BCL’s 71st anniversary Friday
Published: 10:39 PM, 3 January 2019 Updated: 10:39 PM, 3 January 2019
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Bangladesh Chhatra League’s 71st anniversary will be held on Friday. On this day of 1948, Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman established the oldest and most traditional student organization of the country.
On 4 January 1948, the East Pakistan Muslim Chhatra League was established by Sheikh Mujibur Rahman at a meeting in Fazlul Huq Hall at the University of Dhaka. The organization's name was later changed to the Bangladesh Chhatra League. Naeemuddin Ahmed was the first convener of BCL while Khalek Newaz Khan was the founder general secretary of the Chhatra League.
The organization played a pioneering role in the 1952 Language Movement, in the victory of Jukta Front in the 1954 polls, anti-Aiyub movement in 1958, education movement in 1964, six-point movement in 1966, mass upsurge in 1969, elections in 1970, the Liberation War in 1971, rehabilitation activities in post-war Bangladesh, movement for restoration of democracy after 1975 changeover, student movement in 1983, and anti-autocratic movement in 1990.
On the 71st anniversary of BCL, the organization will hold various programs on Friday.
The Bangladesh Chhatra League’s weeklong program - on Friday at 6:30 am, hoisted the national and organizational flag at all the organizing offices of the organization, paying tribute to Father of the Nation at Bangabandhu Bhaban premises at Dhanmondi number 7, at 7:00 pm.
The programs will include hoisting National Flag and that of the organization atop its offices across the country on Friday at 6:30 am, placing floral wreaths at the portrait of Bangabandhu at Dhanmondi 32 in Dhaka at 7:00 am, cutting cake at 8:00 am at Dhaka University Curzon Hall and holding colorful processions across the country.
The second day of the program was held at 10:00 am on Saturday, from the procession that will start from Dhaka University’s Aparajeyo Bangla on barefoot.
Besides, on Monday at 10:00 am will be arranged with blood donation program at Aparajeyo Bangla and at 10:00 am on Tuesdays and at 4:00 pm, winter clothes will be distributed among the poor and distressed people.
- ‘Mayabati’ gets uncut clearance
- Heat weave may abate
- Probe body formed over DIG Mizan’s graft scandal
- ‘Systemic failure’ prevents strategy over Rohingya crisis
- Snake farming in Bangladesh
- Southern China earthquake kills 12, injures 134
- Khaleda Zia gets bail in two defamation cases
- Egyptian ex-leader Morsi buried in Cairo
- Probe report submission deferred again
- Indian magician drowns attempting Houdini trick
- PM greets tigers
- ‘I am happy that we are still in World Cup’
- Brazil to face Venezuela early tomorrow
- Last phase voting in 20 UZs underway
- Shakib, Liton star as Tigers beat Windies
- Three countries went dark and no one knows why
- Egypt’s ousted president Morsi dies
- Don’t make pocket committee with opportunists: Quader
- 6 Most Surprising Mosques in Africa!
- Shakib enters 6000-run club in ODI
- EC made all measures for fair polls: EC secy
- Enough money in banks, not for looting: PM
- Tk 15,000 cr supplementary budget for current FY passed in JS
- Stand for a while to lose weight, how?
- Caribbeans set 322-run target for Tigers
- Extremists use religion to create fascism: Monirul
- BD female pilots become paragons for Congolese women
- Tariff Commission Act gets Cabinet nod
- Shakib turned Pooran after Lewis
- Impotent injection for rapist
- All News »
- Apurba’s younger brother commits suicide
- Akash of N’ganj made Lamborghini!
- Uber driver’s slit-throat body found in Uttara
- Shakib, Liton star as Tigers beat Windies
- Daraz joins hands with Visa
- Australia beat Pakistan by 41 runs
- Ramp up pressure on Myanmar
- Mila’s assistant threw acid at Sanjari’s private parts!
- Ex-Sonagazi OC Moazzem held
- Rohingyas leave camps, collect Bangladeshi passports
- Amitabh Bachchan`s Twitter Account Hacked
- Oil tanker collision in Chattogram port, closes vessels movement
- PM orders for professional skill based promotion of army men
- 8 children injured as ceiling of hospital caves in
- 53 children die in India from brain disease linked to lychee
- Myanmar buying weapons despite int’l arms embargoes
- Drug trader killed in Cumilla gunfight
- Finance Minister starts unveiling budget
- England wins beating Windies
- BGB man killed by lightning strike
- College girl torched in Narsingdi, 1 held
- ‘Lack of harvesting laborers results of employment opportunities’
- 2 students killed in Pabna road crash
- ‘Rohingya crisis may destabilise Asia if not resolved’
- Cop sues wife on charge of torture for dowry
- Cigarette, bidi prices go up in Budget FY20
- JS budget session begins today
- Uday Hakim joins risingbd as Advisory Editor
- Most-detailed-ever; black hole mystery disclosure
- Tk 5,23,190cr budget for FY20 unveils in Parliament