BJSC-BUP Sangsad Pres Soumik, GS Kona
Published: 09:58 PM, 8 December 2019
Ashikur Rahman Soumik and Mahmuda Yasmin Kona have been elected as President and General Secretary (GS) of Bangladesh University of Professionals (BUP) Sangsad of Bangladesh Journalism Students’ Council (BJSC) an organization of students of all the universities of Bangladesh studying in the journalism department.
The central committee President Gazi Mohammad Hirak and General Secretary Jabid Hasan Fahim approved the new committee of 29 members for the 2019-2020 member session. The committee will serve for the next year.
The newly-elected president Ashikur Rahman Soumik and general secretary Mahmuda Yasmin Kona are both studying in the third year of Mass Communication and Journalism department.
After the announcement new president, Ashikur Rahman thanked all members of the Central Committee of the Bangladesh Journalism Student Council and BJSC.
Ashikur Rahman said, “I am very happy and grateful to be appointed as the President of the BJSC-BUP Sangsad. Greetings to all that I may perform the duties bestowed upon me”.
He added that “I am very thankful to the Central Committee of the Bangladesh Journalism Student Council (BJSC)”.
General Secretary Mahmuda Yasmin Kona said, “I am grateful to all the members of the BJSC central committee for appointing me as the general secretary of the BJSC-BUP Sangsad. Through the representation of the BJSC-BUP Sangsadin all activities and the opportunity to further enrich this Sangsad, I am proud and wish everyone the best.
The Bangladesh Journalism Students’ Council (BJSC) began its journey on November 13, 2015. Holding the slogan “ Ekotai Bal, Jogajog e Sombol” the organization has been conducting various constructive work with students in the journalism department of universities across the country. The organization has already received much acclaim through its activities.
- Copa del Rey: Barca to face Ibiza tonight
- BNP is a failed political party: Quader
- 2 held over ‘rape’ of girl in N’ganj
- Srijit was hot-headed before marriage: Raima
- Ishita sings with son
- 11 held with marijuana-cash in Bhairab
- Facebook to boost site safety with 1,000 more UK staff
- Tigers’ Pak T20 series rescheduled
- Newborn baby found wrapped in lungi
- No alternative to eating alone to lose weight!
- Coronavirus: Everything you need to know
- 2 Indian soldiers killed in Kashmir gunfight
- Three-way traffic collision kills 4 in Keraniganj
- Child drowned in Faridpur
- Homemade way to blacken hair
- National Science and Technology Week begins in Gopalganj
- Illegal establishments abolished in Singair
- 68,000 families to get disaster-resistant home in Mujib Year
- De Kock to lead SA ODI team
- Baby dies after drowning in Faridpur
- Debtor stabbed farmer for Tk 200
- Bride’s mother elopes with groom’s father
- U-19 WC: Junior Tigers reach quarterfinals
- 2 detained with Indian cows in Roumari border
- Locals block road in protest of eve-teasing in Sunamganj
- 5 members of ‘Malam Party’ arrested
- Mushy placed in T20 innings of the year
- Duke of Sussex to start new chapter in Canada
- 2 crushed under train in Joypurhat
- Bird fair at Jahangirnagar University Friday
- All News »
- BPL`s Man of the tournament winners
- Ticket price of BPL final increased
- Youth killed in road crash after returning home 24 yrs later
- ‘All coaching centers to remain shut from Jan 25’
- Video of man hugging, kissing pride of lions goes viral
- Dhaka city elections deferred to Feb 1
- Jashore car accident kills 3 including 2 sisters
- 32% work of Bangabandhu Novo Theatre in Rajshahi completed
- 28 institutes named after Bangabandhu and family members
- Pakistan snowfall death toll rises to 104
- Russell hero as Rajshahi through final
- Cox’s Bazar-St. Martin ship to be launched February
- Apu Biswas to rock two shows in India
- Bangabandhu BPL trophy arrives
- Man suicides killing 4 in Maulvibazar: Story revealed
- Ijtema ends seeking global peace, unity
- MP Abdul Mannan passes away
- Flight operations at HSIA still halted today
- Khulna faces Rajshahi in BPL final today
- 39 killed in intense fighting in Syria’s Idlib
- New complexity in primary teacher recruitment
- Actress Ishrat Nishat passes away
- Bangladesh on right track to attain SDGs: PM
- Verdict in Myanmar genocide case Jan 23
- Lawmaker Abdul Mannan in ICU
- Bus-ambulance collision kills 2 in Rangpur
- Gabtoli turmoil after throwing eggs
- Top 5 batsmen in Bangabandhu BPL
- China’s new virus likely to spread around
- Arrest warrant against Prothom Alo Editor