BCL`s 70th founding anniversary today
Published: 01:42 PM, 4 January 2018 Updated: 06:38 PM, 5 January 2018
Logo of the Bangladesh Chhatra League (BCL)
Today is the 70th founding anniversary of the Bangladesh Chhatra League (BCL). It is one of the oldest organization in the country, which is leading a strong leadership in different democratic movements and struggles.
In order to achieve the independence of Bangladesh and Bengali people, Bangladesh Chhatra League was established just a year before the birth of the main party Awami League.
On Jan 4, 1948, Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman established this organization. The organization started under his leadership on Fazlul Huq Hall of Dhaka University.
Due to the motivation and patronization of the young leader Sheikh Mujib, a group of talented young people joined with him and started their journey on the day of the initiative.
In 1949, the Awami Muslim League emerged as the opposition party in Pakistan, which later is named as Awami League and took the lead in the country`s independence and independence struggle.
In this context, the establishment of Bangladesh Chhatra League is very important in the history of the Bengali nation.
Chhatra League is set to celebrate its founding anniversary through different programmes today.
Central leaders of the organization gave greetings and congratulations to all on the occasion of the 70th anniversary of the Bangladesh Chhatra League, the largest and old student organization of the subcontinent.
Chhatra League has taken a detailed five-day program for celebrating the 70th anniversary. National and party flag will be hoisted at all organizing offices including the central office of the organization.
They paid homage at the portrait of Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman in front of Bangabandhu Bhaban in Dhanmondi. Around 10 am, a cake cut in Curzon Hall of Dhaka University for its founding anniversary. Apart from a Joy rally held in all organizational units that located in Dhaka and throughout the country.
A BCL press release said that due to consider the suffering of the people and the Democracy Day on Jan 5, all the programs will be held on January 6 instead of January 4.
Warm clothes will be distributed among the destitute on January 8 at 2 pm at the Shadhinota chottor in Dhaka University. Apart from this, on January 9, the voluntary blood donation program will be held and educational material will be distributed among the students at Dhaka University on January 11. Chhatra League leaders will meet with Awami League Chairperson Sheikh Hasina at 4 pm at Gonobhaban.
- All you need to know about Islamic New Year
- Lightning kills 9 in 4 districts
- `Action against who discourage Rohingya `
- August 15 and 21 are in same knot
- First successful Air-raid in history
- Kashmir: Bone of contention between India-Pakistan
- Israel detains 16 Palestinians in West Bank raids
- Golden fibre makes farmer smile
- Govt to recruit 61 thousand primary teacher
- 15 houses fined having Aedes larvae in city
- Mother’s fight to fulfill daughter’s wish
- 3-day ‘Tree Fair’ begins in Manirampur
- ‘Sonar Bangla should be established to pay homage to Bangabandhu’
- Soroj Mehedi becomes BD Chief executive to MEDCOM-2020
- Big profit in little invest
- PEC exam schedule published
- Commerce Minister sought Brazil’s help to rise export
- Soumitra Chatterjee discharged from hospital
- Israel seeks to beat PTSD with ‘ecstasy’ therapy
- Mechanized farming in Bishwanath
- Mosharraf Karim flew to Canada on birthday!
- Air-ticket on mobile app
- Rohingya refused to go back
- Hardware security keys for Two-Factor Authentication!
- 2,549 dengue patients return home after recovery in Khulna
- 3 mobile operators gave Tk 9k crore to google-Facebook
- PM urges to improve Biman’s passenger services
- Nurse murdered over ‘triangle extra-marital affair’
- Rangpur farmers happy with better jute price
- Bubly wants to work with another instead of Shakib
- All News »
- Visiting Largest Fish Aquarium of Bangladesh
- Truck driver rescues girl from rape on moving bus
- Yarsagumba: World’s most expensive medicinal fungus
- 7 killed as auto-rickshaw crashes into bus
- Momo stares in Hindi film!
- PM receives Modi’s invitation letter
- Sabbir invites PM to his wedding
- Bollywood hot cake Sunny Leone now in Dhallywood
- Kona disclosed her marriage 3 months later!
- Immortal sayings of Bangabandhu
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- App launches to prevent dengue
- Man United faces Wolverhampton tonight
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- Medical admission test on Oct 4
- Apu Biswas comebacks
- 4 of a family killed in M’singh bus-car collision
- La Liga: Atletico Madrid faces Getafe tonight
- Jyoti’s new film in Kolkata
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- Champions League qualifying match tonight
- DU increases registration time for 52nd convocation
- Two Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- 9th wage board: Hearing on state appeal ends
- BCB seek clarity from Mashrafe Mortaza about ODI future
- Minni’s bail petition to HC again
- Pak-India war! 8 soldiers killed on LoC
- ‘National School Meal Act-2019’ draft approves