BNP shares 17 seats among Oikyafront partners
Published: 09:14 PM, 8 December 2018 Updated: 09:14 PM, 8 December 2018
Daily Bangladesh Desk
BNP today allocated 17 seats among its Jatiya Oikyafront alliance partners--Gonoforum, Nagorik Oikya and Jatiya Samajtantrik Dal (Rab) to contest in the upcoming general election.
Gonoforum was given seven seats while Nagorik Oikya and Jatiya Samajtantrik Dal (Rab) got five seats each.
Gonoforum was given Dhaka-6 and 7, Moulvibazar-2, Habiganj-1, Mymensingh-8, Pabna-1 and Kurigram-2.
The nominated Gonoforum candidates are: Subrata Chowdhury (Dhaka-6), Mostofa Mohsin Montu (Dhaka-7), Sultan Mansur (Moulvibazar-2), Reza Kibria (Habiganj-1), Khalequzzaman (Mymensingh-8), and AMSA Amin (Kurigram-2).
Jatiya Oikyafront’s component Nagorik Oikya was given Bogura-2, Narayanganj-5, Rangpur-1, Rangpur-5, and Barishal-4.
The nominated Nagorik Oikya candidates are: Mahmudur Rahman Manna (Bogura-2), SM Akram (Narayanganj-5), Shah Md Rahmatullah (Rangpur-1), Mofakharul Islam Nabab (Rangpur-5) and JM Nurur Rahman (Barishal-4).
Jatiya Samajtantrik Dal (Rab) has got Laxmipur-4, Cumilla-4, Kishoreganj-3, Dhaka-18, and Shariatpur-1.
They are: ASM Abdur Rab (Laxmipur-4), Abdul Malek Ratan (Cumilla-4), Dr Saiful Islam (Kishoreganj-3), Shahiduddin Mahmud Swapan (Dhaka-18) and Nurul Islam Mal (Shariatpur-1).
Jatiya Oikyafront nominated candidates in all the constituencies will contest the election with BNP’s election symbol “Sheaf of Paddy.
- Best exercise for your heart
- Truck carrying aid crosses border: OPPO MP
- Golden jubilee of Bangabandhu title observed
- Palestinians’ pray in long-closed part of Al-Aqsa
- Toxic liquor death stood 102 in Assam
- Sanai’s wedding tunes with ex-Minister
- Venezuela soldiers abandon posts at Colombia border
- PM releases stamp on Bangabandhu title’s golden jubilee
- Fire guilty should be trialed: GM Quader
- Chemical found! Dail 9556014
- Scout for free from militant, drugs: AG Minister
- Snow to strike Britain again freeze!
- Chemical godowns shift starts
- Tobacco use Loss over Tk 30,000 cr per yr
- Our fight is for Kashmir, Not against Kashmiris: Modi
- Vidya on banning Pakistani artistes in India
- 300 vehicles on fire near Bengaluru Air Show
- Mithila again in love!
- Savings Week 2019 begins in Rajshahi
- John Keats recall; Physician to Poet
- Mendis, Fernando carry Sri Lanka to historic win
- Cleanliness crush program in RMCH
- BCL declers Shovon-Rabbani pannel
- Marshall Islands consider radical measures
- NASA’s new DNA for alien search
- Salman Shah`s death report submission date deferred again
- Guaido defies travel ban
- AL nomination meeting today
- Assam toxic liquor death toll mounts to 84
- Mola in ponds improves others` nutritional quality
- All News »
- Pakistan summons Indian envoy to protest `baseless allegations`
- Another spell of gas suspension in Capital Tuesday
- 16 burnt, 50 injured in Churihatta fire
- JnU BCL committee dissolved
- BCL factional clash hurt 45 in JnU
- Daily Bangladesh mourns death in Chawkbazar fire
- 1 killed as tree fall in capital, 7 injured
- Drug trader hurt in Chatmohor gunfight
- Mithun`s fifty takes Bangladesh to 226
- Gas supply shutdown in Dhaka including Savar
- Nation set to pay homage to language martyrs
- Ali, employee of Daily Bangladesh, injured in road crash
- Barcelona, Man City to play tonight
- Japan probe Hayabusa2 makes asteroid landing
- NZ clinch ODI series 2-0 against Tigers
- “’Fagun Haway’ will inspire new generation in patriotism”
- Death toll in Nigeria attack doubles to 130
- Samsung to launch US retail stores in smartphone push
- Prominent poet Al Mahmud dies
- Last tributes to poet Al Mahmud at Bangla Academy
- 1st phase of nomination withdrawal ends today
- General Osmani’s 35th death anniversary today
- Sadhan urges officials to brighten up govt image
- Zulfikar Ali will survive if he got your help
- SERG Zahurul Haque’s death anniversary observed
- No pardon for drug traders: IGP
- India shouldn`t play Pakistan in World Cup: Harbhajan
- Maduro blasts US for ‘stealing’
- Saudi Arabia strikes $10bn China deal
- Shop gutted in Sylhet fire