BCL stage demo at DU VC’s residence
Published: 10:55 AM, 12 March 2019 Updated: 03:03 PM, 12 March 2019
Photo: Daily Bangladesh
Bangladesh Chhatra League (BCL) staged a demonstration in front of the residence of Dhaka University's Vice Chancelor on campus on Tuesday morning, demanding re-election to Dhaka University Central Students Union (Ducsu).
They began protests this morning, after quota reform movement leader Nurul Haq Nur was elected vice-president (VP) of Ducsu in Monday’s elections.
Nur secured 11,062 votes while his nearest rival candidate Bangladesh Chhatra League (BCL) leader Rezwanul Haque Chowdhury Shovon bagged 9,129 votes.
DU Vice-Chancellor Md Akhtaruzzaman announced the results from Nawab Ali Chowdhury Senate Bhaban around 3:20am on Tuesday.
Later, Shovon’s followers rejected the results for the VP post and demonstrated in front of the residence of DU's Vice Chancelor.
They burned two tyres near the vice chancellor’s residence, chanting slogans that the election was “a farce” and demanding a re-election.
Additional police have been deployed on the campus.
- Housewife`s body recovered from Chikli River
- Reckless Green Line takes woman`s life
- Bangladesh wins 3 bronze in International Biology Olympiad
- AL will compete in Ershad’s seat
- DU students to stage demo tomorrow
- Govt appoints 70 DAGs
- Ferries not to carry truck during Eid
- Two bodies recovered in Pabna
- Muri Paddy makes farmer happy
- Hajj 2019: Multi-Storey tents in Mina for first time ever!
- Aush-Amon flooded in Moulvibazar
- Emotional Patrick Stewart unveils new Star Trek
- DIG Mizan shown arrested in bribery case
- Artificial milk production: Cost TK 6, Sell TK 61!
- HC fixed further time for Greenline
- Abduction, blackmale then ransom
- Rooppur pillow issue: HC waits for ministry’s action
- Verdict against 5 Gaibandha Razakars any day
- Rajshahi Kings sign JP Duminy
- Death convict surrendered
- Law minister doesn’t consider Priya’s statement as seditious offence
- BJP politician downs Darwin’s theory of evolution
- No action to be taken hastily against Priya Saha: Quader
- 7 including 4 cops killed in dual blast in Pakistan
- WhatsApp: Security & privacy
- Tractor rams motorcyclist in Dinajpur
- Fire at Banani multi-storey building again
- Eating burger links chronic diseases!
- Hammerhead shark found first-ever
- Court denies bail for Minni
- All News »
- Priya’s allegation is not correct: US Ambassador
- Child’s head in bag, youth lynched in Netrokona
- ‘Lady Killer’ Tisha to fight against formalin in food
- No more sight this life: Bidisha
- Priya falsify to Trump about Bangladesh
- Bride, bridegroom among 10 killed as train hits microbus
- HSC exam results tomorrow
- Rifat murder: Minni at Police Line for questioning
- HM Ershad passes away
- Ershad’s offspring: who & where
- BPSC announces dates for 38th BCS viva
- Police want 10-day remand of Minni
- England win Cricket WC after Super Over drama
- Rifat killing mastermind Minni; says police
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- 8 boards attain 71.85 pc pass rate
- Ershad’s first namaz-e-janaza held
- None took ‘liability of denying legal support’ to Minni
- 3 kids drown in flood water, 1 missing
- Ershad’s 1st janaza at army central mosque
- Accused stabbed dead by another in front of judge in court
- How to get HSC result
- Put Myanmar for Rohingya return; FM urges US
- Minni sent to jail
- Sohel Rana speechless on Ershad’s death
- PM to inaugurate ‘Benapole Express’ Wednesday
- Woman lynched over child-lifting rumour: 500 sued
- Ershad’s body in Rangpur
- PM urges DCs to be sincere for accelerated development
- HSC pass rate increases 7.9 pc