BCSIR Science Fair begins in Rajshahi
Published: 10:12 PM, 27 January 2020
Bangladesh Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (BCSIR) opened a three-day industrial science and technology fair-2020 on its Rajshahi campus on Sunday with the main thrust of making science and technology popular and projecting new innovations.
The fair with the slogan ‘in search of young scientists’ was inaugurated by Member (Finance) of BCSIR Shawkat Ali as the chief guest with BCSIR Director Dr Muhammad Ibrahim in the chair.
Encouraging the young scientists alongside flourishing their innovative talents and building a science-minded nation was also an objective of the fair.
Shawkat Ali said a substantial and sustainable boosting the number of science-minded students has become indispensable for flourishing the sector of information and communication technology.
There is no way but to wide-ranging promotion of the science and technology sector to take forward the nation successfully.
He referred to various aspects of expanding science education to the doorsteps of both rural and urban students and said there is no alternative to acquiring scientific knowledge to devise ways and means for advancing the nation technologically.
Ali also called for making the students and others science-minded for building technology and knowledge-based nation. The educational institutions should take the responsibility of enriching the students with scientific knowledge, he said.
Some 60 schools, colleges and science clubs are participating in the fair with more than 100 projects. Participants, divided into three age groups, will compete for the best award in the fair, the organizers told the participants.
The juvenile scientists are showcasing their optimum projects that include power generation using biogas and solar power and Wi-Fi controlling system.
One of the BCSIR officials said the fair remains open for visitors from 9am to 6pm every day.
- Amar Ekushey Prabhat Feri observed in Sylhet
- 2 BCL leaders crashed to fetch flowers
- Tribute procession to Ctg Central Shaheed Minar
- Prabhat Feri observed in Shariatpur
- More 115 killed in lethal COVID-19 in a day
- Crowd erupted at Shaheed Minar
- Today’s sports on TV
- Syria-Turkey fierce fighting in Idlib kills 27
- Amar Ekushey and International Mother Language Day today
- President, PM pay homage to Language Heroes
- 8-yrs son on way demanding punishment of father’s killers
- Man arrested after London mosque stabbing
- CU also not to join combined admission test system
- Martin Braithwaite joins Barcelona
- US Embassy launches website in Bengali
- BSF officer commits suicide in Kashmir
- BD ranks 143 in improving quality of life in children
- Schoolgirl hangs for cellphone
- Train derailed in Australia kills 2
- Bangladeshi detained by BSF on Kurigram border
- Untold story of language fighter Momtaz Begum
- Fraud Nigerian detained in airport
- Tips to get rid of chickenpox scar
- 9 persons, one institution to get Independence Award
- DMP detained 57 in anti-narcotic drive
- Extinct wildcat recovered from Bhola
- S Korea confirms first coronavirus death
- Kohli needs 11 to surpass Ganguly
- Use of English still continues on billboards
- Convicted accused detained in Brahmanbaria
- All News »
- ‘Kache Ashar Oshomapto Golpo’ to be aired on 13 channels
- 8 of a family burnt in N’ganj gas burner explosion
- Soumya with future wife
- Excellent puzzled day after 808 yrs
- Coronavirus: Death toll rises to 1666
- Good news to honey farmers
- 25-km tailback on Bangabandhu Bridge as toll plaza closed
- 1st coach of Metro rail arrived
- Boat capsize in Rangamati: 5 killed, 3 missing
- Marriage at office on Valentine’s Day getting no leave
- Srijit’s anger over Tahsan
- What Srijit told about Tahsan
- Korea to provide scanners to diagnose coronavirus to Bangladesh
- Valentine, Pahela Falgun celebration same day
- Sundarbans Day today
- 6,723 coronavirus patients discharged after recovery
- ‘Returnee from China-Singapore doesn’t mean coronavirus infected’
- Actor Tapas Paul passes away
- Death toll in China surges past 1,500
- Bangladesh wants Qatar`s support for Rohingya repatriation
- Kidney Specialist without certificate!
- CUET student Tahmid dies
- 19 case accused killed in two groups’ gunfight
- Another Bangladeshi infected with coronavirus in Singapore
- Technical students to get more financial assistance: PM
- Father of cut-copy-paste dies
- Wuhan hospital chief dies of coronavirus
- Ivanka Trump wears hijab for mosque visit
- Falguni kills 5 workers in Gopalganj
- Coronavirus: 10,844 discharged from hospital