BCB announces women cricket team for SA
Published: 08:34 PM, 24 April 2018
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) on Tuesday announced a 16-member national women’s cricket team for the tour of South Africa beginning on April 29 to play five ODIs and three T20I against their counterpart.
Bangladesh will leave for South Africa on April 28.
Rumana Ahmed is made the captain of ODI team while Salma Khatun will lead the Bangladesh T20 team in the series.
Bangladesh squad: Rumana Ahmed (Captain for ODI series), Salma Khatun (Captain for T20i Series), Nigar Sultana Joyti, Fargana Hoque Pinky, Khadiza-Tul Kubra, Fahima Khatun, Jannatul Ferdous Sumona, Shamima Sultana, Nahida Akter, Panna Ghosh, Suraya Azmim, Sanjida Islam, Sharmin Sultana, Sobhana Mostary, Murshida Khatun and Jahanara Alam.
Bangladesh Women’s Team will arrive in South Africa on April 29.
On May 2 Bangladesh XI will play warm-up match against TBC Witrand Oval, Potchefstroom.
The two team will play 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th ODI against South Africa on May 4, 6, 9, 11 and 14 respectively. Besides, two teams will play three T20 on May 17, 18 and 20.
Bangladesh Women’s Team departs South Africa on May 21.
- Mushfiqur`s ton in vain as Bangladesh lost to Australia
- Study ties unhealthy gums to liver cancer risk
- PM urges int’l bodies to help rehabilitate Rohingyas in Myanmar
- Tamim falls after score fifty
- Court orders to freeze DIG Mizan’s wealth
- Teenager stabbed in capital`s Kadamtali
- Bangladesh loses Soumya early
- Signal 3 for maritime ports
- Australia set Bangladesh 382 to win
- Nusrat murder: charges formed, testimonies Jun 27
- Get driving license after eye and dope test: HC
- Rohingya wants to return after ensuring recognition
- Warner hits ton, Australia heading for big total
- Novoair increases flights to Jashore
- US confirms drone was shot down by Iranian missile
- Soumya makes brekthough for Bangladesh
- National Vitamin ‘A’ plus campaign on June 22
- Rohingyas’ ardor to return home on refugee day
- Prisoner dies in Kashimpur jail
- ‘Dhaka Attack’s villain Taskeen got married
- Rana`s bail stay till July 1
- Provide Tk 50 within 2 months to Rajib’s family: HC
- Take development schemes protecting environment: PM
- 9 to die for killing C’nawabganj Jubo League leader
- Rain, thundershowers likely to continue
- Australia to bat first against Bangladesh
- UN praises Bangladesh peacekeepers
- ‘Refugee Day’ observed with 1.1m Rohingyas burden
- Google Doodle celebrates Sufia Kamal’s birth anniv
- Birth anniversary of poet Sufia Kamal today
- All News »
- Apurba’s younger brother commits suicide
- Akash of N’ganj made Lamborghini!
- Uber driver’s slit-throat body found in Uttara
- Shakib, Liton star as Tigers beat Windies
- Ex-Sonagazi OC Moazzem held
- Oil tanker collision in Chattogram port, closes vessels movement
- PM orders for professional skill based promotion of army men
- 53 children die in India from brain disease linked to lychee
- ‘Lack of harvesting laborers results of employment opportunities’
- BGB man killed by lightning strike
- Tigers won toss, bowl first
- England wins beating Windies
- Myanmar buying weapons despite int’l arms embargoes
- Finance Minister starts unveiling budget
- ‘Rohingya crisis may destabilise Asia if not resolved’
- Probe report submission deferred again
- College girl torched in Narsingdi, 1 held
- Gayle falls for duck!
- Tk 5,23,190cr budget for FY20 unveils in Parliament
- None can escape creating sabotage: HM
- Cigarette, bidi prices go up in Budget FY20
- Australia won by 87 runs
- Caribbeans set 322-run target for Tigers
- Facing measles outbreaks, NY bans religious vaccination exemption
- England beat Afghanistan by 150 runs
- Most-detailed-ever; black hole mystery disclosure
- Bangladesh informs UN about Myanmar’s non-cooperation
- Suspect pleads not guilty to all 92 charges
- RAB revealed mystery of Sensational Shakib murder
- Public exam pass marks 40, no GPA 5