BGB observing Martyrs’ Day
Published: 10:59 AM, 25 February 2019 Updated: 03:39 PM, 25 February 2019
Border Guard Bangladesh (BGB) is observing the Martyrs’ Day today with due solemnity, commemorating the army officers killed in the Pilkhana BDR carnage in 2009.
Marking the day, the BGB is going to organize Quran Khwani, doa and milad mahfil at all regions, sectors, institutions, and units including the Pilkhana headquarters, said a BGB press release here yesterday.
The representatives of the president and prime minister, the home minister, chiefs of three armed forces, public security secretary of the home ministry and BGB director general are supposed to place floral wreaths at the Banani military graveyard.
On Tuesday, a special prayer and milad mahfil will be held at Pilkhana central mosque at 4:45 pm seeking salvation of the departed souls of the Pilkhana tragedy martyrs.
Home Minister Asaduzzaman Khan will be present in the milad mahfil as the chief guest while home affairs secretary, BGB director general, relatives of the martyrs and all officers of the BGB headquarters will attend the programme.
On February 25-26, 2009, a group of relegated members of the then Bangladesh Rifles (BDR) killed 74 people including 57 army officers at the Pilkhana headquarters of the paramilitary force
- Coronavirus scary: Samsung`s factory closed
- Today’s sports on TV
- Bus kills 9 months’ kid with mum
- Coronavirus Global survey: 2363 died, 78 thousand infected
- Father shots lightning bird, son takes responsibility to cure
- AL leader shot dead in Bandarban
- 2 drug traders held in Dinajpur
- Teenager electrocuted in Chakaria
- Top terrorist Zisan’s close aide Shakil held
- Worshiping Trump’s idol!
- FBCCI favor trade with China continues
- Naeem credits Taijul for his success
- ‘Very enthusiastic people aggravating coronavirus’
- Harsh condition of healthcare in Sarankhola
- Elderly man killed in Noakhali road accident
- Cristiano Ronaldo set to make 1,000th
- Shakib Khan’s new actress Salwa!
- Elderly man killed in tractor-nachimon collision
- Nirbhaya case convicts to be hanged on March 3
- Bangladesh emerges as self-dignified country under Sheikh Hasina
- Road reformed with kerosene spray!
- Daulatdia brothel gets namaz-e-janaza for third time
- Sammy to receive honorary citizenship of Pakistan
- Schoolgirl takes poison for lover’s weeding
- Sri Lanka win by 1 wicket in vacillate 1st ODI
- Ryanair boss criticized for Muslim profiling comments
- Maulana Mehmood Madani to visit Dhaka
- Sufi Mizan: A hawker for social service
- Bangabandhu Book Corner for all primary schools
- Pension within 3-day of bill submission
- All News »
- 8 of a family burnt in N’ganj gas burner explosion
- Excellent puzzled day after 808 yrs
- Korea to provide scanners to diagnose coronavirus to Bangladesh
- Good news to honey farmers
- Amar Ekushey and International Mother Language Day today
- Coronavirus: 10,844 discharged from hospital
- 25-km tailback on Bangabandhu Bridge as toll plaza closed
- Actor Tapas Paul passes away
- 1st coach of Metro rail arrived
- Coronavirus: Death toll rises to 1666
- Father of cut-copy-paste dies
- Srijit’s anger over Tahsan
- ‘Returnee from China-Singapore doesn’t mean coronavirus infected’
- Bangladesh wants Qatar`s support for Rohingya repatriation
- CUET student Tahmid dies
- Coronavirus death toll crosses 2000
- Kidney Specialist without certificate!
- 19 case accused killed in two groups’ gunfight
- Ivanka Trump wears hijab for mosque visit
- Man City, Man United, Inter Milan to play today
- Mother with dead daughter in VR show
- Technical students to get more financial assistance: PM
- BUET avoids combined admission test
- Coronavirus: Elderly and sick are most at risk
- 14 children among 22 killed in Cameroon massacre
- Wuhan hospital chief dies of coronavirus
- Israeli soldiers duped by Hamas
- 3 children among 4 dead in ‘horrific’ Australia car fire
- Padma Bridge’s 25th span to be installed on Language Day
- Corona in Singapore: Another Bangladeshi identified