BPL begins tomorrow
Published: 06:11 PM, 4 January 2019 Updated: 06:14 PM, 4 January 2019
Daily Bangladesh Desk
The sixth edition of UCB Bangladesh Premier League (BPL) T20 Powered by TVS begins tomorrow (Saturday) at the Sher-e- Bangla National Cricket Stadium (SBNCS) in the city’s Mirpur.
Defending champions Rangpur Riders will take on Chittagong Vikings in the opening match of the tournament while last year’s runner-up Dhaka Dynamites face Rajshahi Kings in the day’s other opening day’s fixture.
Dhaka Dynamites, Rajshahi Kings, Khulna Titans, Rangpur Riders, Comilla Victorians, Chittagong Vikings and Sylhet Sixers are the seven participant teams for this edition of BPL.
Like the previous year, matches will be played on three venues across the country. Sylhet International Cricket Stadium (SICS), Sylhet is the latest venue after SBNCS and Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium (ZACS) of Chattogram.
Private satellite channel Gazi TV (GTV) and Maasranga Television are the two official broadcast partners from Bangladesh for this year’s BPL. Rabbithole app will also provide live streaming for both Android and iOS users.
Some of the famous superstars around the world want to play this year’s BPL competition for the first time.
Among them, Ex-South African batsman AB de Villiers was signed by Rangpur Riders. Rangpur also signed England batsman Alex Hales. Comilla Victorians have roped in another Aussie batsman Steve Smith. Sylhet Sixers brought in
Australia opener David Warner and appointed him as the captain of the side. Sylhet also signed spinner Sandeep Lamichhane who will be the first ever from Nepal to play in the BPL.
Each team can field maximum four foreign players in the playing 11 in this year. Previously five players were allowed to play in the eleven.
Every match-day will feature two matches with the first match starting from 12:30 pm and the second match will begins from 5:20 pm. Matches which will be held on Friday will have different match time as the first one will
kick off from 2 pm and the second match will start from 7:20 pm.
The 35-day tournament will end on February 8 following the final at Sher-e- Bangla National Cricket Stadium.
- ‘Bamboo’ in Rail Bridge
- Rifat died of six deep wounds: physician
- Dustbin at hospital’s entrance
- Rifat’s body on way to Barguna
- HM declares stern action against Rifat’s killers
- ‘Bangabandhu struggled whole life for two purposes’
- Those who stood, mainly blocked our way: Rifat’s wife
- Issue alert on boarder: HC to IGP
- Rohit falls early as India bat first
- Hackers steal data from telecoms: cyber firm
- Rural women making own fortune in Rangpur region
- Temperature may fall further
- New Silex malware bricks 2000 plus IoT devices
- Deputy Attorney Generals appointed before 2017 asked to resign
- Barguna murder: HC seeks info about ‘action’ taken within noon
- Rape accused killed in Sitakunda gunfight
- 1 held over brutal murder of Barguna man
- Mahbubur to die for killing Ranada Prasad Shaha
- How US aggressively flexed its cyber warfare powers under Trump
- US carried out cyberattacks on Iran: reports
- UN warns of telecom blackout cover for Myanmar military abuses
- Verdict on Ranada Prasad Shaha murder case today
- Say Alhamdulillah
- Young hacked to death for a hundred bucks
- Clean tech fair begins promoting environment friendly metals
- Balakot air strikes planner new R&AW chief now
- Gayle confirms retirement plans are on hold
- Democrats seeks $4.5bn aid for boarder migrants
- Nusrat murder case: Death threat to witnesses
- Two youth electrocuted in Bogura
- All News »
- General Aziz - A Dedicated Golfer Army Chief
- Sarafa Infotech’s new director Soroj Mehedi
- AL to make it`s 70th anniversary memorable
- Mushfiqur`s ton in vain as Bangladesh lost to Australia
- ‘No Dorai’: Surfing base film with Chatgaiya language
- No exempt, although it is MP-Minister’s house: Rezaul
- PM inaugurates environment fair, tree plantation campaign & tree fair
- Say Alhamdulillah
- 3 farmers killed in Natore road crash
- 2 female RMG workers’ bodies recovered in Ashulia
- Hajj cost in Bangladesh less than India: Minister
- Happy birthday to football magician Messi
- Boat capsizes at Sadarghat: two minors’ body recovered
- Take development schemes protecting environment: PM
- Arrest warrant against Pran’s MD
- Female UP member hacked to death in N’ganj
- Williamson ton, Grandhomme power New Zealand in thriller
- Malaysia calls for ‘justice’ for Rohingyas
- Gold, Diamond, Silver gets validation in fair
- Fire at Cumilla EPZ
- PM’s China visit in July; plan to boost bilateral ties
- UN praises Bangladesh peacekeepers
- Primary recruit exam: 6 held over fake question trafficking
- ‘King of Pop’ Michael’s 10th death anniv today
- Habiganj municipality by-election underway
- Birth anniversary of poet Sufia Kamal today
- Argentina and Qatar set for crucial Copa America match
- Kulaura train crash: Three deceased identified
- Rail communication to be normal by evening: Secy
- Heartbreaking photo of dead migrants stirs outrage