Ban on motorcycles movement from tonight
Published: 03:45 PM, 26 February 2019
The Election has imposed a ban on movement of motorcycles in the areas under Dhaka North City Corporation (DNCC) from Tuesday night for DNCC by-polls, scheduled to be held on February 28.
The restrictions will come into effect from Tuesday midnight (12:00 am) to Friday midnight (12:00 am), said a letter signed by EC Deputy Secretary Atiur Rahman.
Along with DNCC, the restriction will also put into effect at Amtoli Municipality of Barguna district and Kaliganj Municipality of Jhenaidha district where by-polls to mayoral posts of the two municipalities will also be held at the same time, said the letter.
The by-polls to DNCC and the two municipalities will be held on February 28, beginning at 8:00 am which will continue to 4:00 pm without any break.
Apart from this, the authorities concerned also banned the plying of all motor vehicles in the areas from February 27 midnight to February 28 midnight.
The ban will be applicable on motor-run three-wheelers, auto-rickshaws, bike, taxi cab, microbus, jeep, pickup, car, bus, truck, tempo, and easy bike and locally made different types of vehicles driven by motor.
- Security around Supreme Court beefed up
- Coronavirus scary: Samsung`s factory closed
- Today’s sports on TV
- Bus kills 9 months’ kid with mum
- Coronavirus: 2363 died, nearly 78 thousand infected
- Father shots lightning bird, son takes responsibility to cure
- AL leader shot dead in Bandarban
- 2 drug traders held in Dinajpur
- Teenager electrocuted in Chakaria
- Top terrorist Zisan’s close aide Shakil held
- Worshiping Trump’s idol!
- FBCCI favor trade with China continues
- Naeem credits Taijul for his success
- ‘Very enthusiastic people aggravating coronavirus’
- Harsh condition of healthcare in Sarankhola
- Elderly man killed in Noakhali road accident
- Cristiano Ronaldo set to make 1,000th
- Shakib Khan’s new actress Salwa!
- Elderly man killed in tractor-nachimon collision
- Nirbhaya case convicts to be hanged on March 3
- Bangladesh emerges as self-dignified country under Sheikh Hasina
- Road reformed with kerosene spray!
- Daulatdia brothel gets namaz-e-janaza for third time
- Sammy to receive honorary citizenship of Pakistan
- Schoolgirl takes poison for lover’s weeding
- Sri Lanka win by 1 wicket in vacillate 1st ODI
- Ryanair boss criticized for Muslim profiling comments
- Maulana Mehmood Madani to visit Dhaka
- Sufi Mizan: A hawker for social service
- Bangabandhu Book Corner for all primary schools
- All News »
- 8 of a family burnt in N’ganj gas burner explosion
- Excellent puzzled day after 808 yrs
- Korea to provide scanners to diagnose coronavirus to Bangladesh
- Good news to honey farmers
- Amar Ekushey and International Mother Language Day today
- Coronavirus: 10,844 discharged from hospital
- 25-km tailback on Bangabandhu Bridge as toll plaza closed
- Actor Tapas Paul passes away
- 1st coach of Metro rail arrived
- Coronavirus: Death toll rises to 1666
- Father of cut-copy-paste dies
- Srijit’s anger over Tahsan
- ‘Returnee from China-Singapore doesn’t mean coronavirus infected’
- Bangladesh wants Qatar`s support for Rohingya repatriation
- CUET student Tahmid dies
- Mother with dead daughter in VR show
- Kidney Specialist without certificate!
- Coronavirus death toll crosses 2000
- 19 case accused killed in two groups’ gunfight
- Ivanka Trump wears hijab for mosque visit
- 14 children among 22 killed in Cameroon massacre
- Technical students to get more financial assistance: PM
- Man City, Man United, Inter Milan to play today
- BUET avoids combined admission test
- Coronavirus: Elderly and sick are most at risk
- Wuhan hospital chief dies of coronavirus
- Israeli soldiers duped by Hamas
- Faf du Plessis steps down as South Africa captain
- 3 children among 4 dead in ‘horrific’ Australia car fire
- PM hands over Ekushey Padak-2020