BEZA to launch one-stop service center in January
Published: 10:33 PM, 28 December 2018 Updated: 10:33 PM, 28 December 2018
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Bangladesh Economic Zone Authority (BEZA) is set to formally launch its ‘One Stop Service (OSS) Centre’ in January aiming to providing all the necessary services to the investors of the economic zones in a single window.
“BEZA is now providing 11 services under the OSS Centre. We’ll formally inaugurate the Centre in January since all preparations have been taken in this regard,” BEZA Executive Chairman Paban Chowdhury the correspondent.
The ‘One Stop Service Act’ has already been enacted and the rules for the One-Stop Service have been prepared, he said, adding that software for the OSS Centre is being developed with support from the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA).
JICA has developed the OSS Centre under the ‘Project for Promoting Investment and Enhancing Industrial Competitiveness in Bangladesh’.
Paban said Bangladesh will enter into a new era by introduction of the full-fledged ‘One Stop Service’ so that the country can make a positive change in the ‘Ease of Doing Business’.
“The potential investors would get all other necessary permissions, including permissions of various utility services like power, gas, water and telephone from the Centre, for starting a business here,” he added.
The one-stop service Centre will bring down significantly the time in getting utility services, the BEZA chief said, claiming that an investor would get power connection in 21 days while the construction permit by 37 days.
Describing the one-stop service as a web-based one, he said previously investors had to apply physically and go to door-to-door of all service providers to get permissions for getting utility connections and other services.
“With the launching of the one stop service centre, investors can apply through a single web-based application. They can also track the progress of their applications online,” he said.
Under the Bangladesh Economic Zones Act 2010, BEZA had been established to set up Economic Zones (EZs) in the country’s potential areas. BEZA is implementing a plan to establish 100 EZs by 2030 on 75,000 acres of land to fetch more investment as well as create employment for one crore people and increasing export earnings.
The broad objectives of BEZA are structural transformation of the country’s economy through attracting Foreign Direct Investment (FDI), diversifying export, promoting skill development, sharing knowledge, generating employment, ensuring dynamic benefits for the domestic industry, and social and environmental sustainability.
BEZA is playing a regulatory role in establishing EZs. BEZA is appointing developers under the Public Private Partnership (PPP) model to develop the EZs. Private sector is also establishing EZs by taking license from BEZA.
- Shakib removes Gulbadin, Nabi in same over
- Stocks perform mixed on higher transactions
- Mosaddek gets Hashmatullah 2 down for AFG
- AL has been strengthened by attack: Sheikh Hasina
- Shakib strikes his first over
- Russell ruled out of World Cup with injury
- Mushfiqur, Shakib takes Bangladesh to 262
- Arrest warrant issued against Mila
- Shakib first Bangladeshi to 1000 WC runs
- 7.3-magnitude quake hits Indonesia, no tsunami threat
- Nabi gets Tamim 2 down for Bangladesh
- Bangladesh lose Liton early
- HC seeks info on unfit vehicles and drivers
- 14 killed as India tent collapses during religious gathering
- JCD factions clash at Nayapaltan, cocktails blast
- Tigers to bat first after losing toss
- Argentina beat Qatar to qualify for last eight
- Rail communication to be normal by evening: Secy
- Happy birthday to football magician Messi
- 14th span of Padma Bridge to be installed Jun 28
- Heat wave may continue and spread
- Habiganj municipality by-election underway
- Kulaura train crash: Three deceased identified
- Bogura-6 by-election underway
- Death toll rises to 5 in Kulaura train crash
- Pirate leader killed in gunfight
- "Huge" blast rocks military hospital in Pakistan
- Tigers face Afghanistan today
- Train crash: 4-member probe committee formed
- Four killed in Kulaura train crash
- All News »
- Shakib, Liton star as Tigers beat Windies
- World population to increase 2 bn by 2050: UN report
- AL to make it`s 70th anniversary memorable
- Tigers won toss, bowl first
- Public exam pass marks 40, no GPA 5
- Gayle falls for duck!
- Probe report submission deferred again
- Bangladesh achieves fastest growth in Asia-Pacific
- Mushfiqur`s ton in vain as Bangladesh lost to Australia
- Caribbeans set 322-run target for Tigers
- None can escape creating sabotage: HM
- England beat Afghanistan by 150 runs
- Europe’s oldest person ‘Nonna Peppa’ died at 116
- RAB revealed mystery of Sensational Shakib murder
- ‘Nani’ providing health care on cycle at 92
- No exempt, although it is MP-Minister’s house: Rezaul
- UNHCR envoy Miyavi hoped Rohingya crisis’ quick solve
- 3 farmers killed in Natore road crash
- Moazzem produced before Cyber Crime Tribunal
- Ex-MP Rana gets bail
- Bangladesh to face West Indies today
- BD female pilots become paragons for Congolese women
- Ruling party gibes on BNP maiden day
- PM inaugurates environment fair, tree plantation campaign & tree fair
- Extremists use religion to create fascism: Monirul
- Ijtema photo wins National Geographic prize
- Boat capsizes at Sadarghat: two minors’ body recovered
- Kohli breaks Sachin Tendulkar’s record
- Shakib enters 6000-run club in ODI
- 2 female RMG workers’ bodies recovered in Ashulia