‘Bangabandhu Gold Cup 2020’ to be held at BNS
Published: 09:21 PM, 29 December 2019
Photo: Daily Bangladesh
Bangabandhu Gold Cup International Football Tournament 2020 is scheduled to be held from January 15 to 25 at Bangabandhu National Stadium. Centering the tournament, Bangladesh Football Federation signed a deal with K-sport, a leading sports marketing company of the country on Sunday.
The contract signing ceremony was held at the BFF House in Motijheel.
Six countries including Kyrgyzstan, Mongolia, Laos, Sri Lanka, Cambodia and hosts Bangladesh are expected to take part in the meet. The draw will be held on January 4.
The BFF also planned to bring one or two former world cup stars for the upcoming meet. Among them, Brazilian versatile star Ronaldinho, Italian defender Paolo Maldini, Netherlands forward Ruud Gullit and forward Marco Basten and Ivory Coast forward Didier Drogba are in the priority list.
Meanwhile, BFF and K-Sports earlier jointly organized Bangamata U-19 Women’s International Gold Cup in April this year.
Six countries including Laos, Mongolia, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, United Arab Emirates and hosts Bangladesh took part in the meet named after Sheikh Fazilatunnesa Mujib.
BFF President Kazi Md Salahuddin, Senior Vice-President Abdus Salam Murshedy, Vice-Presidents Mohiuddin Ahmed Mohi, BFF Women’s Wing Chief Mahfuza Akter Kiron and CEO of K-sports Fahad Karim were present on the occasion.
- Father shots lightning bird, son takes responsibility to cure
- AL leader shot dead in Bandarban
- 2 drug traders held in Dinajpur
- Teenager electrocuted in Chakaria
- Top terrorist Zisan’s close aide Shakil held
- Worshiping Trump’s idol!
- FBCCI favor trade with China continues
- Naeem credits Taijul for his success
- ‘Very enthusiastic people aggravating coronavirus’
- Harsh condition of healthcare in Sarankhola
- Elderly man killed in Noakhali road accident
- Cristiano Ronaldo set to make 1,000th
- Shakib Khan’s new actress Salwa!
- Elderly man killed in tractor-nachimon collision
- Nirbhaya case convicts to be hanged on March 3
- Bangladesh emerges as self-dignified country under Sheikh Hasina
- Road reformed with kerosene spray!
- Daulatdia brothel gets namaz-e-janaza for third time
- Sammy to receive honorary citizenship of Pakistan
- Schoolgirl takes poison for lover’s weeding
- Sri Lanka win by 1 wicket in vacillate 1st ODI
- Ryanair boss criticized for Muslim profiling comments
- Maulana Mehmood Madani to visit Dhaka
- Sufi Mizan: A hawker for social service
- Bangabandhu Book Corner for all primary schools
- Pension within 3-day of bill submission
- Man detained with large number yaba
- 9 hospitalized for drinking tea in Manikganj
- Govt decides to declare 2021 as Tourism Year
- Myanmar army plans trials for abuses on Rohingyas
- All News »
- 8 of a family burnt in N’ganj gas burner explosion
- Excellent puzzled day after 808 yrs
- Korea to provide scanners to diagnose coronavirus to Bangladesh
- Good news to honey farmers
- Actor Tapas Paul passes away
- 25-km tailback on Bangabandhu Bridge as toll plaza closed
- 1st coach of Metro rail arrived
- Coronavirus: Death toll rises to 1666
- Coronavirus: 10,844 discharged from hospital
- Srijit’s anger over Tahsan
- Father of cut-copy-paste dies
- Amar Ekushey and International Mother Language Day today
- Bangladesh wants Qatar`s support for Rohingya repatriation
- ‘Returnee from China-Singapore doesn’t mean coronavirus infected’
- CUET student Tahmid dies
- Kidney Specialist without certificate!
- 19 case accused killed in two groups’ gunfight
- Coronavirus infected more than 67,000 globally
- Death toll in China surges past 1,500
- Technical students to get more financial assistance: PM
- Ivanka Trump wears hijab for mosque visit
- Man City, Man United, Inter Milan to play today
- Coronavirus death toll crosses 2000
- Wuhan hospital chief dies of coronavirus
- Another Bangladeshi infected with coronavirus in Singapore
- BUET avoids combined admission test
- Mother with dead daughter in VR show
- 14 children among 22 killed in Cameroon massacre
- Padma Bridge’s 25th span to be installed on Language Day
- Dhaka-10 by-polls; Those who are in talks