BNP announces 7-day fresh programmes
Published: 06:39 PM, 22 April 2018
Bangladesh Nationalist Party (BNP) and its associate bodies announced a week-long programme from on Sunday demanding release of its Chairperson Khaleda Zia from jail.
Under the programme, Dhaka north city unit of BNP led by Secretary General Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir brought out a procession in front of Hossian Market in the capital’s Badda area today.
The north and south city units of BNP will stage demonstrations in the capital tomorrow, the party’s Senior Joint Secretary General Rizvi Ahmed said at a press briefing at its Nayapaltan headquarters.
The party will form a human chain Dhaka on Wednesday. The time and venue for holding the programme will be announced later.
Apart from this, Jatiyatabadi Chhatra Dal, the student wing of the BNP, will stage demonstrations across the country, including Dhaka, on Thursday while Doa mahfils will be held in different mosques all over the country after Juma prayers on Friday, seeking Khaleda`s release from jail and for her early recovery.
Jatiyatabadi Jubo Dal and Jatiyatabadi Swechchhasebak Dal will also stage demonstrations in Dhaka and other parts of the country on Saturday and Sunday.
BNP’s labour wing JatiyatabadiSramik Dal will hold a rally at historic Suhrawardy Udyan in the city on May 1, marking the May Day.
BNP’s Secretary General Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir was present at the programme.
On February 8, Khaleda was sent to Old Dhaka Central Jail after a special court sentenced her to five years` rigorous imprisonment in the Zia Orphanage Trust graft case.
- Afghanistan mosque bombing kills 62
- Nadeem joins India squad for Ranchi Test
- Sheikh Russel’s 56th birthday observed
- Death sentence for humiliation of the Holy Quran
- Turkey-led strikes kill 14 civilians in northeast Syria
- Workshop on IT awareness for female students held at DU
- Aligarh University Prof meets DU VC
- KUET admission test held peacefully
- At least 28 killed in Afghan mosque blast
- Semolina’s rasmalai!
- NASA astronauts Koch and Meir in all-women spacewalk
- Education programs runing on tide
- UN welcomes Turkey`s ceasefire decision
- FM calls upon German investment in Bangladesh
- Surge success of Urmi
- Bangladesh maintains all-win run beating Faroe Islands 3-1
- 6 foods that damaging your kidneys
- Bangabandhu Film City will be world class: Hasan
- NCL coaches terminated for not playing leg spinner
- New labor laws in Qatar benefiting migrant workers
- Saif hits double ton, Imrul 93
- 17 fishermen jailed for catching hilsa
- Artist Kalidas Karmakar dies
- 35 arrested in anti-drug drive
- Culvert, the last reliance
- 2 children drown in Narail
- Now PUBG bans in Bangladesh
- Tahsan not ‘celebrating’ Birthday...
- Singapore beat Scotland in T20 WC qualifiers
- US imposes record $7.5 billion tariffs on European goods
- All News »
- Father killed child Tuhin, claim police
- Unseen ‘Miss World Bangladesh’ Rafah
- Child Tuhin murder: 2 relatives give statement
- Abrar murder: First confession by Ifti
- Bangla TV to air Bangladesh-India match
- Zion gives 2nd confessional statement in Abrar murder case
- Brutality upon child Tuhin
- Sabila Nur gets married this month
- PM urges UGC not to go beyond rules
- Brutal murder of child: Case filed against 10
- Sunny, Al Amin recalled for India T20 series
- 35 pilgrims killed as bus crashes in Saudia Arabia
- Typhoon Hagibis: Death toll rises to 68 in Japan
- Padma Bridge work progress 84 pc
- 3 including Indian national win Nobel Prize in Economics
- Abrar murder: Amit, Toha on 5-day remand
- Bangladesh becomes role model in disaster management: PM
- Japan keen to expand existing bilateral ties: Envoy
- Gold bars worth Tk 6.5cr recovered in Shah Amanat
- The king who rose from the dead
- The female Pharaoh who ruled by wearing false beards
- Jubo League age decision at Ganabhaban: Quader
- Moushumi assaulted at BFDC
- BUET students’ call off protests
- MBBS admission test today
- PM for quick disposal of Abrar murder case
- Woman given ‘Talaq’ for alcohol, short dress!
- 2 pedestrians die after being hit by bus
- Sourav Ganguly set to be president of BCCI
- Now PUBG bans in Bangladesh