BSF tortures Bangladeshi to death
Published: 08:52 PM, 20 December 2017 Updated: 09:38 PM, 3 January 2018
Daily Bangladesh Desk
The Border Security Force (BSF) of neighbouring India allegedly tortured a Bangladeshi in bordering area in Patgram of Lalmonirhat on Wednesday, leading to his death.
The victim of the BSF torture was Rashidul Islam, 30, a resident of Mominpur village in Zongra union of Patgram upazila. He fathered two sons and one daughter.
Locals said Rashidul went to India’s bordering village Chyangrabanda along with some cattle traders on Tuesday night and fell victim of inhuman torture by the BSF members in the India’s bordering village on Wednesday morning.
Rashidul succumbed to his injuries on his way to Rangpur Medical College Hospital.
Locals said BSF members chased the cattle traders when they were returning home fetching cattle. Although all of his companions managed to reach Bangladesh, Rashidul was caught in the hands of BSF members.
BSF members beat him up mercilessly and later pushed him into Bangladesh territory.
Patgram police station officer-in-charge Obani Shankar Kar said Rashidul body bore “numerous marks of injuries”.
Border Guard Bangladesh’s (BGB) Burimari BGB sadar company commander Subedar Obaidul Haque said he talked to the BSF’s Changrabanda camp company commander Rajesh Kumar, but he denied the incident of BSF torture.
- Cabinet’s meeting after 7wks
- ‘Allahar Dal’s ameer among 4 ‘militants’ held
- Major General dismissed for sexual harassment
- Massive cyberattack; List of affected websites
- Issues that will be discussed during Jayashankar’s visit
- Gibraltar rejects US request
- Man United faces Wolverhampton tonight
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- Marium, a lovely animal dies after eating plastic
- New Indonesian capital to be in Jungle?
- How to cook meat faster
- Tourists unhappy over Teknaf`s odor-pollution
- Fatima: The Wonder Lady!
- Rail links with Khulna snapped
- Maududist modern era devil: Agriculture Minister
- ‘Blood Bank of Kaliganj’ saved thousand lives
- ‘Mayaboti’ release date scheduled
- Dressing room rift misinterpreted in media: Mahmudullah
- Humayun for all-side interest on rawhide issue
- Tannery owners to buy rawhide form tomorrow
- JKS for transport workers’ fixed work hrs rein road accident
- How long should Kashmiris wait for peace?
- JnU’s Olympiad winner dies
- Day laborer Dalip Singh became ‘Great Khali’
- Shirin Sharmin to join South Asian Speakers’ Summit
- 1 day after buying bike, youth killed in accident
- Happy birthday Mia Bhai
- Serious health risk in handling taka: research reveals
- Minni’s bail petition to HC again
- Cumilla road crash: 6 of a family among deceased
- All News »
- Truck driver rescues girl from rape on moving bus
- National Mourning Day Thursday
- 7 killed as auto-rickshaw crashes into bus
- Priyanka anxious over Nick’s diabetes!
- Immortal sayings of Bangabandhu
- Jacqueline stuns in yellow during birthday trip in Sri Lanka
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- Kona disclosed her marriage 3 months later!
- 60pc animal waste of Capital disposed
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- Removal of animal wastes almost completed: DSCC Mayor
- Momo stares in Hindi film!
- Two Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- No foreign prog broadcast without permission
- Keep environment clean to prevent dengue: President
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- 63 Bangladeshi Hajj pilgrims died in Saudi Arabia
- Pak-India war! 8 soldiers killed on LoC
- 2 gang rape accused killed in gunfight
- Last Hajj ritual heralds Eid Al-Azha
- 4 of a family killed in M’singh bus-car collision
- Flood victims to get 24,000 houses
- `Our prayer for abolition of evil power`
- BCB seek clarity from Mashrafe Mortaza about ODI future
- 8 births recorded during Hajj 2019
- Kashmir outposts divided over status change
- La Liga: Atletico Madrid faces Getafe tonight
- 2 dead, 3 missing after boat sinks in Jamuna