BU’s ventilator ready for COVID-19 treatment
Published: 11:05 PM, 17 May 2020
This low-cost ventilator is able to play an outstanding role in the treatment of respiratory illnesses.
A prototype of an easily portable ventilator machine has been developed at the initiative of Innovation Lab and Electrical Engineering Department of Bangladesh University. This low-cost ventilator is able to play an outstanding role in the treatment of respiratory illnesses.
Bangladesh University Deputy Registrar (Public Relations) Officer Sohail Ahsan Nipu confirmed the information in a press release signed on Sunday night.
Kazi Taif Sadat, Chief Engineer of Innovation Lab of Bangladesh University, was in charge of the making of the ventilator machine.
Engineer Kazi Taif Sadat said the ventilator machine uses an electronic pump instead of a mechanical pump. As a result, the machine is much easier to maintain and less mechanical friction. The machine uses two diaphragm pumps for balanced airflow controlled by the thyristor.
The entire operation is controlled by a microcontroller. The speed of the pump, inhalation, and exhalation time can be controlled as per the requirement of the patient in this machine. The machine is suitable for use in both pediatric and adult patients.
In the future, a heart rate monitor will be added to the machine to determine the nature of the patient’s breathing, the press release said.
In addition, this low-cost device of domestic technology can be used in the treatment of dying patients infected with the COVID-19 virus by making necessary refinements based on the opinion of expert doctors.
To this end, the Department of Innovation Lab and Electrical Engineering of Bangladesh University has already taken the necessary steps.
- DMP transfer three asst police commissioners
- Brutal murder story of Junko, who raped about 500 times in 44 day
- Laborer killed by overturning crane in Cumilla
- Hygiene not followed at bus terminals
- Abrar murder: Jion’s bail plea rejected
- Trade thru Bhomra land port resumes
- Gazipur reports 93 new infected cases
- BNP in isolation of negative politics: Quader
- ADB expands trade finance to support Bangladesh private sector
- Mymensingh reports 81 new COVID-19 cases
- Challengers always stand by people in COVID-19 crisis: COO Yasir
- Inadequate launch risks health service to breakdown
- Father-son electrocuted in Rangpur
- Two die with COVID-19 symptoms at KMCH
- Highest COVID-19 tests in 24hrs, record new infected
- Actress Mohena with in-law members COVID-19 infected
- Coronavirus death toll tops 30,000 in Brazil
- Record new cases in 24 hours, 37 dead
- 349 Ansar members infected with COVID-19
- Shakib Khan’s ‘Rangbaaz’ movie producer Mozammel dies
- Keep your mouth shut: Police Chief advises Trump
- Biman cancels flights for passenger crisis
- Stolen Tk60 lakh of National Bank recovered
- ‘Ultimate repercussion’ if US hurt China’s interests
- BNP office fluxed of banner-festoon; neither activity, no activist
- Smith not to play in Aus ‘due to IPL’ if necessary
- Child among 4 another contracted COVID-19 in Nandail
- Light rain likely at many places
- Schoolgirl committed suicide for unable to see Star Jalsha serial
- Raw turmeric to boost immunity
- All News »
- Noble made his wife Salsabil a model in music video
- Noble got married for 3rd time seven months ago!
- 4 cops charged for killing a black man in US
- 23 die, highest infection recorded in last 24 hrs
- Over 2000 infected in 24 hours, 15 dead
- Three killed as microbus falls into Munshiganj ditch
- 22 die, 1541 infected in last 24 hours
- Record deaths, infections in 24 hours
- Karate coach Humayun Kabir Jewel dies
- Anandabazar editor Anirban Chattopadhyay resigns
- Electronic mask developed to prevent coronavirus!
- Brazil’s COVID-19 deaths surge past Spain
- Fire at United Hospital: 5 COVID-19 patients die
- 1166 new infected in 24 hrs, 21 die
- Offices resume from May 31
- SSC-equivalent results published, pass 82.87 pc
- Former national footballer Salauddin passes away
- India backs hydroxychloroquine for coronavirus treatment
- Over 2000 infected in 24hrs, 22 dead
- A thrilling operation by Police: 6 youths rescued from Sundarbans
- Xi Jinping asks Chinese military to prepare for battle
- 26 Bangladeshis shot dead in Libya
- Happy birthday ‘Legendary Actor’ Humayun Faridi
- 1764 infected in 24 hours, 28 dead
- Mahathir expelled from party
- Slain 26 Bangladeshis to be buried in Libya
- Music director Wajid Khan dies
- Hong Kong `no longer autonomous`: Pompeo
- SSC result today: How to pre-register
- Coronavirus case in country crosses 40,000