Bangabandhu BPL players draft starts
Published: 07:05 PM, 17 November 2019
The draft of the seventh edition of the Bangladesh Premier League 'Bangabandhu BPL' has begun at the Radisson Blue Water Garden Hotel in the capital. Although the draft is scheduled to start at 6pm, the players' draft has begun around 6.30 pm. The seven teams participating in the tournament will team up with their favorite players.
The names of the teams participating in the Exceptional BPL have been changed also. Such as the Jamuna Bank Dhaka Platoon, Premier Bank Khulna Tigers, Rajshahi Royals, Rangpur Rangers, Sylhet Thunder, Cumilla Warriors and Chattagram Challengers.
A total of 181 domestic and 439 foreign cricketers have been drafted. Domestic cricketers have been divided into 6 categories in where the players in the 'A-Plus' category will get a maximum tk for about 50 lakhs.
Mashrafe Bin Mortaza, Tamim Iqbal, Mushfiqur Rahim, and Mahmudullah Riyad are in this category. This is the first time, BPL is going to be held without Shakib Al Hasan who likely to be at this category if he not be forbidden.
The players in the 'A' category will get 25 lakhs tk in where Mosaddek Hossain, Mustafizur Rahman, Liton Das, Soumya Sarkar, Imrul Kayes, Mohammad Mithun, Mehedi Hasan Miraz, Taijul Islam and Mominul Haque are enlisted in that category.
The players in the 'B' category will get 18 lakhs in where 24 cricketers are kept in this category. Notable cricketers on the list are Sabbir Rahman, Afif Hossain, Anamul Haque, Rubel Hossain, Nurul Hasan.
The money for the players in the 'C' category has been fixed at tk 12 lakhs in which the 41 players are kept. Nayeem Sheikh, a young talent, is on the list. Former Bangladesh team captain Mohammad Ashraful, former Bangladesh star Shahriar Nafees are in this category.
The players in the 'D' category will get 8 lakhs and the players in the 'E' category will get 5 lakhs. 59 and 44 cricketers have been on this list of ‘D’ and ‘E’ category.
Five categories have been made for foreign cricketers. The price of 11 cricketers in the highest category 'A Plus' has been estimated at $ 1 lakh. The list includes Shahid Afridi, Mohammad Nabi, Shoaib Malik, Rilee Rossouw, Gayle and Dwayne Smith. Cricketers of the 'A' category have been priced at $ 70,000. In addition, the B-Class cricketers have been set at $ 50,000, the C-Class Cricketer's $ 30,000 and the 'D' Category Cricketers $ 20,000.
The highest number of foreign cricketers’ are from England on the list with 95 cricketers. The second-highest number of cricketers is from Pakistan to about 89 cricketers where three cricketers have been selected from India.
- Merkel visits Auschwitz for first time
- No change in post of AL president in next council: Quader
- Mithila-Srijit’s honeymoon to Switzerland
- Rebels kill 17 in eastern Congo
- Shakhawat, Rokeya win silver in SAG weightlifting
- Mithila tie knot with Srijit
- Myanmar Navy handed over 17 Bangladeshi fishermen
- Saudi Aramco raises $25.6 billion in biggest-ever IPO
- Cosmos Dialogue on Bangladesh-Canada trade tomorrow
- Gas supply to stay shut in Farmgate, Shukrabad tomorrow
- Radish’s ‘Jafrani kabab’
- Minister laid Press Club building foundation stone in Kaliakair
- ‘No one will be exempted involving corruption’
- Bogura Zilla Awami League council tomorrow
- BNP’s behaviour in court unpardonable: Quader
- RAB detained 3 members of snatcher cycle
- Bangladeshi archers shine on opening day
- Modi, Pranab, Sonia to join Bangabandhu`s birth centenary
- Agriculture Minister inaugurates ‘Krisoker Bazar’
- Three TV channels to broadcast BPL opening ceremony live
- Pancake without eggs!
- Language movement-liberation war’s colorful paintings on wall
- Child body recover from pond
- Giant ‘Tiger Shark’ caught in Chattogram
- ACC detained 2 civil aviation officials
- Pele’s last Brazil jersey sells for 30,000 euros in Italy
- 23 kidnapped from Mexican rehab clinic
- Bangladesh to honour 380 Indian soldiers: FM
- New South Wales bushfires condition worsen
- Hemayet 5th World Carrom rankings
- All News »
- ‘Bangla’ recognized as 2nd official language in London
- Mohammed Rezwan, floating school innovator named as ‘Earth Hero’
- Physician couple in Dr Baker’s place, serving poor people
- VP Nur’s phone talks leaked
- ‘No Dorai’ released at 8 halls
- Srijit-Mithila’s wedding today
- Get about newly elected Metropolitan AL leaders
- Trump makes surprise visit to Afghanistan
- 2 Jabale Nur drivers among 3 get life-term
- PM opens AL’s Dhaka City units council
- Messi bags Ballon d’Or for record sixth time
- 7 dead in small plane crash in Canada
- Adequate vegetables in market, onion prices still not fall
- ‘Bangabandhu Express’ to run from victory day
- Shaon in bridal dress!
- BD scientist photo likely in UK currency soon
- UN chief says humanity’s ‘war against nature’ must stop
- Video app TikTok unblocks teen who posted on China`s Muslims
- Sunny Leone’s ‘Hello G’
- Siam’s new look in ‘Ittefaq’
- Bridge attacker jailed for terror crimes: UK police
- Truck loaded with 40-ton onion missing
- PM flies to Spain on Sunday to join COP25
- ‘Daughter in admissions scandal’ Olivia returns to YouTube
- Kushtia double murder case: 4 to die, 7 get life term
- ‘Hotath Bristi’ actress June Malia gets married
- COP25 island nation in `fight to death`
- Shakib elected Player of the Year even after ban
- Euro-2020: Match schedule
- Flower blooms with Azan