BNP man among 39 held in Dinajpur, Habiganj
Published: 02:28 PM, 24 April 2018
At least 39 people, including an activist of BNP, six drug traders, and 12 wanted accused, were arrested from different areas of Dinajpur and Habiganj district in last 12-hour ending at 9 am this morning.
In Dinajpur, police, in special drives arrested 17 persons including an activist of BNP from different areas of the district in the last 12-hour ending at 9 am this morning.
Law enforcers also recovered 218 bottles of Phensidyl during the drives.
During the drives, Dinajpur Sadar police arrested five persons including an activist of BNP from Baluyadanga area in the town around 7 am, Birganj Thana police arrested two persons, Khansama Thana police arrested two persons, Ghoraghat Thana police arrested three persons, Phulbari Thana police arrested two persons, Birampur Thana police arrested two persons and Parbatipur Thana police arrested one person.
Meanwhile, members of Border Guard Bangladesh (BGB) in a drive detained three drug traders with 218 bottles of Phensidyl around 11 pm from Hili Railway Station in Hakimpur upazila of the district.
Later, the detained persons were handed over to the Hakimpur Thana police, BGB said.
In Habiganj, police, in regular drives arrested 19 persons including 12 wanted accused and three drug traders from different areas of the district in last 12-hour ending at 9 am this morning.
Assistant Superintendent of Police (ASP) Nazim Uddin said, they were picked up from different areas of the district on different charges.
Several cases, including charges of subversive activities, are pending with different police stations against the arrested persons, the sources added.
All of the arrestees of two districts were sent to jail.
- Mushfiqur`s ton in vain as Bangladesh lost to Australia
- Study ties unhealthy gums to liver cancer risk
- PM urges int’l bodies to help rehabilitate Rohingyas in Myanmar
- Tamim falls after score fifty
- Court orders to freeze DIG Mizan’s wealth
- Teenager stabbed in capital`s Kadamtali
- Bangladesh loses Soumya early
- Signal 3 for maritime ports
- Australia set Bangladesh 382 to win
- Nusrat murder: charges formed, testimonies Jun 27
- Get driving license after eye and dope test: HC
- Rohingya wants to return after ensuring recognition
- Warner hits ton, Australia heading for big total
- Novoair increases flights to Jashore
- US confirms drone was shot down by Iranian missile
- Soumya makes brekthough for Bangladesh
- National Vitamin ‘A’ plus campaign on June 22
- Rohingyas’ ardor to return home on refugee day
- Prisoner dies in Kashimpur jail
- ‘Dhaka Attack’s villain Taskeen got married
- Rana`s bail stay till July 1
- Provide Tk 50 within 2 months to Rajib’s family: HC
- Take development schemes protecting environment: PM
- 9 to die for killing C’nawabganj Jubo League leader
- Rain, thundershowers likely to continue
- Australia to bat first against Bangladesh
- UN praises Bangladesh peacekeepers
- ‘Refugee Day’ observed with 1.1m Rohingyas burden
- Google Doodle celebrates Sufia Kamal’s birth anniv
- Birth anniversary of poet Sufia Kamal today
- All News »
- Apurba’s younger brother commits suicide
- Akash of N’ganj made Lamborghini!
- Uber driver’s slit-throat body found in Uttara
- Shakib, Liton star as Tigers beat Windies
- Ex-Sonagazi OC Moazzem held
- Oil tanker collision in Chattogram port, closes vessels movement
- PM orders for professional skill based promotion of army men
- 53 children die in India from brain disease linked to lychee
- ‘Lack of harvesting laborers results of employment opportunities’
- BGB man killed by lightning strike
- Tigers won toss, bowl first
- England wins beating Windies
- Myanmar buying weapons despite int’l arms embargoes
- Finance Minister starts unveiling budget
- ‘Rohingya crisis may destabilise Asia if not resolved’
- Probe report submission deferred again
- College girl torched in Narsingdi, 1 held
- Gayle falls for duck!
- Tk 5,23,190cr budget for FY20 unveils in Parliament
- None can escape creating sabotage: HM
- Cigarette, bidi prices go up in Budget FY20
- Australia won by 87 runs
- Caribbeans set 322-run target for Tigers
- Facing measles outbreaks, NY bans religious vaccination exemption
- England beat Afghanistan by 150 runs
- Most-detailed-ever; black hole mystery disclosure
- Bangladesh informs UN about Myanmar’s non-cooperation
- Suspect pleads not guilty to all 92 charges
- RAB revealed mystery of Sensational Shakib murder
- Public exam pass marks 40, no GPA 5