BNP announces 7-day fresh programmes
Published: 06:39 PM, 22 April 2018
Bangladesh Nationalist Party (BNP) and its associate bodies announced a week-long programme from on Sunday demanding release of its Chairperson Khaleda Zia from jail.
Under the programme, Dhaka north city unit of BNP led by Secretary General Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir brought out a procession in front of Hossian Market in the capital’s Badda area today.
The north and south city units of BNP will stage demonstrations in the capital tomorrow, the party’s Senior Joint Secretary General Rizvi Ahmed said at a press briefing at its Nayapaltan headquarters.
The party will form a human chain Dhaka on Wednesday. The time and venue for holding the programme will be announced later.
Apart from this, Jatiyatabadi Chhatra Dal, the student wing of the BNP, will stage demonstrations across the country, including Dhaka, on Thursday while Doa mahfils will be held in different mosques all over the country after Juma prayers on Friday, seeking Khaleda`s release from jail and for her early recovery.
Jatiyatabadi Jubo Dal and Jatiyatabadi Swechchhasebak Dal will also stage demonstrations in Dhaka and other parts of the country on Saturday and Sunday.
BNP’s labour wing JatiyatabadiSramik Dal will hold a rally at historic Suhrawardy Udyan in the city on May 1, marking the May Day.
BNP’s Secretary General Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir was present at the programme.
On February 8, Khaleda was sent to Old Dhaka Central Jail after a special court sentenced her to five years` rigorous imprisonment in the Zia Orphanage Trust graft case.
- 52 areas of Capital locked down
- Spain records 743 more coronavirus deaths today
- Emergency telehealth service to launch for BU students
- Coronavirus infection tops 1.4 mn; death toll surging to 80,000
- 6 families in Ctg put in quarantine
- Narayanganj lockdown
- Why today’s Supermoon `pink`
- 170 families on voluntary lockdown in Dinajpur
- Coronavirus death toll tops 78,000
- Japan declares state of emergency amid coronavirus
- Lockdown to be extended in India
- Jagdal UP in Magura announced lockdown
- ‘Majed’s death sentence after completing formalities’
- Narsingdi coronavirus infected youth in isolation
- Wages to be paid by April 16: Commerce Minister
- RAB fined 50 for reasonless roaming in capital
- Edu institutions to remain closed till Eid holidays
- 3 houses under lockdown in Lakshmipur
- Trains to turn into hospitals in India
- 3 held with 17-kg weed in Brahmanbaria
- Farmer electrocuted to death in Mymensingh
- Youth killed in Dinajpur road crash
- IPL can hold in October-November!
- MP of Narsingdi distributes food items among 1,500 families
- 2 youths provide 7 days’ food to 150
- Ferdous living with kids separately from wife
- District council stands by 5000 families in Gazipur
- 16 samples collected from Kurigram
- FIFA U20 Women`s World Cup postponed
- UP member held with govt reliefs in Natore
- All News »
- Fishermen killed dolphin in Cox’s Bazar
- Coronavirus death toll passes 50,000
- Corona death toll crosses 40,000; infected over .8 million
- Sylhet records 1st coronavirus case
- Army to go tough from today
- Padma Bridge’s last pillar work completed
- BTV bringing back Humayun Ahmed’s ‘Bohubrihi’ ‘Kothao Keu Nei’
- Italy coronavirus death toll surpass 12,000
- Death toll passes 42,000 worldwide
- PM declares action plan to combat COVID-19 today
- 2 more coronavirus cases detected, raising total to 51
- 5 more test positive for coronavirus, raising total to 61
- Fire at Karwan Bazar
- Salman Khan`s nephew Abdullah dies at 38
- 11 in Mirpur, 9 in Bashabo contract from coronavirus
- Indian-origin South African HIV researcher dies from coronavirus
- Coronavirus: New symptom heart attack
- Bangabandhu’s killer Abdul Majed held
- Huawei records $123 billion revenue growth in 2019
- Soldiers get urgent medical equips from Army Aviation
- Wimbledon cancelled for first time since World War II
- US experienced highest death record in a day
- Case filed for ‘Genda Phool’!
- Ban on public transport extended till April 11
- 13-year-old dies of coronavirus in London
- Coronavirus test in Rangpur Medical begins
- 2 more coronavirus cases detected, raising total to 56
- Prince Charles recovers from coronavirus
- 9 more diagnosed with coronavirus, raising total to 70
- Philippines ambassador to Lebanon dies of coronavirus