BBPL will miss Shakib: Russell
Published: 09:58 PM, 10 December 2019
Andre Russell, considered as the most explosive batsman in T20 cricket, said the Bangabandhu Bangladesh Premier League (BBPL) tournament will miss Shakib Al Hasan, the ace all-rounder who will not present in the event due to serving the ban imposed by ICC.
Russell who is appointed as the captain of Rajshahi Royals also showed his sympathy towards the world’s best all-rounder and expected that he would come back strongly.
Shakib was banned for two years, with one year of that suspended due to is failure to report corrupt approaches by the bookies to the International Cricket Council (ICC).
Russell himself also experienced a one-year ban from cricket due to the violation of the doping-code. So, he knows well how it feels to be away from cricket.
“The whole BPL will miss Shakib,” Russell said here today. “He is a very good player, a smart bowler and a good hitter of the ball… He is still a young guy. I experienced one year ban as well, so it’s a matter of coming back strongly and focusing on the right thing.”
Russell though has the experience of leading any side but in any foreign domestic tournament, it is the first time that he is appointed as captain and he is ready to take that challenge.
“I’m honoured for being entrusted with the responsibility of leading the team. Regardless, I always look myself as a player in the heat. I have a very big role in any team which I play for. It is going to be something new for me outside the Caribbean. I have led Jamaica Tallawahs before. It will be interesting and I am up for a challenge,” he remarked.
“I won’t say we have the best squad but we have a good team on paper. It is a good start for any captain, coach and any team. We want to use the experience of each player, which will put us in the right foot. We have Shoaib Malik, myself, Ravi Bopara, Zazai and Das at the top. We have a few good local talents. I have been watching videos, seeing what they can do. We have a balanced squad including local and international fast bowlers. We have good options,” Russell said.
- Assam trembled in multiple blast
- Sheikh Russel Water Treatment Plant inaugurated
- Woman set to marry plane, claims they’re dating for 6 yrs
- Coronavirus infected identified in Israel
- China lies over coronavirus infected, it topped .9 million!
- Atiqul unveils election manifesto
- Cold wave may abate in next 24 hours
- Mask-hand sanitizer sever crisis in China
- Chinese physicians in treatment-war amid coronavirus scary
- PM opens several uplift schemes
- 31 killed in Madagascar torrential rains
- 2 Bangladeshis receive Padma Bhushan, Padma Shri awards in India
- 30 killed in Brazil floods and landslides
- Tabu gets 3 cr bucks for 15 minutes!
- Husband’s name ‘Hospital’ in voter list; wife becomes senseless
- 2 killed as truck rams auto in M’singh
- Mango buds in advance spring
- Barca beaten by Valencia in early blow for Setien
- Death toll climbed to 31 in Turkey quake-aftershock
- Facebook notification stopped
- International Customs Day today
- Real Madrid, Juventus, Man City, Man United to play today
- Car loaded with drugs sold at police auction
- Coronavirus death toll jumps to 56 in China
- 31 fishermen murder accused killed in gunfight
- Hearing on writ seeking stay city polls today
- Myanmar army kills 2 Rohingya pregnant women
- Humayun urges ThaiBev to jointly invest in Bangladesh
- Myanmar must abide by ICJ orders: Hasan
- Coronavirus can kill 65mn people!
- All News »
- Cox’s Bazar-St. Martin ship to be launched February
- 5,000 students get scholarship of Jahangir Alam Foundation
- China virus deaths rise to 17, heightening global alarm
- ICJ orders Myanmar to protect Rohingya, to preserve evidence
- High levels of Uranium found in Cox’s Bazar
- Rapists cheer on Facebook Live after rape in Gazipur
- Actress Ishrat Nishat passes away
- Coronavirus: Everything you need to know
- Man suicides killing 4 in Maulvibazar: Story revealed
- Ijtema ends seeking global peace, unity
- Two siblings among 3 electrocuted in Hazaribagh
- Record: Trump tweets, retweets 125 times in a day
- Coronavirus: 11 under observation in India, Bangladesh on alert
- Gabtoli turmoil after throwing eggs
- Bride’s mother elopes with groom’s father
- Bangladesh enters e-Passport era
- Bangladesh meet Burundi in semifinal today
- World court’s four orders against Myanmar
- Ronaldo makes accidental kiss to Dybala
- Coronavirus death toll jumps to 25 with 830 cases: govt
- ‘Dil Toh Happy Hai Ji’ actress Sejal Sharma commits suicide
- E-passport is a ‘Mujib Barsho’ gift for nation: PM
- E-passport to be launched today
- Harry, Meghan to give up royal titles
- Court orders to publish ads asking SK Sinha, 10 others to appear
- Fourth person has died from new virus: China
- Wife receives husband with ‘Milk-bath’ for divorce!
- Comilla University’s 1st convocation Monday
- Over 100 killed in Yemen missile, drone attack
- Seven killed in Indonesia bridge collapse