BNP failed to handle 2 houses
Published: 10:47 PM, 5 November 2019
The BNP faces a tough challenge to handle the two parts of the alliance. The party is in great uncertainty about the future of the Jatiya Oikyafront and the 20-party alliance. The ultimatum for departure from the alliance and ill practices of the responsible frontline leaders of the alliance have made concerned the high command.
The BNP-led 20-party alliance has been able to create virtually no movement against the ruling Awami League government for more than a decade. Besides, the Jatiya Oikyafront formed by the BNP under the leadership of Kamal Hossain brought no success yet.
Different dramatic phenomena including the oath of the BNP and Oikyafront MPs, the departure of the Quader Siddiqui from Oikyafront, the ill practices in the politics as well as to each other, and new unrest among the front and alliance on various issues have accelerated the possibility of breaking down of the Oikyafront and the alliance.
Bangabir Quader Siddiqui left Jatiya Oikyafront amid the dissatisfaction over Dr. Kamal. Asked why he wanted to leave the Oikyafront, he said a lot of problems in the Oikyafront have risen after the 11th parliamentary election. The Oikyafront has been questioned by people for some activities in the aftermath. They couldn't move properly.
He added that they could not stand the families of the victims and the injured in the post-election violence. Last April 30, “We failed to mobilize in Shahbag. These things have made us transgressor to the people. People want to know the answer.”
Meanwhile, Andaliv Rahman Perth, the influential partner of the 20-party alliance, has already officially left the alliance, making a statement. The drop-off list includes several smaller parties, including the Labor Party. Moreover, the BNP's affiliation with Jamaat-e-Islami, the second largest partner of the 20-party alliance, was not going well with many issues.
In this case, the members of the Jatiya Oikyafront and the 20-party alliance think that the winners’ joining the parliament is a wrong decision.
They think the BNP has lost its political position by joining the parliament. The top leadership of the party did not feel the need to seek the opinion of the participants to decide to join the Parliament.
The coalition leaders complained that after the 11th parliamentary election, the result was rejected and decided to join the parliament, not to seek new elections. Through this, the parliament has been given legitimacy.
Apart from this, the BNP has become anti-front as usual. The actions of the 20-party alliance are nothing more than just consent, solidarity. Alliance leaders also complained that no one knows that the BNP will go to Parliament.
Chairman of Bangladesh Jatiya Party (BJP) Andaliv Rahman Perth said, "I could not accept the decision to join Parliament. If you cannot accept a decision, then it is right to come out. I'm away. '
He added, 'I am not outside the BNP. They should do well. I will talk about democracy; I will talk about people. '
One of the partners of the 20-party alliance, Bangladesh Kalyan Party general secretary MM Aminur Rahman, said the BNP has become closer to Jatiya Oikyafront bypassing the alliance. If the BNP feels that the 20 parties are unimportant, then the alliance should be declared void. What is the profit by keeping only a nominal alliance?
According to political analysts, BNP has been in crisis due to the high level of solidarity with the Jatiya Oikyafront and disregard for the 20 party alliance. They think, Jatiya Oikyafront leader Dr. Kamal is underestimating the BNP, while on the other hand, alliance partners are leaving 20 parties because of their extreme solidarity with Jatiya Oikyafront. In all, the BNP is going through a worse time than ever.
In this regard, political scientist Emazuddin Ahmed said that alliances were formed under the leadership of major parties on political, financial and personal interests related to the election of the Parliament. These alliances have no ideological mission. The real goal is to attain power. At one point in the bargaining, the alliance becomes inactive while the small party doesn’t get benefit from the big parties that they expect.
- Myanmar failed to provide evidence against Rohingya genocide
- Wheelchair cricketers eyeing to win title
- PM asks public servants to stay alert about graft, bribery
- Khulna to field against Chattogram
- DC’s gift to freedom fighters door
- Recruitment test of BB Officer General Dec 27
- Rajshahi secures comfortable victory against Dhaka
- 13 arrested over Rooppur pillow scam
- Kumar Bishwajit’s mother passes away
- Foreign Minister’s India visit postponed
- Lawsuits against 135 including Fakhrul-Rizvi
- ASEAN disappointed over Myanmar’s genocide defending speech
- Cough remedy by natural syrup
- Dhaka set 135 for Rajshahi
- Ali Ajgar’s generosity for poor people
- Rain suspends play in Rawalpindi Test
- Appellate Division rejects Khaleda’s bail plea
- Today’s Sports on TV
- 33 detained in anti-narcotic drive
- Myanmar state counselor titles ‘Rohingya genocide’ as minor issue
- Myanmar admits the army used excessive force on Rohingya
- Rohingyas’ acute detest on Myanmar
- ‘Brutal massacre of Myanmar against Rohingya should be stopped’
- ‘Tragedies shouldn’t be heard at Hague’
- Myanmar people demo against state counselor
- US expects good result from ICJ: Miller
- Man accused in 13 cases killed in gunfight
- Keraniganj factory fire: Death toll climbs to 9
- Tight security at court premises
- Khaleda Zia’s bail hearing today
- All News »
- Salman-Katrina arrive Dhaka
- Bangladeshi student secures top position in Bar at law
- Tahsan marry to Shaon!
- Srijit-Mithila’s wedding today
- Three TV channels to broadcast BPL opening ceremony live
- Mithila’s name changed after wedding
- Salman-Katrina to inebriate BPL stage
- Srijit-Mithila’s honeymoon picture goes viral
- Mithila tie knot with Srijit
- Rumpa’s ‘boyfriend’ Saikat on 4-day remand
- Romantic song featuring Siam-Pori Moni’s chemistry!
- 4 killed in Florida police shootout over armed robbery
- Miss South Africa crowns Miss Universe 2019
- Salman pays tributes to Bangabandhu
- Rights groups call for Myanmar boycott
- Mithila-Srijit’s honeymoon to Switzerland
- France shuts down: Mass strike hits trains, Eiffel Tower
- 58 dead as migrant boat sinks off Mauritania coast
- 3 of same family incl couple killed in Tangail road crash
- North Korea conducts ‘very important test’
- Pele’s last Brazil jersey sells for 30,000 euros in Italy
- Storm over new black hole issue
- Just 3 days ‘Tui Ki Amar Hobi Re’ crossed 1 million
- Holy Fateha-e-Yazdaham today
- `Miss Pakistan` killed in a car crash
- Sun yields its secrets to Parker Solar Probe
- Chile military plane disappears with 38 aboard
- Polio returns to haunt Malaysia after 27 yrs
- US tightens sanctions on Myanmar army chief
- Grand opening ceremony of BPL today