Bail hearing for Minni today
Published: 12:50 PM, 21 July 2019 Updated: 12:50 PM, 21 July 2019
The Bail petition has been submitted for Aisha Siddiqua Minni, the only and prime witness of the widely discussed Rifat Sharif murder case in Barguna, also Rifat’s wife.
Barguna District Lawyers Association General Secretary Adv. Mahbubul Bari Aslam applied for the bail hearing on Sunday morning. As a result of the petition, the case has been placed on the working list of the Senior Judicial Magistrate Court of Barguna on Sunday.
Barguna Senior Judicial Magistrate's Court GRO Md. Hannan confirmed the matter, accepting Minnie's bail plea and was included in the court's task list for the hearing. The hearing could be held at around 11pm on Sunday, he said.
Minnie's lawyer Advocate Md. Mahbubul Bari Aslam said, "We have applied for Minnie's bail hearing." I will argue in court for Minni’s bail.
Rifat's father, Dulal Sharif, and Minni's father Mozammel Hossain Kishore have been present in the court following the information of Minnie's bail hearing.
On July 16, at around 9:30 am on Tuesday, police took Minni with her father Mozammel Hossain Kishore to the Barguna police line to interrogate and record her statement from her father's house in Barguna's Mitha area. Police arrested Minni at 9.00 pm after a long 10-hour interrogation.
Police then filed a seven-day remand for Minnie in Barguna's Judicial Magistrate Court around 3pm on Wednesday. After the hearing, judge Mohammad Sirajul Islam Gazi granted a five-day remand on Minni.
On Thursday, Barguna SP Maruf Hossain said, “After interrogation on Tuesday and Wednesday in police remand, Minni admitted that she was involved in the murder of her husband Rifat Sharif. She was also involved with the murder plot.”
Then on Friday afternoon, Minnie confessed in the same court that she was involve in the murder of her husband Rifat Sharif. The court later sent her jail.
Till now, 15 accused have been arrested in Rifat Sharif murder case. Among them, the 14 accused, including Minnis, confessed to the court admitting the involvement in the Rifat murder. Besides, the 3rd accused Rishon Farazi still in remand. And the main accused of the case Nayan Bond was killed in a gunfight.
- ‘Pak PM expressed concern over possible nuclear war with India
- Annie Silverstein’s ‘Bull’ wins top prize at Deauville
- Tigers lost to Afghans again!
- Rohingyas demand citizenship to return home
- Pak singer Robi jailed over comment ‘Narendra Modi must go to hell’
- Rule enacted for officials’ presence in PM’s state tours
- Thimmamma Marrimanu: A 550 yr old giant banyan tree
- White House: A monstrous residence
- PM to receive ‘Dr Kalam Smriti Int’l Excellence Awards ‘19’
- Hasina-Modi talks in Delhi Oct 5
- Tigers again in Afghan trouble
- Govt targets $50 bn in textile export
- Viqarunnisa gets new principal
- FM wants to keep trust in India
- Tigers lose 4 early targeting 165
- Plus-size beauty activist, Youtuber Nabela Noor in Dhaka
- Shinning days back in-house cow farm
- Injection to increase fairness!
- Airstrike kills 52 Taliban in Afghanistan
- Tips to have long-dense beard
- Saifuddin-Shakib turned 4 Afghans
- Joy-Lekhak pledge restore BCL status
- Time limit for Ins companies declared again
- Benefits of reciting Holy Qur’an
- Rituparna in Dhaka to make ‘Jam’!
- Police must try to gain trust of masses: PM
- DMP boss’ utmost importance on service for mass people
- 3 motorcyclists killed in Cumilla road crash
- HC directs hiring drivers on monthly salary basis
- Power outage at secretariat
- All News »
- Paris court finds Saudi princess guilty
- Mahi’s 33 and Tisha’s 22
- Sundarbans; a serene beauty
- `No alternative to capacity building to tackle cyber attack`
- With one suicide every 40 seconds, WHO urges action
- ADB country director praises PM’s planned development initiatives
- Germany criticizes Netanyahu’s annexation plan
- Blanche Monnier spent 25 yrs locked up just for love
- Ancient Greek: Origin of Culture and Civilization
- Kristen Stewart reacts to Robert Pattinson’s Batman casting
- Putin warned before 9/11 Twin-Tower attack
- 18 yrs of 9/11, worst terrorist attack in history
- Pakistan’s first female astronaut welcomed ISRO
- Bengal Commercial Bank launching soon
- Importance of ‘Fasting on Ashura’
- Self-made billionaire Jack Ma, who was rejected from 30 jobs
- Myths and controversies of Taj Mahal
- 5yrs without Firoza Begum
- U-19 Asia Cup final: Bangladesh vs India Saturday
- Saudi reduces Hajj-Umrah visa fee
- Gazipur hotel blast, probe committee formed
- Ancient Babylon: A city and a civilization
- ‘BNP’s many leaders are hired’
- Nan Madol: Ghost City on sea
- Man accused in 6 cases killed in M’singh gunfight
- Mishu new face in Tigers` T20 squad
- Rastafari, a religion that developed against “Whites”
- Shakib prized Afghanistan
- Bribe-taking sub-registrar to be suspended
- Shovon-Rabbani axed, Nahian-Lekhak made BCL’s acting president, GS