Badminton Federation isn`t refunding money to junior players
Published: 09:27 PM, 27 January 2020 Updated: 09:28 PM, 27 January 2020
Bangladesh sent a team to Asia Under-17 Badminton Championship in Indonesia last December. Bangladesh Badminton Federation went to Indonesia with loan money from players but did not pay it to them after returning home. Even those who did not give the loan, Federation is now pressuring them for money. This information has been come out in the investigative report of Daily Bangladesh.
Aqib, a teenage badminton player from Chattogram, is a victim of such heinous work of the Federation.
He told Daily Bangladesh, "When Federation decided to send a national team to Indonesia they asked us to pay Tk 36,000 of Air ticket and told to go to Indonesia to play in the tournament. After the tournament, they will get $2200 in subsidies and we will be paid back with that money.”
Akib was talking to Federation member Zahidul Haque Kachi. The former Badminton player has been playing various roles in the Badminton Federation for many years. When other players agreed to go to Indonesia in exchange for money Akib was unwilling.
But two other players, Mangal and Ghalib, talked to team manager and coach Eng: Sarwar Alam about money.
Ghalib's brother Sajjad said they were talking to Sarwar Alam. They are told that if it is too much, it may cost an additional Tk 5,000-6000. He is supposed to pay back Tk 30,000.
Another player, Mangal, said in tune with Sajjad and said the same thing.
After the team went to Indonesia, Badminton Asia Federation handed over $ 2,200 as subsidy to team manager Sarwar Ala. From there, the coach handed over Tk 13,000 only who borrowed Tk 36,000.
They were informed that the food cost was a lot, so they were refunded Tk 13,000 only but it was not informed before leaving the country for Indonesia.
Meanwhile, Akib, who did not pay Tk 36,000, is now being pressured him to pay Tk 18,000. Aqib alredy paid Tk 10,000 and he is pressurizing to paid Tk 8,000 more.
Meanwhile, the other two players are waiting for the rest of their ticket money. No official of the Federation is taking responsibility for the loan.
Joy, Soad and Babu are players of Sarwar Badminton clubs and academies. So their responsibility was taken by coach Sarwar Alam himself.
In this regard, the team's manager Kam Koch Eng: Sarwar Alam told Daily Bangladesh, Zahidul Haque Kochi told us from the Federation that it was a matter of borrowing money. I paid for my academy. They also received a refund of Tk 13,000. However, it was said before the federation that it may cost Tk 15,000. He alleged that we were given a lot of misinformation from the Federation. I had to travel for 10 hours on a train which was not mentioned. We also have to bear that cost. We were told by the Federation that we would carry and eat all of Badminton Asia. But they just took responsibility for the accomodation. We have to eat in our own money.
He also wanted to show this reporter all documents of the costs.
He also said the general secretary of the federation paid only $700 to seven players before leaving the country.
Amir Hossain Bahar, general secretary of Bangladesh Badminton Federation, said he did not know anything about borrowing money. He was told nothing.
If a written complaint is filed to us we will take action.
- 2 robbers killed in Dinajpur gunfight
- 3 killed after crane crashes on sets of Kamal Haasan
- No more `nude` selfie on phone
- Coronavirus: Death toll mounts to 2120
- 19 dead in container-bus collision in Tamil Nadu
- 68 yrs of Language Movement
- Rapper Pop Smoke shot dead
- Coronavirus: Another hospital chief infected in China
- 8 dead in gunmen attacks in Germany
- World Day of Social Justice today
- Excellent puzzled day after 808 yrs
- Today’s sports on TV
- PM hands over Ekushey Padak today
- AL finalizes nomination for councilor posts in CCC polls
- Four killed in Kutubdia boat capsize
- 14 gamblers-drug dealers detained in Mymensingh
- Govt to shut 3 crore illegal smartphones
- Myanmar on financial surveillance!
- Pakistan conducts successful missile test
- No high-rise buildings along sea: PM
- Coronavirus reaches Iran: report
- 450 of 1200 posts vacant
- Preparation for Dhaka-10 by-polls completed: Returning Officer
- Rape accused detained in Narayanganj
- BNP`s politics stuck in Khaleda`s illness: Hasan
- Interest of postal saving will be revisited: Kamal
- Teacher takes salary without signing attendance sheet!
- Three robbers detained in Jamalpur
- Mysterious ship washes up Irish coast
- Diamond Princess passengers disembark after quarantine ends
- All News »
- Corona patient shot dead in North Korea
- ‘Kache Ashar Oshomapto Golpo’ to be aired on 13 channels
- 8 of a family burnt in N’ganj gas burner explosion
- Soumya with future wife
- Soumya to get married this month
- Coronovirus deaths surge past 1,300
- Coronavirus: Death toll rises to 1666
- Saudi to invest $30bn in Bangladesh
- Fire at DR Tower in Naya Paltan
- 25-km tailback on Bangabandhu Bridge as toll plaza closed
- Marriage at office on Valentine’s Day getting no leave
- Good news to honey farmers
- Boat capsize in Rangamati: 5 killed, 3 missing
- Srijit’s anger over Tahsan
- Sundarbans Day today
- Valentine, Pahela Falgun celebration same day
- What Srijit told about Tahsan
- 6,723 coronavirus patients discharged after recovery
- ‘Returnee from China-Singapore doesn’t mean coronavirus infected’
- 1st coach of Metro rail arrived
- Death toll in China surges past 1,500
- Actor Tapas Paul passes away
- Korea to provide scanners to diagnose coronavirus to Bangladesh
- Bangladesh wants Qatar`s support for Rohingya repatriation
- 19 case accused killed in two groups’ gunfight
- Kidney Specialist without certificate!
- Another Bangladeshi infected with coronavirus in Singapore
- Technical students to get more financial assistance: PM
- Falguni kills 5 workers in Gopalganj
- Wuhan hospital chief dies of coronavirus