BNP foreigner complaint centric, not pro-people: Hasan
Published: 11:17 PM, 4 September 2019
Information Minister and Publicity and Publication Secretary of Bangladesh Awami League Dr Hasan Mahmud today said the politics of BNP boils down to complaints to foreigners instead of to the people of Bangladesh.
“The frequent solicitation against the county and appeal to foreign diplomats is nothing but tantamount to dishonoring the people,”
The Minister told journalists after inaugurating the first phase of Bangladesh-India Nazrul Conference -2019 at Zilla Shilpakola academy this evening.
The Minister said honorable court has cancelled the bail petition of Barrister Moinul Hossain and the matter is completely under judicial jurisdiction but definitely not political.
“Moinul Hossain has been sued on charges of harassment of a female journalist but BNP leaders complained about the issue to foreigners,” Hasan said.
The information minister accused Gono Forum leader Dr Kamal Hossain who is also an eminent lawyer of being engaged in similar activities instead of resorting to the courts.
He termed the incidents as regrettable saying this exposed their political bankruptcy.
Speaking about Begum Zia’s imprisonment Dr Hasan Mahmud said she was also convicted by the court and was not arrested on any political ground and she had the privilege of having a domestic help inside prison which is unprecedented in the history of the subcontinent.
Replying to a query of a journalist Dr Hasan Mahmud said Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina, a symbol of humanity gave shelter to Rohingyas on compassionate grounds but they are gradually getting involved in crime.
“They have become so violent that they have attacked and killed some locals and there is specific direction from the government not to give them NID cards and passports”, he said.
Paying tribute to national poet Kazi Nazrul Islam the Minister said Bangabandhu made independent Bangladesh in line with poet’s spirit of equality, fairness and justice.
“It was Bangabandhu who brought national poet and his family members backed to Bangladesh in 1972,” he said.
Freedom Fighter and General Secretary of Nazrul Academy, Dhaka Mintu Rahman presided over the function while former vice-chancellor of Kobi Nazrul University Professor Dr Mohit-Ul-Alam, Poet Rezauddin Stalin, Deputy Director, Nazrul Institute Dhaka and Netai Kumar Bhattacharjee, General Manager, Bangladesh Television Chattogram centre, among others, spoke at the inaugural function.
Earlier, Fahmida Rahman, general secretary of Nazrul Academy, Chattogram delivered her address of welcome.
- Winning start for Chattogram Abahani
- Kohli to miss T20I series over Bangladesh
- 11 Bangladeshis among 36 killed in Saudi road crash
- President flies to Japan Sunday
- Anti-Brexit activists march to parliament as MPs delay decision
- Siberian dam collapse kills 15
- Barcelona win to go top of La Liga
- Tasty ‘hog plum pickles’ recipe
- `Be prepared to prove yourself you are the best Hafez`
- Khulna need 108-run on final day
- Why you should eat Ginger every day
- European SolO probe ready to take on audacious mission
- Iraqi man charged over deaths of 350 Australia heading migrants
- Sharma, Rahane help India hit back after early wobble
- Nationwide protests erupt in Lebanon over impose tax on WhatsApp
- Misa-Moushumi vows to stand together
- Chile faces stormy protests over train ticket price hike
- Honduran president`s brother guilty of drug smuggling
- Exact time to charge phones
- Abrar murder chargesheet soon: HM
- BPL not the place to make a player: Shakib
- ‘Bangladesh to get highest assistance from WB’
- AL conference means new face: Quader
- 5000 cases filed over traffic irregularities
- Maxi López forgives and thanks Icardi for stealing wife
- RMF to support underprivileged children in Bangladesh
- Chicken soup in hotel style!
- Man now a newspaper hawker after 34yrs teaching
- City Bank MD alleged for sexual assault
- Body of elderly man recovered
- All News »
- Father killed child Tuhin, claim police
- Unseen ‘Miss World Bangladesh’ Rafah
- Child Tuhin murder: 2 relatives give statement
- Bangla TV to air Bangladesh-India match
- Brutality upon child Tuhin
- Sabila Nur gets married this month
- Now PUBG bans in Bangladesh
- Jubo League age decision at Ganabhaban: Quader
- PM urges UGC not to go beyond rules
- Typhoon Hagibis: Death toll rises to 68 in Japan
- Sunny, Al Amin recalled for India T20 series
- 35 pilgrims killed as bus crashes in Saudia Arabia
- Brutal murder of child: Case filed against 10
- Padma Bridge work progress 84 pc
- New labor laws in Qatar benefiting migrant workers
- Gold bars worth Tk 6.5cr recovered in Shah Amanat
- 3 including Indian national win Nobel Prize in Economics
- Japan keen to expand existing bilateral ties: Envoy
- Bangladesh becomes role model in disaster management: PM
- 2 pedestrians die after being hit by bus
- 3 women killed as truck hits human hauler
- Moushumi assaulted at BFDC
- Now father allegedly kills child in Faridpur
- Sourav Ganguly set to be president of BCCI
- BUET students’ call off protests
- PM for quick disposal of Abrar murder case
- Typhoon Hagibis: 11 killed in Japan
- Woman given ‘Talaq’ for alcohol, short dress!
- T20 World Cup Qualifier begins today
- ‘Fat Girl’ of sex video now the inspiration of ‘Olimpia Law’