BPL begins today
Published: 11:06 AM, 5 January 2019 Updated: 11:06 AM, 5 January 2019
Daily Bangladesh Desk
The sixth edition of Bangladesh Premier League (BPL) T20 begins on Saturday at the Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium in the capital’s Mirpur. The 35-day tournament will end on February 8 following the final at the same Stadium.
There are seven participant teams for this edition of BPL. The teams are - Dhaka Dynamites, Rajshahi Kings, Khulna Titans, Rangpur Riders, Comilla Victorians, Chittagong Vikings and Sylhet Sixers.
Defending champions Rangpur Riders will take on Chittagong Vikings in the opening match of the tournament while last year’s runner-up Dhaka Dynamites face Rajshahi Kings in the day’s other opening day’s fixture.
Like the previous year, matches will be played on three venues across the country. Sylhet International Cricket Stadium (SICS), Sylhet is the latest venue after SBNCS and Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium (ZACS) of Chattogram.
Private satellite channel Gazi TV (GTV) and Maasranga Television are the two official broadcast partners from Bangladesh for this year’s BPL. Rabbithole app will also provide live streaming for both Android and iOS users.
Some of the famous superstars around the world want to play this year’s BPL competition for the first time.
Among them, Ex South African batsman AB de Villiers was signed by Rangpur Riders. Rangpur also signed England batsman Alex Hales. Comilla Victorians have roped in another Aussie batsman Steve Smith. Sylhet Sixers brought in Australia opener David Warner and appointed him as the captain of the side. Sylhet also signed spinner Sandeep Lamichhane who will be the first ever from Nepal to play in the BPL.
Each team can field maximum four foreign players in the playing 11 in this year. Previously five players were allowed to play in the eleven.
Every match-day will feature two matches with the first match starting from 12:30 pm and the second match will begins from 5:20 pm. Matches which will be held on Friday will have different match time as the first one will kick off from 2 pm and the second match will start from 7:20 pm.
- PM greets tigers
- ‘I am happy that we are still in World Cup’
- Brazil to face Venezuela early tomorrow
- Last phase voting in 20 UZs underway
- Shakib, Liton star as Tigers beat Windies
- Three countries went dark and no one knows why
- Egypt’s ousted president Morsi dies
- Don’t make pocket committee with opportunists: Quader
- 6 Most Surprising Mosques in Africa!
- Shakib enters 6000-run club in ODI
- EC made all measures for fair polls: EC secy
- Enough money in banks, not for looting: PM
- Tk 15,000 cr supplementary budget for current FY passed in JS
- Stand for a while to lose weight, how?
- Caribbeans set 322-run target for Tigers
- Extremists use religion to create fascism: Monirul
- BD female pilots become paragons for Congolese women
- Tariff Commission Act gets Cabinet nod
- Shakib turned Pooran after Lewis
- Impotent injection for rapist
- ‘Nani’ providing health care on cycle at 92
- Firemen at risk in service office
- Revenue will be billions below forecast: Huawei CEO
- Mother split child`s throat
- Public exam pass marks 40, no GPA 5
- Gayle falls for duck!
- Tigers won toss, bowl first
- Ex-Sonagazi OC Moazzem denied bail, sent to jail
- Innovation of artificial lungs by Mou-Akhi-Bipasha
- Rangpur city polluted than Dhaka, Cumilla in safe zone
- All News »
- Apurba’s younger brother commits suicide
- Akash of N’ganj made Lamborghini!
- Uber driver’s slit-throat body found in Uttara
- Daraz joins hands with Visa
- Shakib, Liton star as Tigers beat Windies
- Australia beat Pakistan by 41 runs
- Ramp up pressure on Myanmar
- Mila’s assistant threw acid at Sanjari’s private parts!
- Ex-Sonagazi OC Moazzem held
- Rohingyas leave camps, collect Bangladeshi passports
- Amitabh Bachchan`s Twitter Account Hacked
- Oil tanker collision in Chattogram port, closes vessels movement
- PM orders for professional skill based promotion of army men
- 8 children injured as ceiling of hospital caves in
- Myanmar buying weapons despite int’l arms embargoes
- Drug trader killed in Cumilla gunfight
- 53 children die in India from brain disease linked to lychee
- Finance Minister starts unveiling budget
- England wins beating Windies
- BGB man killed by lightning strike
- College girl torched in Narsingdi, 1 held
- 2 students killed in Pabna road crash
- ‘Lack of harvesting laborers results of employment opportunities’
- Cop sues wife on charge of torture for dowry
- Cigarette, bidi prices go up in Budget FY20
- ‘Rohingya crisis may destabilise Asia if not resolved’
- JS budget session begins today
- Most-detailed-ever; black hole mystery disclosure
- Tk 5,23,190cr budget for FY20 unveils in Parliament
- Che Guevara’s 91st birth anniv today