BNP man among 39 held in Dinajpur, Habiganj
Published: 02:28 PM, 24 April 2018
At least 39 people, including an activist of BNP, six drug traders, and 12 wanted accused, were arrested from different areas of Dinajpur and Habiganj district in last 12-hour ending at 9 am this morning.
In Dinajpur, police, in special drives arrested 17 persons including an activist of BNP from different areas of the district in the last 12-hour ending at 9 am this morning.
Law enforcers also recovered 218 bottles of Phensidyl during the drives.
During the drives, Dinajpur Sadar police arrested five persons including an activist of BNP from Baluyadanga area in the town around 7 am, Birganj Thana police arrested two persons, Khansama Thana police arrested two persons, Ghoraghat Thana police arrested three persons, Phulbari Thana police arrested two persons, Birampur Thana police arrested two persons and Parbatipur Thana police arrested one person.
Meanwhile, members of Border Guard Bangladesh (BGB) in a drive detained three drug traders with 218 bottles of Phensidyl around 11 pm from Hili Railway Station in Hakimpur upazila of the district.
Later, the detained persons were handed over to the Hakimpur Thana police, BGB said.
In Habiganj, police, in regular drives arrested 19 persons including 12 wanted accused and three drug traders from different areas of the district in last 12-hour ending at 9 am this morning.
Assistant Superintendent of Police (ASP) Nazim Uddin said, they were picked up from different areas of the district on different charges.
Several cases, including charges of subversive activities, are pending with different police stations against the arrested persons, the sources added.
All of the arrestees of two districts were sent to jail.
- Afghanistan mosque bombing kills 62
- Nadeem joins India squad for Ranchi Test
- Sheikh Russel’s 56th birthday observed
- Death sentence for humiliation of the Holy Quran
- Turkey-led strikes kill 14 civilians in northeast Syria
- Workshop on IT awareness for female students held at DU
- Aligarh University Prof meets DU VC
- KUET admission test held peacefully
- At least 28 killed in Afghan mosque blast
- Semolina’s rasmalai!
- NASA astronauts Koch and Meir in all-women spacewalk
- Education programs runing on tide
- UN welcomes Turkey`s ceasefire decision
- FM calls upon German investment in Bangladesh
- Surge success of Urmi
- Bangladesh maintains all-win run beating Faroe Islands 3-1
- 6 foods that damaging your kidneys
- Bangabandhu Film City will be world class: Hasan
- NCL coaches terminated for not playing leg spinner
- New labor laws in Qatar benefiting migrant workers
- Saif hits double ton, Imrul 93
- 17 fishermen jailed for catching hilsa
- Artist Kalidas Karmakar dies
- 35 arrested in anti-drug drive
- Culvert, the last reliance
- 2 children drown in Narail
- Now PUBG bans in Bangladesh
- Tahsan not ‘celebrating’ Birthday...
- Singapore beat Scotland in T20 WC qualifiers
- US imposes record $7.5 billion tariffs on European goods
- All News »
- Father killed child Tuhin, claim police
- Unseen ‘Miss World Bangladesh’ Rafah
- Child Tuhin murder: 2 relatives give statement
- Abrar murder: First confession by Ifti
- Bangla TV to air Bangladesh-India match
- Zion gives 2nd confessional statement in Abrar murder case
- Brutality upon child Tuhin
- Sabila Nur gets married this month
- PM urges UGC not to go beyond rules
- Brutal murder of child: Case filed against 10
- Sunny, Al Amin recalled for India T20 series
- 35 pilgrims killed as bus crashes in Saudia Arabia
- Typhoon Hagibis: Death toll rises to 68 in Japan
- Padma Bridge work progress 84 pc
- 3 including Indian national win Nobel Prize in Economics
- Abrar murder: Amit, Toha on 5-day remand
- Bangladesh becomes role model in disaster management: PM
- Japan keen to expand existing bilateral ties: Envoy
- Gold bars worth Tk 6.5cr recovered in Shah Amanat
- The king who rose from the dead
- The female Pharaoh who ruled by wearing false beards
- Jubo League age decision at Ganabhaban: Quader
- Moushumi assaulted at BFDC
- BUET students’ call off protests
- MBBS admission test today
- PM for quick disposal of Abrar murder case
- Woman given ‘Talaq’ for alcohol, short dress!
- 2 pedestrians die after being hit by bus
- Sourav Ganguly set to be president of BCCI
- Now PUBG bans in Bangladesh