Balaka bus hit Menon’s car
Published: 05:33 PM, 22 March 2019
Now a ‘Balaka Paribahan’ bus hit the car of former minister and MP Rashed Khan Menon. Though the car was damaged, the president of Parliamentary Standing Committee on Social Welfare Ministry and president of Bangladesh Workers Party Rashed Khan Menon have survived.
A ‘Balaka Paribahan’ bus (Dhaka Metro-Ba-11-9684) hit the car carrying Menon in front of the Mohakhali police box in the capital on Friday morning. During this, Rashed Khan Menon was inside the car. He was heading towards Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport.
A notification sent from the office of the Workers Party said that a bus of Balak hit the car of Menon in front of the Mohakhali police box while going to Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport at 7:30 am on Friday. Later the sergeant on duty stopped the bus and arrested the driver.
The driver said in the interrogation that the bus has no documents. He does not even have a license. Even there is no fitness of the vehicle.
According to the notification issued by Workers Party, bus and driver are in Banani Police Station.
When contacted, Inspector of Banani police (investigation) Borhan Uddin said, “After getting the news in the morning, SI Mokhlesur Rahman was sent. When he reached the spot, the bus and driver were taken into the police custody.”
“The bus has already been sued in the mobile court. And no driver’s license got. The license was sealed as there is a case against the driver,” said SI Mokhlesur Rahman.
The name of the driver was not immediately known.
- UN top officials urged to pursue Myanmar for safe zone
- Russia eases citizenship rules in east Ukraine
- Govt mulling commission to identify Bangabandhu killers
- Sri Lanka admits `major` lapse over deadly Islamist blasts
- Bangladesh, Kyrgyzstan reach semifinals
- Malaria situation improves in CHT
- PM alerted about terror activities
- 105 illegal structures demolished in N’ganj, Tongi
- Indian envoy calls on President
- PM consoles Zayan’s family
- Zayan laid to rest
- Brexit or no Brexit, UK with Bangladesh: Sir Simon
- BNP mourns Zayan’s killing in Sri Lanka bombings
- DU-affiliated 7 college students withdraw blockade
- Zayan’s namaz-e-janaza held
- Happy Birthday Sachin Tendulkar!
- Mannan for tapping huge potentials of blue economy
- UFO sightings have reached an all-time high
- Primary assistant teacher recruitment exam from May 10
- Procession, meeting banned at IU
- Company tempted farmers for tobacco cultivation!
- Google gets FAA OK for drone deliveries
- Sri Lanka attacks: Bomber ‘studied in UK and Australia’
- PM at Banani to see Zayan’s body
- OC’s cellphones seized over Nusrat killing case
- ‘We stand beside Mila’
- Fire at Kutupalong Rohingya camp
- Edu minister for upsurge education budget
- Harvesting Irri-boro paddy begins in Rajshahi
- Actor Saleh Ahmed dies at 83
- All News »
- Nusrat murder: Last accused Kader arrested
- Educational Institutes to be closed Apr 21, 22
- Vicky Kaushal injured during film shoot
- Stadium debate ahead of Ukraine presidential runoff
- Egypt votes in referendum to extend Sisi’s power
- ‘Bonolota Express’ to launch tomorrow
- ‘Pornstars name in school exam investigating’
- Sheikh Selim’s grandson killed in SL blasts
- Probe team of police going to Sonagazi
- Bangladeshi shot dead by BSF
- Google doodle celebrates birthday of Rosy Afsari
- 2 dead in road crash near Motsho Bhaban
- Man killed in Teknaf shootout
- Hafiz Quader was active in Nusrat killing
- Probe report against Nowshaba on May 28
- Renowned director Hasibul Islam passes away
- Journalist Zafar Wazed new PIB DG
- High-fructose corn syrup boosts intestinal tumor growth in mice
- PM visits residence of late Hamida Khanam
- 7 suicide attackers behind 6 SL blasts
- PM returns home tomorrow
- Sudan`s Bashir moved to prison as protesters rally
- 5 to die in Chapainawabganj rape case
- New identity of Porimoni
- Shokh says ‘Goodbye’!
- Actor Saleh Ahmed dies at 83
- Terrorist killed in Gazipur gunfight
- Adele separates from husband
- 13 under arrest for Sri Lanka blasts: police
- Nusrat murder: Moni put on 5-day remand