Bangabandhu BPL players draft this evening
Published: 04:52 PM, 17 November 2019
The players' draft of the 7th BPL named after as 'Bangabandhu BPL' will be held at the Radisson Blue Water Garden Hotel in the capital at 6 pm. The seven teams participating in the tournament will team up with their favorite players.
The names of the teams participating in the Exceptional BPL have been changed also. Such as the Jamuna Bank Dhaka Platoon, Premier Bank Khulna Tigers, Rajshahi Royals, Rangpur Rangers, Sylhet Thunder, Cumilla Warriors and Chattagram Challengers.
Players draft will be held with 181 domestic and 439 foreign cricketers. Domestic cricketers have been divided into 6 categories in where the players in the 'A-Plus' category will get a maximum Tk for about 50 lakhs. Mashrafe Bin Mortaza, Tamim Iqbal, Mushfiqur Rahim and Mahmudullah Riyad are in this category.
This is the first time; BPL is going to be held without Shakib Al Hasan who likely to be at this category if he did not be forbidden.
The players in the 'A' category will get 25 lakh Tk in where Mosaddek Hossain, Mustafizur Rahman, Liton Das, Soumya Sarkar, Imrul Kayes, Mohammad Mithun, Mehedi Hasan Miraz, Taijul Islam and Mominul Haque are enlisted in that category.
The players in the 'B' category will get 18 lakhs in where 24 cricketers are kept. Notable cricketers on the list are Sabbir Rahman, Afif Hossain, Anamul Haque, Rubel Hossain, Nurul Hasan.
The money for the players in the 'C' category has been fixed at Tk 12 lakhs in which the 41 players are kept. Nayeem Sheikh, a young talent, is on the list. Former Bangladesh team captain Mohammad Ashraful, former Bangladesh star Shahriar Nafees are in this category.
The players in the 'D' category will get 8 lakhs and the players in the 'E' category will get 5 lakhs. A total 59 and 44 cricketers have been on this list of ‘D’ and ‘E’ category respectively.
Five categories have been made for foreign cricketers. The price of 11 cricketers in the highest category 'A-Plus' has been estimated at $ 1 lakh. The list includes Shahid Afridi, Mohammad Nabi, Shoaib Malik, Rilee Rossouw, Gayle and Dwayne Smith. Cricketers of the 'A' category have been priced at $ 70,000. In addition, the B-Class cricketers have been set at $ 50,000, the C-Class Cricketer's $ 30,000 and the 'D' Category Cricketers $ 20,000.
England is the highest number of foreign cricketers’ country on the list with 95 cricketers. The second-highest number of cricketers is from Pakistan to about 89 cricketers where three cricketers have been selected from India.
- 6 dead in protests against Indian citizenship law
- 24 killed in DR Congo gold mine collapse
- Abid first to score Test and ODI hundreds on debut
- Bubly’s ‘Casino’ Challenge
- Foreign Friends of 1971
- Katabon Market catches fire
- Young found dead in Faridpur
- Tk 200 note to hit market soon
- Gazipur fan factory fire kills 10
- Govt working to make armed forces more modern: PM
- Hasan urges foreign journos to project Bangladesh dev
- Saifuddin desperate to make a comeback
- China`s state TV pulls live Arsenal game
- Road crash kills woman in Capital
- UCBL- Sylhet Range Police sign agreement
- Pepper-water mixture relieves throat sore in two minute
- Road accidents kill 2 in Mohanpur
- Why Mushfiqur included IPL auction?
- HC rules against illegal rail crossings
- We have good bilateral relations with India: Quader
- IUTA election in Islamic University
- Preparation afoot to observe victory day in Khulna tomorrow
- DMP detained 75 in anti-narcotic drive
- 6.8 magnitude earthquake in Philippines
- Buy 1 Saree get 1 kg onion free!
- JU adorned with Victory joy
- Motorcyclist killed in Rajshahi
- NZ volcano: Death toll rises to 16 with two still missing
- National Memorial prepared for Victory Day
- Shabnur returns!
- All News »
- Bangladeshi student secures top position in Bar at law
- Salman-Katrina arrive Dhaka
- Tahsan marry to Shaon!
- Andrew Kishore dies; what the next
- Salman-Katrina to inebriate BPL stage
- Myanmar state counselor titles ‘Rohingya genocide’ as minor issue
- Srijit-Mithila’s honeymoon picture goes viral
- Miss South Africa crowns Miss Universe 2019
- Rumpa’s ‘boyfriend’ Saikat on 4-day remand
- Rohingyas’ acute detest on Myanmar
- Ethiopian PM Abiy Ahmed receives Nobel Peace Prize
- Myanmar admits the army used excessive force on Rohingya
- Rights groups call for Myanmar boycott
- Salman pays tributes to Bangabandhu
- Musician, vocalist Prithwi Raj passes away
- ‘Brutal massacre of Myanmar against Rohingya should be stopped’
- ‘Myanmar’s Rohingya repatriation promise a fraudulent act’
- At top court, Myanmar urged to `stop genocide of own people`
- Polio returns to haunt Malaysia after 27 yrs
- 500-yr-old eggs found unbroken in Chinese tomb
- US tightens sanctions on Myanmar army chief
- Just 3 days ‘Tui Ki Amar Hobi Re’ crossed 1 million
- Chattogram Challengers unveiled Jersey
- Myanmar army chief’s Facebook account suspended
- North Korea conducts ‘very important test’
- Padma Bridge 2.7-km visible now
- Myanmar fails to provide evidence to defend genocide charge
- Holy Fateha-e-Yazdaham today
- Roxette singer Marie Fredriksson dies, aged 61
- Cardi B returns to court over strip club brawl allegations