BIMOX 2nd edition expo-2019 begins
Published: 10:24 PM, 20 September 2019
The Second edition of Bangladesh International Marine and Offshore Expo (BIMOX), 2019 kicked off at the International Convention City Bashundhara (ICCB) of the capital on Thursday.
Commerce minister Tipu Munshi inaugurated the exhibition through a video message.
The minister said that a number of booths from different parts of the world are accommodated and showcasing their products in the exhibition.
"Our local maritime and offshore industry entrepreneurs will get more updates by witnessing the technologies and machineries are being presented in the exhibition," he also said.
Tipu Munshi also added that there will have a seminar and dialogue where ship safety and ship building with the participation of maritime experts across the country that would provide effective guidance on improving of the quality of maritime industries.
Savor International with an international alliance with Fireworks Trade Media Group of Singapore organized the second edition of the exhibition in the capital.
The exhibition that will continue from September 19 to 21 where would be showcased ship building, ship repairs, shipping, maritime engineering, offshore engineering and technology, ship breaking equipment, ship recycling, offshore, oil and gas support, fishing vessels and fishery.
In the exhibition, Companies from around 14 different counties including Bangladesh will exhibit their products, technologies, and services in more than 160 booths.
Director General of shipping department Commodore Syed Ariful Islam, senior vice-president of BCCCI, ATM Azizul Hakim David, president of association of export oriented Ship Building Industries Bangladesh Abdullahel Bari, founder and co-founder of Fireworks Trade Media Group Singapore Kenny Yong and Susan Tricia, managing director of Savor International Md Faizul Islam and others spoke on the occasion.
- ‘Abominable’ won’t be screened in Malaysia over S. China Sea map
- India, Pakistan exchange fire in Kashmir, killing 9
- Brexit will happen on Oct. 31
- Bangladesh Army Volleyball competition concludes
- Chile paralyzed after three die in protest violence
- Young Elephants of Laos humiliate Mohun Bagan
- Laxman, Smith picks Tamim, Shakib in their dream XI
- 1,34,625 HA land under T-Aman cultivation in Netrokona
- People aren’t responding to Oikya Front’s call: Hasan
- President reaches Singapore en route to Japan
- 1st scientific congress on NCDs kicks off in city
- DU ‘A’ unit admission test result postponed
- Jubo League chairman Omar Faruq fired
- Saifuddin to miss T20 series in India
- PM receives Russian translated books on Bangabandhu-Sheikh Hasina
- Pearl over 8 thousand-yrs old found in UAE
- Four to die for murder in Faridpur
- DIG Bajlur of JD arrested for possessing illegal money
- Rohit`s 212 put India on top
- Bhola Clash: BGB’s quick deploy by helicopter
- 4 killed in cops-mob clash following facebook post
- Khulna beat Rajshahi in NCL 2nd round
- BCB to issue T-Ten NOC through talks
- Auto-driver killed after being hit by pickup
- Investigations are being made about many others: Quader
- Samad succeeds in farming vegetables in fisheries farms
- 13.05% pass DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test
- 9 addl judges appointed to HC
- Weather may remain mainly dry
- Son hacked mother to death
- All News »
- Father killed child Tuhin, claim police
- Child Tuhin murder: 2 relatives give statement
- Bangla TV to air Bangladesh-India match
- Brutality upon child Tuhin
- Now father allegedly kills child in Faridpur
- 3 women killed as truck hits human hauler
- Sabila Nur gets married this month
- Now PUBG bans in Bangladesh
- Jubo League age decision at Ganabhaban: Quader
- Brutal murder of child: Case filed against 10
- PM urges UGC not to go beyond rules
- Typhoon Hagibis: Death toll rises to 68 in Japan
- Abrar murder chargesheet soon: HM
- Sunny, Al Amin recalled for India T20 series
- 35 pilgrims killed as bus crashes in Saudia Arabia
- Padma Bridge work progress 84 pc
- New labor laws in Qatar benefiting migrant workers
- Gold bars worth Tk 6.5cr recovered in Shah Amanat
- Japan keen to expand existing bilateral ties: Envoy
- 3 including Indian national win Nobel Prize in Economics
- Moushumi assaulted at BFDC
- Sourav Ganguly set to be president of BCCI
- Bangladesh becomes role model in disaster management: PM
- DU ‘Ka’, ‘Cha’ unit admission test results tomorrow
- 2 pedestrians die after being hit by bus
- Typhoon Hagibis: 11 killed in Japan
- PM for quick disposal of Abrar murder case
- Siddik has relations with multiple girls, alleges wife Mim
- BUET students’ call off protests
- T20 World Cup Qualifier begins today