BD up 6 notches on global terrorism index
Published: 05:19 PM, 22 February 2020 Updated: 07:40 PM, 22 February 2020
Monirul Islam, chief of Counter Terrorism and Transnational Crime (CTTC) unit of DMP
Bangladesh has made six notches to improve the Global Terrorism Index where the country now ranks at number 31 in the ‘Global Terrorism Index 2019’.
Monirul Islam, chief of Counter Terrorism and Transnational Crime (CTTC) unit of DMP, disclosed the information at a press conference with the media at the Jatiya Press Club on Saturday.
He said, “Bangladesh has dropped six places to number 31 from the risk of terrorism in the Global Terrorism Index.”
For this reason, he urged the print and electronic media of Bangladesh to be careful in the fight against extremism or terrorism.
The Global Terrorism Index (GTI) — a report published annually by the Institute for Economics and Peace (IEP) — that provides an overview of the global trends in terrorism and a summary of patterns since 2000
In November last year, the Sydney-based IEP published the Global Terrorism Index 2019. The Global Terrorism Index is made on the situation of 163 countries based on 23 qualitative and quantitative indicators. The population of these countries is 99.7 percent of the world’s total population, the report mentioned.
In this report, Bangladesh’s position improved to 31 and the score is 5.208. That is, the impact of terrorism in this country is moderate.
Bangladesh was ranked 25th in the index of 2018. Bangladesh was the 21st in the previous year. That is, Bangladesh is steadily improving in combating terrorism. Overall, Bangladesh’s progress is the highest among South Asian countries.
Bangladesh was the fourth of the seven countries excluding the Maldives where Nepal is ahead of Bangladesh (34th on the global list), Sri Lanka (55th), and Bhutan (137th), according to the report about the situation in South Asian Terrorism.
- Coronavirus death toll rise to 36,912, infected over .76m
- Coronavirus claims over 1200 lives in just 3 hours
- China stays with Bangladesh in war against coronavirus
- Woman dies of dyspnoea, all family members in quarantine
- PM calls 12 ministers-secretaries
- Rice at Tk 30, flour at Tk 18
- Netanyahu in self-isolation after aide tests corona-positive
- Singer Fahmida Nabi in house-arrest in London
- Reason of German minister’s suicide unveiled
- 2 killed in Naogaon road crash
- Indefinite hat-bazar shutdown in Barguna
- Tea-worker family in Quarantine in Kamolganj
- Test your coronavirus infection risk at home
- FBCCI to provide PPE to health service workers
- 40 youths’ great initiative to tackle coronavirus
- Tokyo Olympics pushed back a year
- DC door to door with sack on shoulder
- Pandemic coronavirus death toll crosses 35,000
- MP Jakob donates Tk 25 lakh to Charfashon-Manpura poor
- ICDDRB to test coronavirus
- US-Bangla provides PPE to all hospitals
- Netanyahu`s aide tests positive for coronavirus
- Fire hits 6 houses in Gopalganj
- CUET to remain shut until April 9
- Dhoni set for international retirement!
- Over 500 deaths recorded in US in a day; 21,000 infected
- PM to hold videoconference on coronavirus situation tomorrow
- Coronavirus: India to release 3000 prisoners!
- Woman in quarantine under open sky!
- Woman dies of breathing difficulties in Sunamganj, family quarantined
- All News »
- 147 new deaths reported in a hour, infected 345,289
- Coronavirus hospital to be built in Dhaka like China
- Hantavirus: All you need to know
- Corona death surging to 19000
- Japan claims to develop COVID-19 vaccine
- Coronarvirus infection climbed to 38 million globally
- 54 buildings of Mohammadpur under police surveillance
- British PM Boris Johnson infected with coronavirus
- Actor Kazi Maruf, his wife infected with coronavirus
- One more dies of coronavirus in Bangladesh
- All govt-private institutions closed until April 4
- US actor dies from coronavirus
- Lawsuit filed against China for coronavirus outbreak
- Coronavirus affected nurse kills herself ‘to protect others’
- British health secy Hancock test coronavirus positive
- 3 doctors die of Corona in Philippines
- AC land Sayma Hasan withdrawn
- Coronavirus death toll rises to 17,451
- Spain sees record 514 deaths in one day
- Now man dies from ‘hantavirus’ in China, 32 tested positive
- Alibaba donates Bangladesh 30,000 Covid-19 testing kits
- Gopalganj road crashes kill 2 motorcyclists, injure 26
- India to go into full lockdown from midnight
- Coronavirus death toll rises to 5 in country
- Italy reports 683 more coronavirus deaths
- US lawyer files $20 tn indemnity against China
- Italy registers 59,138 coronavirus cases, 5,476 dead
- Sanitizers free of cost in Bangladesh!
- 11 killed as gunmen attack Sikh religious complex in Kabul
- 15 of 48 corona patient recovered in Bangladesh; No new case