BNP man among 39 held in Dinajpur, Habiganj
Published: 02:28 PM, 24 April 2018
At least 39 people, including an activist of BNP, six drug traders, and 12 wanted accused, were arrested from different areas of Dinajpur and Habiganj district in last 12-hour ending at 9 am this morning.
In Dinajpur, police, in special drives arrested 17 persons including an activist of BNP from different areas of the district in the last 12-hour ending at 9 am this morning.
Law enforcers also recovered 218 bottles of Phensidyl during the drives.
During the drives, Dinajpur Sadar police arrested five persons including an activist of BNP from Baluyadanga area in the town around 7 am, Birganj Thana police arrested two persons, Khansama Thana police arrested two persons, Ghoraghat Thana police arrested three persons, Phulbari Thana police arrested two persons, Birampur Thana police arrested two persons and Parbatipur Thana police arrested one person.
Meanwhile, members of Border Guard Bangladesh (BGB) in a drive detained three drug traders with 218 bottles of Phensidyl around 11 pm from Hili Railway Station in Hakimpur upazila of the district.
Later, the detained persons were handed over to the Hakimpur Thana police, BGB said.
In Habiganj, police, in regular drives arrested 19 persons including 12 wanted accused and three drug traders from different areas of the district in last 12-hour ending at 9 am this morning.
Assistant Superintendent of Police (ASP) Nazim Uddin said, they were picked up from different areas of the district on different charges.
Several cases, including charges of subversive activities, are pending with different police stations against the arrested persons, the sources added.
All of the arrestees of two districts were sent to jail.
- Death toll exceeds 17000 in Italy
- 52 areas of Capital locked down
- Spain records 743 more coronavirus deaths today
- Emergency telehealth service to launch for BU students
- Coronavirus infection tops 1.4 mn; death toll surging to 80,000
- 6 families in Ctg put in quarantine
- Narayanganj lockdown
- Why today’s Supermoon `pink`
- 170 families on voluntary lockdown in Dinajpur
- Coronavirus death toll tops 78,000
- Japan declares state of emergency amid coronavirus
- Lockdown to be extended in India
- Jagdal UP in Magura announced lockdown
- ‘Majed’s death sentence after completing formalities’
- Narsingdi coronavirus infected youth in isolation
- Wages to be paid by April 16: Commerce Minister
- RAB fined 50 for reasonless roaming in capital
- Edu institutions to remain closed till Eid holidays
- 3 houses under lockdown in Lakshmipur
- Trains to turn into hospitals in India
- 3 held with 17-kg weed in Brahmanbaria
- Farmer electrocuted to death in Mymensingh
- Youth killed in Dinajpur road crash
- IPL can hold in October-November!
- MP of Narsingdi distributes food items among 1,500 families
- 2 youths provide 7 days’ food to 150
- Ferdous living with kids separately from wife
- District council stands by 5000 families in Gazipur
- 16 samples collected from Kurigram
- FIFA U20 Women`s World Cup postponed
- All News »
- Fishermen killed dolphin in Cox’s Bazar
- Coronavirus death toll passes 50,000
- Sylhet records 1st coronavirus case
- Army to go tough from today
- BTV bringing back Humayun Ahmed’s ‘Bohubrihi’ ‘Kothao Keu Nei’
- PM declares action plan to combat COVID-19 today
- Death toll passes 42,000 worldwide
- Fire at Karwan Bazar
- 5 more test positive for coronavirus, raising total to 61
- 11 in Mirpur, 9 in Bashabo contract from coronavirus
- Bangabandhu’s killer Abdul Majed held
- Indian-origin South African HIV researcher dies from coronavirus
- Soldiers get urgent medical equips from Army Aviation
- Wimbledon cancelled for first time since World War II
- 13-year-old dies of coronavirus in London
- Ban on public transport extended till April 11
- Case filed for ‘Genda Phool’!
- Coronavirus test in Rangpur Medical begins
- 2 more coronavirus cases detected, raising total to 56
- Prince Charles recovers from coronavirus
- 9 more diagnosed with coronavirus, raising total to 70
- Bashundhara, Wari lockdown
- Narsingdi house lockdown over coronavirus suspicion
- Philippines ambassador to Lebanon dies of coronavirus
- 4 more die from coronavirus, taking total to 13: Health Minister
- Coronavirus death toll surpasses 63,000
- Ban on mask and sanitizer export lifted
- Bachchu’s “Shei Tumi” storms in online in India
- 29 more diagnosed with coronavirus, raising total to 117
- Coronavirus infected woman journo shares 13 new symptoms