5pc increment for non-govt edu teachers, employees announced
Published: 09:43 PM, 8 November 2018 Updated: 09:43 PM, 8 November 2018
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Thursday announced 'Boishakhi Festival' allowance and 5 percent increment for teachers and employees of non-government educational institutions, who are now under monthly pay order (MPO).
She made the announcement while distributing cheques of seed money among nine organisations and trust funds at a ceremony at Ganobhaban in the evening.
Nearly five lakh teachers and employees of non-government educational institutions like schools, colleges and madrashas under the MPO will get the increment and Boishakhi Allowance.
An additional amount of Tk 532 crore will be spent annually on meeting the expenses of the increment, while Tk 177 crore will be required annually to provide the Boishakhi Allowance.
The Prime Minister handed over the cheques of Tk 100 crore to the trust funds and organisations.
She donated Tk 10 crore each as seed money to Non-government Educational Institution Teachers-Employees Welfare Trust and Non-government Educational Institution Teachers-Employees Retirement Benefit Board.
Besides, Tk 20 crore was given each to Fire Service and Civil Defence Welfare Trust and Cultural Activists Welfare Fund as seed money.
The Prime Minister also provided Tk 10 crore each as seed money to Bangabandhu National Agriculture Award Trust, Bangabandhu Science and Technology Fellowship Trust and Bangabandhu Sports Activists Welfare Foundation.
Besides, she donated Tk five crore to Imam-Muazzin Welfare Trust and Neuro-Developmental Disabled Protection Trust each.
Agriculture Minister Matia Chowdhury, Social Welfare Minister Rashed Khan Menon, Home Minister Asaduzzaman Khan, Cultural Affairs Minister Asaduzzaman Noor, Science and Technology Minister Yafes Osman, State Minister for Youth and Sports Biren Sikder and Deputy Minister for Youth and Sports Arif Khan Joy were present on the occasion.
- Washington declares ‘Bangladesh Day’ today
- Schoolgirl killed as leguna fell into ditch in Cumilla
- Obaidul Quader shifted to cabin from ICU
- Rain or thundershowers with gusty wind likely
- Google doodle celebrates Bangladesh’s Independence Day
- Barca wishes Bangladesh on Independence Day
- La Liga wishes Bangladesh on Independence Day
- PM pays homage to Bangabandhu on Independence Day
- President, PM pays homage to Liberation War heroes
- Nation celebrating 49th Independence Day
- Build advance country being imbued with patriotism: PM
- Girl commits suicide in Capital
- Bangladesh to be poverty free by 2030: Kamal
- Israel strikes Gaza after rocket hits house
- British MPs bid to take control over Brexit
- Nation observes one-minute `blackout`
- At least 18 dead as floods sweep Iran
- National anthem to be sung simultaneously nationwide tomorrow
- President visits Combined Military Hardware Display
- Fruits that burn fat like crazy
- Paleontologists report world`s biggest Tyrannosaurus rex
- Probe into case against Shahidul to remain halted
- JCD leader held over derogatory remarks on Liberation War
- ACC`s charge sheet accused 12 incl Sonali Bank GM
- BCB to sell jersey ahead of World Cup
- Argentina players don`t deserve to wear the shirt: Maradona
- DAE upbeat on bumper mango production
- DCCI urged Chinese investors
- Zidane starts operation Mbappe
- Chhagalnaiya upazila election stayed
- All News »
- Registration of Shuprovat Paribahan bus cancelled
- Coal power stations disrupt rainfall: Global study
- Nationwide prog on Bangabandhu’s birth centenary
- Local AL leader shot dead in Rangamati
- Students again on road with ‘We want Justice’
- Indonesia floods, mudslides: death toll rises to 89
- Six dead, 30 injured in China chemical plant blast
- Mozambique cyclone: death toll over 400
- BUP student killed in Narda road crash, sparks protest
- AL leader stabbed dead in Sunamganj
- Girl commits suicide in Capital
- First Bangladeshi girl in UN`s Education Conference
- Protest continues demanding justice for Abrar
- NZ PM vows never to say gunman`s name
- Bangladesh eliminated from AFC U-23 Championship
- Student killed in Sirajganj road crash, road blockade
- 2 Bangladeshi Christchurch victims’ burial completed
- PM mourns death of singer Shahnaz Rahmatullah
- Colourful Career of the Chief of Army Staff of Bangladesh Army
- Two drug traders killed in Teknaf gunfight
- All 50 victims of Christchurch attack identified: police
- Mustafiz gets hitched
- HC revokes bail of Subarnachar rape accused
- 3 killed as train hits motobike in Gopalganj
- Drive launches to arrest Rangamati separatists
- Obaidul Quader’s bypass surgery decision today
- Singer Shahnaj Rahmatullah dies
- Obaidul Quader’s bypass surgery underway
- Man detained for anti-state campaign in capital
- PM hands over Independence Award