BCB XI won by 51 runs after Tamim, Soumya tons
Published: 06:55 PM, 6 December 2018 Updated: 06:55 PM, 6 December 2018
With the fastest century of Tamim Iqbal and Soumya Sarkar, BCB XI won the only warm-up match against the West Indies. Tamim- Soumya made easy for target BCB XI against Caribbean’s 332 runs.
The game ends in light shortage before the scheduled time. But the win was a matter of time. As a result, Tamim and Soumya have taken the win by 51 runs in the D / L method.
In reply to the 332 runs, the opening pair of BCB XI Imrul and Tamim did exactly what was needed. They made 80 runs before 10 overs.
After Imrul Kayes's dismissal with the score on 81 off nine overs, Tamim Iqbal has ensured that the scoring rate has not slowed down. Tamim made century with stormy innings and scored 107 off 73 balls.
In the meantime, BCB XI lost six wickets quickly. But, Soumya Sarkar who came to crease in number three, kept the team on the winning side. Like Tamim, Soumya also played a the stormy innings. Soumya Sarkar was unbeaten on 103 along with Mashrafe Bin Mortaza on 22.
Earlier, West Indies sets up a 332-run target to chase down for Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) XI in the only 50-over warm-up match at the BKSP.
West Indies have lost four wickets for 17 runs as BCB XI roar back into contention. Skipper Rovman Powell departs for a duck, caught behind off off-spinner Shamim Hossain Patoary.
After a quickfire 39-run sixth-wicket partnership with Roston Chase in 6.2 overs, talented West Indies youngster Shimron Hetmyer is caught off Rubel Hossain when he gets a top-edge off an attempted pull shot on 215/6.
After a middle-order collapse West Indies' lower-middle order batsmen have gotten them back on track and although Shimron Hetmyer's wicket set them back, they will count on the current pair to take the total to 300.
Rubel removes the dangerous-looking Fabian Allen (48), who swipes across the line without any feet movement to be caught plumb in front. Then Mehedi removes Paul (2) on 296. But RL chase unbeaten 65 off 51 help the visitor to reach 331/8 in 50 overs.
Nazmul Islam, Rubel Hossain, and Mehedi Hasan Rana each took 2 wickets for BCB XI. Mashrafe and Shamim took 1 each.
- Mushfiqur, Mithun uncertain, Mominul recalled
- Govt blocks 55 more porn sites
- Chris Gayle to retire from ODIs after World Cup
- Modern technologies at MMCH
- Pakistan recalls India envoy over Kashmir attack
- The reasons behind Madrid`s collapse against Girona
- Tk964.16 cr project in Rajshahi div
- Bengali shouldn’t miss ‘Fagun Haway’
- A threat to my safety: Alec Baldwin
- Mbappe goal sends PSG 12 points clear
- Schoolboy killed as picnic bus falls into ditch
- Yemen sides agree deal on first pullback: UN
- 73 including drug traders held in Satkhira
- Consumer bother with weird Elec bill
- CEC directs law agencies to play neutral role
- Gazette of women MPs for reserved seats published
- Gayle to retire from ODIs after World Cup
- 20,000 Yaba recovered in Teknaf
- HC rejects writ challenging MPs` oath-taking
- Biman Bangladesh Airlines board reconstituted
- India to ban Pakistani singers?
- Bangladeshi killed again in Saudi road accident
- Traffic movement hampered as bridge slab fall apart
- Austrian Foreign Minister due tomorrow
- Motorcyclist killed in Gazipur road accident
- Saudi signs investment deals worth $20bn in Pakistan
- Diabetes links Alzheimer`s
- Police submit charge sheet in Abhijit murder case
- Forest robber killed in Sundarbans gunfight
- 19 Palestinians and Israeli soldier wounded in Gaza clashes
- All News »
- ‘Work with history of country’s Language Movement’
- Spain teeters on brink of snap election
- Bangladesh, Indian Air Forces can work together: PM
- Net house potato farming gains ground in Rajshahi
- Pakistan summons Indian envoy to protest `baseless allegations`
- Which channel broadcast BAN vs NZ series
- Another spell of gas suspension in Capital Tuesday
- Biswa Ijtema begins tomorrow
- Elderly couple among 3 killed in Munshiganj road crash
- Haunting beauty of ghost towns
- “AL not embarrassed of BNP’s case against polls”
- Mithun`s fifty takes Bangladesh to 226
- 28 including drug traders held in Dinajpur
- College student killed in Madarganj road crash
- Pahela Falgun being celebrated
- Two drug traders held with phensedyl
- Seven yrs of Sagar-Runi murder
- Gas supply shutdown in Dhaka including Savar
- Barcelona, Man City to play tonight
- Ali, employee of Daily Bangladesh, injured in road crash
- NZ clinch ODI series 2-0 against Tigers
- “’Fagun Haway’ will inspire new generation in patriotism”
- Hong Kong stocks open lower
- Prominent poet Al Mahmud dies
- Samsung to launch US retail stores in smartphone push
- Tomorrow’s SSC exam deferred to March 2
- Last tributes to poet Al Mahmud at Bangla Academy
- DUCSU `election schedule` today
- 1st phase of nomination withdrawal ends today
- Bangladesh set 233-run target for NZ