a series-deciding one. The third match is on August 24 at Sheikh Abu Naser Stadium in Khulna.
The hosts suffered a humiliating 186-run defeat to Sri Lanka in the first match.
Before the start of the second match, both teams observed one-minute silence in remembrance of the victims of August 21, 2004 grenade attack.
Electing to bat first, the visitors were bowled out for 273 in 49.4 overs with Kamindu Mendis making the highest 65.
Opener Padhun Nissanka made 55 off 57, hitting eight fours. Jehan Daniel later paced the innings with 41 ball-43 runs.
Pace bowler Shafiqul Islam who earned a maiden call up recently in the national team conditioning camp claimed 3-51 for Bangladesh HP team. Nayeem Hasan scalped 2-35.
Yasir Ali blasted 85 off 93 with three fours and five sixes while Shanto made 77 off 88, clattering nine fours and one six as the hosts raced to the winning mark making 274-8 in 49.3 overs. Opener Saif Hassan made 27.
Shiran Fernando and Jehan Daniel bagged two wickets apiece for Sri Lanka HP team.
- ‘Pak PM expressed concern over possible nuclear war with India
- Annie Silverstein’s ‘Bull’ wins top prize at Deauville
- Tigers lost to Afghans again!
- Rohingyas demand citizenship to return home
- Pak singer Robi jailed over comment ‘Narendra Modi must go to hell’
- Rule enacted for officials’ presence in PM’s state tours
- Thimmamma Marrimanu: A 550 yr old giant banyan tree
- White House: A monstrous residence
- PM to receive ‘Dr Kalam Smriti Int’l Excellence Awards ‘19’
- Hasina-Modi talks in Delhi Oct 5
- Tigers again in Afghan trouble
- Govt targets $50 bn in textile export
- Viqarunnisa gets new principal
- FM wants to keep trust in India
- Tigers lose 4 early targeting 165
- Plus-size beauty activist, Youtuber Nabela Noor in Dhaka
- Shinning days back in-house cow farm
- Injection to increase fairness!
- Airstrike kills 52 Taliban in Afghanistan
- Tips to have long-dense beard
- Saifuddin-Shakib turned 4 Afghans
- Joy-Lekhak pledge restore BCL status
- Time limit for Ins companies declared again
- Benefits of reciting Holy Qur’an
- Rituparna in Dhaka to make ‘Jam’!
- Police must try to gain trust of masses: PM
- DMP boss’ utmost importance on service for mass people
- 3 motorcyclists killed in Cumilla road crash
- HC directs hiring drivers on monthly salary basis
- Power outage at secretariat
- All News »
- Paris court finds Saudi princess guilty
- Mahi’s 33 and Tisha’s 22
- Sundarbans; a serene beauty
- `No alternative to capacity building to tackle cyber attack`
- With one suicide every 40 seconds, WHO urges action
- ADB country director praises PM’s planned development initiatives
- Germany criticizes Netanyahu’s annexation plan
- Blanche Monnier spent 25 yrs locked up just for love
- Ancient Greek: Origin of Culture and Civilization
- Kristen Stewart reacts to Robert Pattinson’s Batman casting
- Putin warned before 9/11 Twin-Tower attack
- 18 yrs of 9/11, worst terrorist attack in history
- Pakistan’s first female astronaut welcomed ISRO
- Bengal Commercial Bank launching soon
- Importance of ‘Fasting on Ashura’
- Self-made billionaire Jack Ma, who was rejected from 30 jobs
- Myths and controversies of Taj Mahal
- 5yrs without Firoza Begum
- U-19 Asia Cup final: Bangladesh vs India Saturday
- Saudi reduces Hajj-Umrah visa fee
- Gazipur hotel blast, probe committee formed
- Ancient Babylon: A city and a civilization
- ‘BNP’s many leaders are hired’
- Nan Madol: Ghost City on sea
- Man accused in 6 cases killed in M’singh gunfight
- Mishu new face in Tigers` T20 squad
- Rastafari, a religion that developed against “Whites”
- Shakib prized Afghanistan
- Bribe-taking sub-registrar to be suspended
- Shovon-Rabbani axed, Nahian-Lekhak made BCL’s acting president, GS