Bangla Tigers suffer six-wicket defeat against Deccan Gladiators
Published: 10:46 PM, 16 November 2019
Bangla Tigers, a Bangladeshi-owned franchise team, conceded six-wicket defeat in the maiden 8-team Abu Dhabi T10 League losing to Deccan Gladiators by six wickets in the 2nd last-ball thriller at the Zayed Cricket Stadium on Saturday.
Sent into bat first, Bangla Tigers scored 108 runs for 5 in stipulated 10 overs with South African Colin Ingram contributing 37 runs off 21 balls, hitting fours sixes
Besides, Rilee Roussow scored 26 runs off 12 balls featuring two fours and two sixes, Thomas J Moores scored 11-ball 15 with one four one six while Roby Frylick made not out 12 runs off seven balls, hitting two boundaries.
M Pretorius grabbed three wickets for 10 runs while MS Crame and Fawad Ahmed took one wicket each conceding 15 and 24 runs respectively.
In reply, Deccan Gladiators scored the match-winner 109 runs for the loss of four wickets in 9.5 overs.
Australian celebrated batsman Shane Watson scored the match-highest 41 runs off 25 balls with three hits to fence and three over the fence and was adjudged the man of the match.
Besides, AP Devcich (27), DW Lawrence (15), PBB Rajapaksa (12) were the other main contributors for Deccan Gladiators.
D Wiese took two wickets for 15 runs while LE Plunkett and Qais Ahmed took one wicket each.
Earlier, Bangla Tigers have been drawn into the tournament’s Group A with Deccan Gladiators, Delhi Bulls and Karnataka Tuskers in what will be a tightly contested group.
Bangla Tigers team : Colin Ingram, Rilee Roussow, Roby Frylick, Andre Fletcher, Qais Ahmad, Liam Plunkett, Thomas James Moores, David Wiese, Chirag Suri, Abdul Hashem, Kevin Koththigoda, Shehan Jayasuriya, Prabath Jayasuriya and Farhad Reza.
- UK Election: Johnson ahead of the booth return survey
- BPL: Rajshahi, Sylhet, Dhaka, Cumilla to play today
- Myanmar fails to provide evidence to defend genocide charge
- ‘Myanmar’s Rohingya repatriation promise a fraudulent act’
- Khulna Tigers earn stunning win over Challengers
- Citizenship Bill: Cops open fire in Assam, 3 dead
- Kathbirali gets censor certificate
- Painting contest to mark Bhasani’s birth anniversary
- Indian entrepreneurs urged to invest in Bangladesh
- Britain votes in ‘Brexit election’
- BB new Executive Director Kazi Enayet Hossain
- 1 killed in Munshiganj wall collapse
- Twitter backs overhaul of social media to stem disinformation
- 2 killed in Rajshahi road crash
- Mashrafe focuses on next game
- 1 dies as workers continue hunger strike
- ‘Corruption in education sector will be eliminated’
- ‘No event under open sky on 31st night’
- Wheelchair cricketers eyeing to win title
- PM asks public servants to stay alert about graft, bribery
- Khulna to field against Chattogram
- DC’s gift to freedom fighters door
- Recruitment test of BB Officer General Dec 27
- Rajshahi secures comfortable victory against Dhaka
- 13 arrested over Rooppur pillow scam
- Kumar Bishwajit’s mother passes away
- Foreign Minister’s India visit postponed
- Lawsuits against 135 including Fakhrul-Rizvi
- ASEAN disappointed over Myanmar’s genocide defending speech
- Cough remedy by natural syrup
- All News »
- Salman-Katrina arrive Dhaka
- Bangladeshi student secures top position in Bar at law
- Tahsan marry to Shaon!
- Srijit-Mithila’s wedding today
- Three TV channels to broadcast BPL opening ceremony live
- Mithila’s name changed after wedding
- Salman-Katrina to inebriate BPL stage
- Srijit-Mithila’s honeymoon picture goes viral
- Mithila tie knot with Srijit
- Rumpa’s ‘boyfriend’ Saikat on 4-day remand
- 4 killed in Florida police shootout over armed robbery
- Miss South Africa crowns Miss Universe 2019
- Rights groups call for Myanmar boycott
- Salman pays tributes to Bangabandhu
- Mithila-Srijit’s honeymoon to Switzerland
- North Korea conducts ‘very important test’
- 3 of same family incl couple killed in Tangail road crash
- Just 3 days ‘Tui Ki Amar Hobi Re’ crossed 1 million
- Pele’s last Brazil jersey sells for 30,000 euros in Italy
- US tightens sanctions on Myanmar army chief
- Polio returns to haunt Malaysia after 27 yrs
- Holy Fateha-e-Yazdaham today
- Chile military plane disappears with 38 aboard
- Myanmar army chief’s Facebook account suspended
- `Miss Pakistan` killed in a car crash
- Chattogram Challengers unveiled Jersey
- Grand opening ceremony of BPL today
- 500-yr-old eggs found unbroken in Chinese tomb
- Padma Bridge 2.7-km visible now
- Three of a family found dead in Barishal