BNP is not with people in coronavirus fight
Published: 04:09 PM, 1 April 2020
Awami League General Secretary and Bridges minister Obaidul Quader
Awami League General Secretary and Road Transport and Bridges minister Obaidul Quader has alleged, BNP leaders are not on the side of the countrymen to deal with coronavirus epidemic.
The Awami League general secretary Obaidul Quader made the allegation at a press conference at his official residence on Wednesday.
Obaidul Quader said that, the BNP leaders are criticizing the government only through the press conference instead of standing beside the people in the coronavirus fight. At this critical moment in the country, BNP leaders did not come to the people's side to extend cooperation.
He said, "The BNP is not in favor of the people even in the crisis period of this country. They are busy with ill activities to take over political benefits by criticizing the government amid the crisis period of the country."
Highlighting the progress of the Padma Bridge, the minister said the progress of the Padma Bridge did not stop. The overall progress of the Padma Bridge project is 78.5 percent.
Meanwhile, at the political office of the Awami League president in Dhanmondi, the party supplied materials to prevent coronavirus to various organizations, including hospitals, in the initiatives of the Awami League's Relief and Social Welfare Sub-Committee.
At that time, Awami League's Relief and Social Welfare Secretary Sujit Roy Nandi, Health and Population Secretary Dr Rokeya Sultana, Deputy Office Secretary Sayem Khan were present.
- Libya killings: Case filed against 38 people
- Biden accuses Trump of trafficking in ‘resentment and fear’
- DU goes for online classes
- 2 girls commit suicide after failing in SSC exam
- Fierce protests in US: 3 protesters killed, 5 policemen shot
- 30 more test COVID-19 positive in Faridpur
- 3 of a family killed in Sirajganj road crash
- 9 including two nurses contract COVID-19 in Shariatpur
- Another policeman dies from coronavirus
- 1,256 more freedom fighters listed
- Illegal structures on govt canal
- SP greet 10 policemen after overcoming COVID-19 in Cumilla
- Bangladesh reports 1st Rohingya death in COVID-19 infection
- 3 incl lawyer, policeman die in Ctg
- PCR lab set up in Sheikh Fazilatunnessa hospital
- 90s popular musician Biplob now a taxi driver
- Abdul Halim named BSEC commissioner
- Fire at United Hospital: HC seeks report by Jun 14
- House owner fined as Aedes larvae found in building under-const
- 10 more UP chairmen-members suspended
- ACC director Basir’s bail plea rejected
- Imran pleas for lockdown-relax
- 1.5 crore families get govt relief
- DMP replaces three asst police commissioners
- Brutal murder story of Junko, who raped about 500 times in 44 day
- Laborer killed by overturning crane in Cumilla
- Hygiene not followed at bus terminals
- Abrar murder: Jion’s bail plea rejected
- Trade thru Bhomra land port resumes
- Gazipur reports 93 new infected cases
- All News »
- Noble made his wife Salsabil a model in music video
- Noble got married for 3rd time seven months ago!
- 4 cops charged for killing a black man in US
- 23 die, highest infection recorded in last 24 hrs
- Over 2000 infected in 24 hours, 15 dead
- 22 die, 1541 infected in last 24 hours
- Three killed as microbus falls into Munshiganj ditch
- Anandabazar editor Anirban Chattopadhyay resigns
- Record deaths, infections in 24 hours
- Karate coach Humayun Kabir Jewel dies
- Electronic mask developed to prevent coronavirus!
- Brazil’s COVID-19 deaths surge past Spain
- 1166 new infected in 24 hrs, 21 die
- Fire at United Hospital: 5 COVID-19 patients die
- Offices resume from May 31
- SSC-equivalent results published, pass 82.87 pc
- India backs hydroxychloroquine for coronavirus treatment
- Over 2000 infected in 24hrs, 22 dead
- Former national footballer Salauddin passes away
- Xi Jinping asks Chinese military to prepare for battle
- A thrilling operation by Police: 6 youths rescued from Sundarbans
- Record new cases in 24 hours, 37 dead
- 26 Bangladeshis shot dead in Libya
- Slain 26 Bangladeshis to be buried in Libya
- 1764 infected in 24 hours, 28 dead
- Happy birthday ‘Legendary Actor’ Humayun Faridi
- Music director Wajid Khan dies
- Mahathir expelled from party
- Hong Kong `no longer autonomous`: Pompeo
- Coronavirus case in country crosses 40,000