BNP announces 7-day fresh programmes
Published: 06:39 PM, 22 April 2018
Bangladesh Nationalist Party (BNP) and its associate bodies announced a week-long programme from on Sunday demanding release of its Chairperson Khaleda Zia from jail.
Under the programme, Dhaka north city unit of BNP led by Secretary General Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir brought out a procession in front of Hossian Market in the capital’s Badda area today.
The north and south city units of BNP will stage demonstrations in the capital tomorrow, the party’s Senior Joint Secretary General Rizvi Ahmed said at a press briefing at its Nayapaltan headquarters.
The party will form a human chain Dhaka on Wednesday. The time and venue for holding the programme will be announced later.
Apart from this, Jatiyatabadi Chhatra Dal, the student wing of the BNP, will stage demonstrations across the country, including Dhaka, on Thursday while Doa mahfils will be held in different mosques all over the country after Juma prayers on Friday, seeking Khaleda`s release from jail and for her early recovery.
Jatiyatabadi Jubo Dal and Jatiyatabadi Swechchhasebak Dal will also stage demonstrations in Dhaka and other parts of the country on Saturday and Sunday.
BNP’s labour wing JatiyatabadiSramik Dal will hold a rally at historic Suhrawardy Udyan in the city on May 1, marking the May Day.
BNP’s Secretary General Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir was present at the programme.
On February 8, Khaleda was sent to Old Dhaka Central Jail after a special court sentenced her to five years` rigorous imprisonment in the Zia Orphanage Trust graft case.
- WC: Bangladesh meets Australia today
- Robber killed in Fatullah gunfight
- Youth killed in Mohammadpur gunfight
- Sohel Taj’s nephew rescued
- Williamson ton, Grandhomme power New Zealand in thriller
- Ex-hockey captain Ibrahim Saber passes away
- Bangladeshis stuck off Tunisia disembark
- Naogaon youth admits to raping girl after killing her mother
- 3 twin sisters of Mymensingh rescued
- UN expert blames Saudi for Khasuggi Killing
- 4 charged with murder over downing of MH17
- Bangladesh achieves fastest growth in Asia-Pacific
- Use your phone as a robot to avoid boring work !
- Dhaka Abahani thrash Manang Marshyangdhi 5-0
- Monkeys face climate change extinction threat
- Dubai’s Quranic Park landscape to express story of Islam!
- PCB to review cricket side, support personnel`s performance
- Upbeat Tigers take on Australia tomorrow
- SC upholds HC order on minimum age for FF
- UNO to get Pajero worth Tk 90 lakh
- Bangladesh sets global model in cutting poverty says PM in JS
- World No Tobacco Day tomorrow
- New Zealand restrict South Africa to 241
- Colorful pictures emblazon schools environment
- Govt will identify 30 lakh martyrs: PM
- Hilsa’s abundance in Padma-Meghna
- Quader asks to form new committees before national council
- 108th birth anniversary of poet Sufia Kamal tomorrow
- India opener Dhawan out of World Cup
- Govt to introduce health insurance for all: PM
- All News »
- Apurba’s younger brother commits suicide
- Akash of N’ganj made Lamborghini!
- Uber driver’s slit-throat body found in Uttara
- Shakib, Liton star as Tigers beat Windies
- Ex-Sonagazi OC Moazzem held
- Oil tanker collision in Chattogram port, closes vessels movement
- PM orders for professional skill based promotion of army men
- 53 children die in India from brain disease linked to lychee
- England wins beating Windies
- Finance Minister starts unveiling budget
- BGB man killed by lightning strike
- Myanmar buying weapons despite int’l arms embargoes
- ‘Lack of harvesting laborers results of employment opportunities’
- Tigers won toss, bowl first
- Probe report submission deferred again
- College girl torched in Narsingdi, 1 held
- Gayle falls for duck!
- Tk 5,23,190cr budget for FY20 unveils in Parliament
- ‘Rohingya crisis may destabilise Asia if not resolved’
- Cigarette, bidi prices go up in Budget FY20
- Bangladesh informs UN about Myanmar’s non-cooperation
- Facing measles outbreaks, NY bans religious vaccination exemption
- Caribbeans set 322-run target for Tigers
- England beat Afghanistan by 150 runs
- Australia won by 87 runs
- Most-detailed-ever; black hole mystery disclosure
- Public exam pass marks 40, no GPA 5
- Uday Hakim joins risingbd as Advisory Editor
- RAB revealed mystery of Sensational Shakib murder
- Suspect pleads not guilty to all 92 charges