BNP starts handing over nomination letters
Published: 04:18 PM, 26 November 2018 Updated: 04:18 PM, 26 November 2018
BNP formally started handing over nomination letters to the candidates its board selected for contesting the forthcoming national election at its Chairperson's Gulshan office on Monday afternoon.
BNP secretary general Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir started the process handing over the nomination letters of its Chairperson Khaleda Zia to Bogura BNP president Saiful Islam for Bogura-6 and to her adviser Helaluzzaman Lalu for Bogura-7 at 3:15 pm.
Mirza Fakhrul broke down into tears while handing over the nomination letters of Khaleda Zia and could not speak for a while at that time.
“May Allah help her get released from jail so that she could take part in the election and work for establishing people's right,” said Fakhrul after handing over the nomination letters of Khaleda Zia.
The issuance of nomination letters among the Barisal division aspirants will start at 4 pm while among Rangpur division aspirants at 6 pm and Rajshahi division seekers at 8pm, party sources said.
On Sunday, BNP standing committee member Moudud Ahmed said they will formally issue nomination letters on Monday.
Another party standing committee member, Gayeshwar Chandra Roy, said they have finalised the list of their party candidates. “We're now in discussions with our partners of the Jatiya Oikyafront and the 20-party.”
He said their party standing committee nominated the candidates based on their competence, capability and popularity.
Party insiders said some of its leaders informally received their nomination letters on Sunday night while most of the nomination hopefuls are staying in the capital city to get the party tickets on Monday.
The BNP leaders also hinted that 150-200 nomination seekers will be given party tickets on the first day while the rest will get those later.
BNP secretary general Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir along with some senior leaders held a meeting at BNP chairperson's Gulshan office on Sunday night and discussed various issues relating to sharing seats with the alliance partners.
A leader close to Fakhrul said, “The BNP leader signed the nomination letters of the 200 selected candidates of the party at the night.”
He said the BNP standing committee decided to share nearly 10 seats with Gano Forum, three each with Nagorik Oikya, JSD and Krishak Sramik Janata League while 40 seats with the 20-party alliance partners.
- Real suffer shock home loss to Girona
- Student organisations remain at variance over DUCSU polls
- Saudi crown prince reaches Pakistan amid tension
- Shanaya Kapoor takes first step in Bollywood
- `India shouldn`t play against Pakistan in WC 2019`
- Maqbul Ahmed resigns from Jamaat
- Lights in Hili
- Fuel price hike cause UK’s airline end
- Collective efforts need to mitigate urban poverty
- `2000 edu institutions to be brought under MPO soon`
- Nirab murder: accused arrested
- Hearing on Jamaat’s appeal soon: AG
- Bogura AL President Momtaz Uddin dies
- Mahmudullah, Boult fined by ICC
- PM at IDEX inaugural in Abu Dhabi
- Sightly lake fascinates visitors
- RU to observe Dr Zoha day tomorrow
- Messi scores one penalty out of two in win
- Ebola kills nearly 100 children
- CORR fall not at expected level yet: ACC Chm
- School banking to create savings habit
- Japan PM nominated Trump for Nobel
- Bangladeshi killed in Saudi Arabia road crash
- Manna’s 11th death anniv today
- Drug trader killed in Cumilla gunfight
- ‘All parties not taking part in UZ polls disappointing’
- 32 grenades recovered in Khulna
- ‘Sagar-Runi’ Murder report delay for 63rd time
- Trump demands Europe take in 800 ISIS fighters
- Pulse cultivation gaining popularity among Manikganj farmers
- All News »
- ‘Work with history of country’s Language Movement’
- WB to cooperate with Bangladesh: Qimiao Fan
- Spain teeters on brink of snap election
- Bangladesh, Indian Air Forces can work together: PM
- Net house potato farming gains ground in Rajshahi
- Pakistan summons Indian envoy to protest `baseless allegations`
- Which channel broadcast BAN vs NZ series
- Biswa Ijtema begins tomorrow
- Elderly couple among 3 killed in Munshiganj road crash
- Haunting beauty of ghost towns
- “AL not embarrassed of BNP’s case against polls”
- Mithun`s fifty takes Bangladesh to 226
- Mashrafe confident of BD`s chances despite Shakib`s absence
- 28 including drug traders held in Dinajpur
- Illusions about losing weight
- PM visits LGRD ministry
- College student killed in Madarganj road crash
- Israel shoots dead two Palestinian teenagers
- Pahela Falgun being celebrated
- Two drug traders held with phensedyl
- Speech-impaired college-girl raped, man held
- Seven yrs of Sagar-Runi murder
- Ali, employee of Daily Bangladesh, injured in road crash
- Barcelona, Man City to play tonight
- NZ clinch ODI series 2-0 against Tigers
- 3 motorcyclists killed in Gazipur road crash
- 5 mayor aspirants get symbols
- “’Fagun Haway’ will inspire new generation in patriotism”
- Al Mahmud admitted to ICU
- Emergency declared in Russia over polar bear ‘invasion’