Banani rape case: Hearing adjourned till June 25
Published: 03:45 PM, 28 May 2019
A Dhaka court on Tuesday adjourned till June 25 the hearing of a case lodged over allegedly raping of two private university students in Hotel The Raintree Dhaka at capital’s Banani area in 2017.
Today was set for cross-examination of one of the victims. But the girl couldn’t appear before the court due to illness, prompting the prosecution to file a time plea.
Dhaka 7th women and children repression prevention tribunal judge Khadem Ul Kayes then adjourned the hearing, allowing the time plea.
Police produced prime accused Safat Ahmed and Naim Ashraf before the court from jail, while Safat’s friend Sadman Sakif, bodyguard Rahmat Ali and driver Billal Hossain, who are on bail, also appeared before the court for the hearing.
Safat, son of Apan Jewelers owner Dildar Ahmed, and his friends raped the two girls on March 28, 2017, bringing them to that hotel for joining a birthday party. A victim filed the case on May 6, 2017, with Banani Police Station.
Police filed charge sheet on June 8, 2017, against five including Safat in the case, and a court on July 13, 2017, framed charges against the accused.
- Mithun, Mushfiqur star as Bangladesh win warm-up
- Quader orders to repair flood-hit roads before Eid
- Blackout forced 4m Venezuelan to leave country
- Renu`s brother heartbreaking status
- Boris Johnson to be next UK PM
- Chairmanship odds in JP: Rowshan`s ambiguous state
- Bribery scam: Ex-ACC Director Basir sent to jail
- New research unveils real cause of heart attack
- Four killed in Narayanganj’s 4 Upazilas
- ‘Stern action if killing people over child lifting rumor’
- 5828 multimedia classrooms installed in Rajshahi
- Sergeant Kibria’s father files writ seeking compensation
- Minni’s bail hearing Jul 30
- Three father of a newborn baby!
- Shokh to play Minni’s role in Eid
- Habits that extremely harmful for liver
- Rain likely to increase, temperature may fall
- Advance train tickets to be sold at 5 spots
- Fire breaks out at CMCH Psychiatry department
- 25 schoolgirls fall sick from laughing too much
- ‘Lion King’ roars as surpassing ‘Avengers’ record
- Ronaldo will not face rape charges
- Critical security flaw found in VLC Player
- Two robbers killed in Sundarbans gunfight
- Large-scale government data hacks in Russia, Bulgaria
- Mehazabien with new story
- Shinzo Abe wins Japan’s upper house poll
- National Public Service Day-2019 today
- Renu lynched in Badda: 2 more held
- Drug peddler killed in Meherpur gunfight
- All News »
- Priya’s allegation is not correct: US Ambassador
- Child’s head in bag, youth lynched in Netrokona
- ‘Lady Killer’ Tisha to fight against formalin in food
- Priya falsify to Trump about Bangladesh
- Woman lynched over child-lifting rumour: 500 sued
- HSC exam results tomorrow
- Rifat murder: Minni at Police Line for questioning
- Renu lynched in Badda, 3 held
- Police want 10-day remand of Minni
- Rifat killing mastermind Minni; says police
- 8 boards attain 71.85 pc pass rate
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- None took ‘liability of denying legal support’ to Minni
- Edu Minister`s husband Toufiq Nawaz severely ill
- Bangladesh to play warm-up match today
- How to get HSC result
- Minni sent to jail
- HSC pass rate increases 7.9 pc
- Court dismisses Minni’s two petitions
- Put Myanmar for Rohingya return; FM urges US
- PM to inaugurate ‘Benapole Express’ Wednesday
- Country’s 7th mobile assembling plant to be launched with FDI
- Ershad’s namaz-e-janaza held in Rangpur
- Minni on 5-day remand
- Ershad’s body in Rangpur
- Man accused in 14 cases killed in gunfight
- Google shuts down AdSense on Android, iOS for web
- Humanity for animal !
- Another hit of Gully Boy!
- DIG Mizan shown arrested in bribery case